Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Senior User

turborich is starting off with a positive reputation.
where to add washer fluid for rear wiper/window?

Where is the rear wiper fluid resovoir located? Is it in the rear or share the front one? I ask because the front sprayers work but the rear doesn't & I didn't see any resovoir in the rear.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Senior User

Modified 99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

There is a common (shared) reservoir for the fluid. The spray nozzle at the rear could be blocked or clogged. Find a real fine strand of wire and open the hole. Don't be to aggressive when opening the hole, you could affect the spray pattern.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Senior User

turborich is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for that info, I will check it out when the wife gets home.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Elder User

pitrow is starting off with a positive reputation.
when I first got my expy the washer fluid hose for the rear had come off the nozzle, so when I hit it nothing would happen at first, but if I left it going for a while eventually fluid would start coming out the edge of the headliner. I had to drop the headliner in the rear and reattach the line. Have someone sit in the rear while you run the rear washer and see if they can hear fluid trickling anywhere.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Elder User

heymrdj is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.heymrdj is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
heymrdjlive
When I bought my 04 it had this issue. Turns out it was the relay that decided which direction to turn the motor depending on whether it was sending the fluid for or aft. They did this repair for free at the dealership though before I got it, so I can't say much better.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
New User

jlamb30 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrow View Post
when I first got my expy the washer fluid hose for the rear had come off the nozzle, so when I hit it nothing would happen at first, but if I left it going for a while eventually fluid would start coming out the edge of the headliner. I had to drop the headliner in the rear and reattach the line. Have someone sit in the rear while you run the rear washer and see if they can hear fluid trickling anywhere.
When I bought my 2001 back from my ex, mine didn't work either. Found a joint behind the right front kick panel that had come loose. Hooked that back up, tried it, and it started raining fluid from the rear of the headliner trim and the rear dome light housing. Found that joint, hooked it up, been fine since.

If that is the problem, I suggest using small hose clamps or zip-ties, cinched down TIGHT, to keep them from coming apart again. I used zip-ties, because that's what I had on hand.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
08, 2003, 2004, 99, add, edge, expedition, fluid, ford, lincoln, motor, navigator, rear, washer, wiper