Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

YES!~!! I found it

Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
YES!~!! I found it

Have you ever had a noise that was driving you nuts, and just couldnt figure out what the heck it was.. Well, I got it... I thought for sure it was going to be a pully, Kind of started right round the time I did my water pump.

Well, crawled under the hood, found that I didnt put the shroud back in the slots, that didnt fix it.
Started shooting WD 40 at each pully, waiting to see if one would cure it, nope.
Put the truck in park, climbed under and started listening.. Found it, it was the the 4x4 shiled under the transfer case.. How the heck that thing was bent up enough to touch the transfer case is beyond me.. But I found IT

Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I know that must feel good. Good for you man.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good deal Pat, glad ya found it! And thanks for sharing, ya never know when one of us will have the same rattle! Have a rep on me

Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM
teammaxdale
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats crazy

Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Isnt it funny how some of the dumbiest things can drive you crazy like that..It would vibrate at idle, but not always, thought it was the compressor for the ac, then at certain speeds, but only while pedal was at a certain spot....

I can not imagine what the people behind me thought when I climbed under the truck at the light..at least I was back in before traffic started moving..

Thanks Guys!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine did the EXACT same thing! Couldnt figure it out for the life of me... It would rattle like crazy... I thought my tranny was going out. Had a friend get underneath the truck and he just started laughing. He said "HEY go get me a pry bar" I told i had already tried beating the crap out of stuff to find it. But sure enough that little skid plate was bent all to hell!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Eric H
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup! I purchased my truck used and it came with a rattle in the drivers side door. I'd push and pull on the panel, but could never get it completely quite. When I went to replace the speakers I found one clip that wasn't sitting quite right. All is well now!

Search this Thread