Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Senior User

John_deere_kid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rebuild of Project Flareside

So in case you haven't heard i totaled my truck the other day on my way to school.

"Got caught in a sudden snow storm, and i sam a line of cars ahead of me start sliding all over the place (we were going down hill) so i just barely tapped the brakes (truck driver behind me verified that) and it kicked the rear end to the passenger side (which was a hill going up from the road) then i was backwards going down the road but on the hilll if you understand what i'm saying, then i rolled it onto the roof into the road. We're gonna go get it in a little bit and bring it home and start rebuilding. I'm fine, just sore....."

we ended up not bring it home last night unfortunately, but it will be home in the next day or so. The cab and the bed are bad, the front end is fine. So i got some questions. Do I have to pull the front end apart to pull the cab off? I'm looking for some advice on how to do this. We just had the bed off of it to replace the inside panels, and now the fiberglass fenders are junk, so i'm stuck with a regular shortbed for now. But we never pulled the cab or the front end off. Any ideas, suggestions, comments are welcome.

The Company Truck
2008 F350 4x4
Ext. Cab, 9ft Knaphede Service bed, 3203 Auto Crane, V10 Automatic. Lives in the oil fields of Northwest PA
Old 12-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Elder User

waynaferd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I haven't taken a nose off anything newer than a 87 ramcharger or a 67 F-250, but if you can take the whole nose off you'll be doing swell. You gotta undo all the wiring, steering shaft, brake lines, shifter/clutch linkage, vaccuum lines, heater/AC hoses, etc, from the firewall to pull the cab. Not sure how much of a PITA it would be on early 90's ford.

Dime Store Hooch - 86 2x...a body dropped and rusted, 300-6 4 barrel scrap yard rescue my wife absolutely hates

I stole my avatar pic!!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Senior User

John_deere_kid is starting off with a positive reputation.
we got it torn down to the frame. Check out this same thread in the 1986-1996 F150.... forum

The Company Truck
2008 F350 4x4
Ext. Cab, 9ft Knaphede Service bed, 3203 Auto Crane, V10 Automatic. Lives in the oil fields of Northwest PA
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks

Tags
90s, early, flairside, flare, flareside, ford, pickup, rebuild, side, truck