Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

No Fords in Pro Stock.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
cs_88
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Fords in Pro Stock.

So, every so often I'll catch the NHRA races on ESPN and can't help but notice that there are no Fords in Pro Stock. Just wondering why that is?

Old 11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford has not a good Pro Stock racer since Bob Glidden, who retired in 1997 with 10 pro stock championships. He was unbeatable for awhile there in the late 80's.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
JBradley500
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NHRA pro-stocks hate fords for some reason and they try to make anything with the Ford name on it illegal but get ready boys... theres a 2010 mustang that might be privately funded for racing in the next 1-1.5 years.

"Since the word is out, I thought I should comment so the rumors don't get totally out of hand and cuase problems. First off, FORD IS NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY ON THIS DEAL!. Its all privately funded from other entities who will remain anonymous at least until they deem it necessary to make them self's known. The funds are there, the thing is a GO and progress is being made. Anything this complex takes a team of individuals and companies to pull off not to mention a lot of time to complete. Its not going to happen over night and its not going to happen in a year. It might take a year and half before everything is completed."
-darin morgan on the head design he working on

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Reveal/a20.jpg

Old 11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JBradley500
NHRA pro-stocks hate fords for some reason and they try to make anything with the Ford name on it illegal but get ready boys... theres a 2010 mustang that might be privately funded for racing in the next 1-1.5 years.

"Since the word is out, I thought I should comment so the rumors don't get totally out of hand and cuase problems. First off, FORD IS NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY ON THIS DEAL!. Its all privately funded from other entities who will remain anonymous at least until they deem it necessary to make them self's known. The funds are there, the thing is a GO and progress is being made. Anything this complex takes a team of individuals and companies to pull off not to mention a lot of time to complete. Its not going to happen over night and its not going to happen in a year. It might take a year and half before everything is completed."
-darin morgan on the head design he working on

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Reveal/a20.jpg
I would be great to have a top tier team for Ford in Pro stock again. I like pro stock racing but hate the fact it is all Mopar and GM. Ford had some pretty strong cars a while back in IHRA mountain motor pro stock, but I haven't followed IHRA in awhile.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
JBradley500
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my opinion...

i dont really care for it. there's no way you are going to compete without a R&D department with about a billion dollars. at least with the big power cars you can win with luck on your side. in pro stock you need the best car no matter what because no one blows the tires off of them or has failure compared to nitro classes.