2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line of Fire

Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
cyclegrip
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line of Fire

Any of you have them? My dad has an 04 F150 and wants one of these things, so I decided I might want to get him one for Christmas. For those who have them, where did you buy them? How much were they? I would need the 60" one right, it's not a stepside or anything.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:00 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you talking about the Fire and ice light bar? Stylin Trucks has them on sale right now half off; http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-26=Lighting&partfamilyid=1713
Ordering mine after I post this.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 AM
HighTech67
New User
I've had two of them, on different trucks. One with just the brake lights and the one I have now has both brake and backup lights. The backup lights don't help you to see anything that I can tell, but anyone behind you should not be able to miss them.

I bought mine at a local shop that sells and installs everything you can think of. They weren't too expensive, especially knowing that the people behind you can see you so much better. You now have 4 levels of brake lights. Yes, the 60" is for full size trucks.

John T

Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Still Smoking
Elder User
I got one on my 04. Love it. Its not the Line of fire with Ice. But its just the brake light turn signal one. Really nice. I paid I think 45 at a auto parts store. Only thing I didnt like about this one was the brackets where really cheap and where I work I got this tape called VHB its really strong you can hang from a celling and your shoes would fall apart first before this tape does. So I put some primer on and put that tape on and stuck it. Its nice I would recomend on of these to anyone. Makes your truck look nice.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:43 AM
spatts
Senior User
I have the Pacer Brand . I purchased it from Cabella's Outfitters online $59.00. It is the 60'' with red marker lights, red brake lights, amber dirrectionals (they match the factory mirrors if you have them) and white reverse lights. They are set up so that you dont have to drill any holes in the truck and it plugs directly into the factory tow plug. i have had it for over a year now with no trouble.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:51 AM
USMCAIRF18
Freshman User
Originally Posted by spatts
I have the Pacer Brand . I purchased it from Cabella's Outfitters online $59.00. It is the 60'' with red marker lights, red brake lights, amber dirrectionals (they match the factory mirrors if you have them) and white reverse lights. They are set up so that you dont have to drill any holes in the truck and it plugs directly into the factory tow plug. i have had it for over a year now with no trouble.
I have a '06 F-150 XLT 4x4 Scab with Long bed....
Does it plug into the 4-pin or 7-pin?
Is it wired (spliced) in or does it snake around and come out the back and plug in? Can you splice it in anyway?
Can you still toe with this if it plugs into 4-pin and you tow with 7-pin b/c mine has both with factory tow pkg?....or does it mess with truck thinking both plugged into?
Also, have you had any issues with the Pacer one sticking (adhesive) or how is it installed?
And, do you have the flexible or rigid design? Do you like what you have? What is the biggest difference in installation? Is the flexible quite straight? I imagine it would be noticable...
Thanks

Old 11-22-2008, 05:41 PM
spatts
Senior User
I can tell you that I have had the lights on for just over a year with no problems at all (NY all 4 Seasons). The design is rigid plastic , with small plastic plates that adhere to the trucks surface , then the light bar is screwed to the plates . I did have to modify it slightly just to accomadate the tail gate stop,or you can remove the tailgate stop. If you use the plug that comes with the unit it will take up the 4 wire flat spot , or you can wire directly to the wire harness of the truck . I dont believe having it wired in would interfear with the other 7 pin round plug but I cant say for shure. The only other thing is that you must decide if you want the light bar to work all the time or only when the lights are on? There is a red (+) wire that uses constant 12 v or you can pick up the marker light 12 v as I have done. These lights are bright but I cant see a reason why you would need them in the day light , In my opinion they serve there purpose best at night plus the life of the unit would be greatly lengthened.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
cyclegrip
Senior User
Originally Posted by shorebird
Are you talking about the Fire and ice light bar? Stylin Trucks has them on sale right now half off; http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-26=Lighting&partfamilyid=1713
Ordering mine after I post this.
Thanks for the site, cheaper with shipping than most places. Did you wire yours right into the lights or do you use the tow hookup because my dad pulls the camper an awful lot so he'll need that. He is a wiz of a mechanic though so he shouldn't have a time if this can put right into the harness.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:07 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I ordered mine right after I posted the Stylin Trucks link. I plan on using mine plugged into the 4 pin plug socket when not towing. When I tow a utility trailer the rear of the truck is obscured so unplugging the light bar from the 4 pin socket and using the socket for the trailer lights is OK. If I am towing a RV trailer I use the 7 pin socket so the light bar can stay connected.

Search this Thread