Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Welcome alamojimmy to the chapter!

Another new chapter member - this has been a good week!

Tell us a little about yourself and that beastly truck, alamo.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Posting Guru

Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome alamojimmy.

Your going to love what you read.

Serg. SoCal

2000 F-350 LARIAT CC 4X4 V-10
2008 Wrangler Unlimited X 4X4
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
I'm glad you joined our esteemed Chapter.

Keep your eyes peeled for Bubba Red Beard. He's been know to navigate these waters in his leisure time.
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Senior User

alamojimmy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for the welcome Gentlemen. Proud to be a part of what seems to be the most knowledgeable forum on the web. A little about my truck:

2003 PSD 6.0
Edge Performance w/ Attitude Programer
RBP custom 5" straight exhaust all the way back. Dumps out over rear axle. Pretty unique.
Airrade intake
Custom built 19" lift w/dual King airshocks front and rear
20" Helo Powder Coated BLK rims
44" Continental's
Full Leather w/ Carbon Fiber accents on the interior.
Harley Davidson edition front clip.

I guess that is about it..................for now!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
I'd love to hear that 5" straight pipe - I'll bet it sounds mean.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Senior User

It is pretty wicked. The airrade gives it a jet engine whistle until about 2000 RPM when the turbo really kicks it up and then it sounds like a 351 Cleveland with turbo mufflers. Not sure if you've heard that before but, it is a wonderful sound.

On another note Steve,

What is this I hear about diesels having to be smogged starting in 2010? I have heard but, have not researched at all, that it will apply to all year model diesels and not just new ones. Do you know anything about this? Obviously that would be a problem for me. LOL
Old 11-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler4 View Post
I'm glad you joined our esteemed Chapter.

Keep your eyes peeled for Bubba Red Beard. He's been know to navigate these waters in his leisure time.
what, am i a pirate now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamojimmy View Post
Thanks for the welcome Gentlemen. Proud to be a part of what seems to be the most knowledgeable forum on the web. A little about my truck:

2003 PSD 6.0
Edge Performance w/ Attitude Programer
RBP custom 5" straight exhaust all the way back. Dumps out over rear axle. Pretty unique.
Airrade intake
Custom built 19" lift w/dual King airshocks front and rear
20" Helo Powder Coated BLK rims
44" Continental's
Full Leather w/ Carbon Fiber accents on the interior.

I guess that is about it..................for now!
he welcome to the site, sounds like a mean rig! glad to have ya!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior User

Thanks Matey.....? LOL. Really, thanks Bubba. I love the looks of your year model truck. I have not seen yours but, I am familiar and love them.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Welcome to the finest chapter on FTE. Hope to meet you in realtime soon.

Quote:
Custom built 19" lift

Quote:
What is this I hear about diesels having to be smogged starting in 2010? I have heard but, have not researched at all, that it will apply to all year model diesels and not just new ones. Do you know anything about this? Obviously that would be a problem for me. LOL
So far it will only be for vehicles < 8,500 GVW. That excludes Superduties. The 1/2 ton diesels we expect in 2010 will have to be smog tested.

You can read the nasty text here:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/about/leg/leginfo_vr.htm

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
looks like boats need smog now too?

Prohibits the DMV from registering vessels with stern drive or inboard engines manufactured after January 1, 2008, if they do not meet emissions regulations.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman View Post
looks like boats need smog now too?

Prohibits the DMV from registering vessels with stern drive or inboard engines manufactured after January 1, 2008, if they do not meet emissions regulations.
They have to meet emissions regulations, but that does not mean they will be subject to owner smog checks. I see that as a motor manufacturer responsibility, only.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Welcome aboard AlamoJimmy!

How's the 2003 6-oh holding up for you?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Senior User

Hey Pop,
It is a champ. I love it. The mods have made a pretty big performance difference and the truck is really well done. No complaints at all.

Alamo
Old 11-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
It is pretty wicked. The airrade gives it a jet engine whistle until about 2000 RPM when the turbo really kicks it up and then it sounds like a 351 Cleveland with turbo mufflers. Not sure if you've heard that before but, it is a wonderful sound.
Why yes, I'm most familiar with that wonderful, incredible, spine-tingling sound! Wish I still had that Mach 1....
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Posting Guru

bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.
wait...did he buy griffs truck?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter