Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 PM
New User

MGMcMahon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glow Plugs

Hi New here, and new to internet blogs
Anyway.... I think I need to have my glow plugs changed. HOw often, do they need changing and is it easy to do?
or any other info you can give me would be great
Mike
Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mike, did you get your GPR tested?
any luck?
call me if you have any issues
you got my #
02 F-350 lariat srw,supercab longbed 4x4 FX4
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 12-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
mike,
you can test glow plugs with a test light! or a multimeter! but the test light is easier!
just connect the ground side of you test light to positive side of the battery and touch the electrical connection of the glow plug,ie!the glow plug itself! if the test light lights up your glow plug is shorted. or went to ground!!

jack
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
New User

Wish I was more in tune with forums and threads

I came here one time to post and ask a question about my glow plugs, but now I would just like to sell my 7.3 to someone who would appreciate this one owner truck in great shape.
I really don't like to sell this truck, but last year I bet I didn't drive it over 200 miles, and it just does not make sense to let this truck to sit and well maybe fall apart from non use.
I have tried to go to the classified section but I am told I don't have enough threads or something, I wish someone could guide me here
Looking for guidance here.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Junior User

Mr.Dilac7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMcMahon View Post
I came here one time to post and ask a question about my glow plugs, but now I would just like to sell my 7.3 to someone who would appreciate this one owner truck in great shape.
I really don't like to sell this truck, but last year I bet I didn't drive it over 200 miles, and it just does not make sense to let this truck to sit and well maybe fall apart from non use.
I have tried to go to the classified section but I am told I don't have enough threads or something, I wish someone could guide me here
Looking for guidance here.
Tell me a little more about your truck. I do alot of construction jobs when I am not at the FD, and guys I work with are looking for a 7.3L. Hell, maybe I would even think about it adding a second one.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
please due tell and you should go to some of the BS threads on here. they are fun and less fustratating. and you can get your post count up faster.!and you get more out of FTE. i've talked to guys and girls from all over the world. and they are very nice people. and i was just trying to help. my name is jack and i'm a diesel tech. see ya on one of the BS threads...trust me you will get more info out of it. but check in with your chapter leader first. and welcome to FTE...
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dilac7.3 View Post
Tell me a little more about your truck. I do alot of construction jobs when I am not at the FD, and guys I work with are looking for a 7.3L. Hell, maybe I would even think about it adding a second one.
Hi, still new at this Ford website and threads and such
Anyway what would you like to know about my truck, its in really really good shape and looks great, I can say that much. Wish I could send a picture somehow.
I am located in Illinois, Northern IL. When you say FD I assume you mean Fire Department? I am retired form the CFD, little city on lake Michigan in northern IL sometimes called the windy city named after our vast array of crooked politicians who are very windy. and completely full of S*#@ and of themselves.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 PM
New User

Whatdo I do with this?

as son as I hit reply this box comes up I don't know what to do with it UHG!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
email me a pic of your truck, I can post it for you
02 F-350 lariat srw,supercab longbed 4x4 FX4
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter

Tags
350, ford, glow, plugs, truck