Sponsored by: DP Tuner

It has to be said....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has to be said....

....Jim, Megawatt, is a helluva nice guy. Met him this morning for breakfast on his trip to FL to see his family. He has to be one of nicest guys I have met. He had pretty much driven all night, Slept in his truck, with a rabbit of all things, up early and still super nice. We had breakfast a the local Cracker Barrel, and for those that don't know, that is about as close to down home, southern cooking as it gets. We ate, drank coffee and talked for a good little visit. We left there and got him a new tire for his trailer, one was in pretty bad shape, and he is off to see his daughter, Jaymi-Lyn, who's waiting on him and the rabbit.
Just thought I would share this with you as he is going to be busy and not on line much for a while anyway. Bottom line, if you ever get a chance to met Jim, do so, I think you will be the better for it. Heck, he never even laughed at my southern ways.
To Jim, best wishes on the remainder of your trip. Be safe and say hi to J-L for me and I look forward to our next meeting....

Old 11-20-2008, 08:57 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah, Unfortunately I was unable to hook up with him in person yesterday, but we talked a while on the phone. Very nice guy. I am wondering though Barry, with his accent and yours, did you guys have to use hand gestures, or a white board to write things down?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 AM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still have your southern ways livin in NC??? YEEEEEEEHAAAAAA

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Jim called me last night while he was driving. Now he and I talk all the time and he says he don't have an accent. . Can you hear Jim and I (being a cajan) talking??? . Yes, Jim is a great guy. Glad to have him for a friend. Just like the rest of you guys/gals.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by zx250
....Jim, Megawatt, is a helluva nice guy. Met him this morning for breakfast on his trip to FL to see his family. He has to be one of nicest guys I have met. He had pretty much driven all night, Slept in his truck, with a rabbit of all things, up early and still super nice. We had breakfast a the local Cracker Barrel, and for those that don't know, that is about as close to down home, southern cooking as it gets. We ate, drank coffee and talked for a good little visit. We left there and got him a new tire for his trailer, one was in pretty bad shape, and he is off to see his daughter, Jaymi-Lyn, who's waiting on him and the rabbit.
Just thought I would share this with you as he is going to be busy and not on line much for a while anyway. Bottom line, if you ever get a chance to met Jim, do so, I think you will be the better for it. Heck, he never even laughed at my southern ways.
To Jim, best wishes on the remainder of your trip. Be safe and say hi to J-L for me and I look forward to our next meeting....
I met up with him yesterday and said somthing about it in the OT, but I agree 100%. Ill be meeting up with him for sure once I get back to FL, He's a great guy.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
zx250
Originally Posted by HKusp
Yeah, Unfortunately I was unable to hook up with him in person yesterday, but we talked a while on the phone. Very nice guy. I am wondering though Barry, with his accent and yours, did you guys have to use hand gestures, or a white board to write things down?
Yeah, he said he was had missed you. He wound up driving all the way to Concord last night. I spoke to him around 7pm and he was 320+ miles from here. Didn't stop until he saw the Concord exits. Found a parking lot and grabbed some sleep. He was excited about seeing the little girl of his. As far as the accents, we did good although I'm sure he has enough to laugh about for a few hundred miles. Not sure what he thought about that plate full of biscuits and milk gravy I had. He went with probably the only thing he recognized, sour dough French toast.

Originally Posted by RedBoat
Still have your southern ways livin in NC??? YEEEEEEEHAAAAAA
Why shucks yeah, I think redneck was minted here in the birth place of NASCAR. The place we had breakfast was on Dale Earnhardt Blvd, which runs into hwy #3 and that's not even a joke.....

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool story Barry.......I have no doubt that I'll meet lots of you guys someday on here, and Jim is on that list!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
Cool story Barry.......I have no doubt that I'll meet lots of you guys someday on here, and Jim is on that list!
Just thinking the same thing. If you guys make it out west on I-70, give me a shout.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:31 AM
zx250
If I can ever get a good hunt lined up, I will plan extra visit time to try to see as many as I can heading out and back. Got to find something bigger that the 140lb whitetails we have around here.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Yeah, he said he was had missed you. He wound up driving all the way to Concord last night. I spoke to him around 7pm and he was 320+ miles from here. Didn't stop until he saw the Concord exits. Found a parking lot and grabbed some sleep. He was excited about seeing the little girl of his. As far as the accents, we did good although I'm sure he has enough to laugh about for a few hundred miles. Not sure what he thought about that plate full of biscuits and milk gravy I had. He went with probably the only thing he recognized, sour dough French toast.

Why shucks yeah, I think redneck was minted here in the birth place of NASCAR. The place we had breakfast was on Dale Earnhardt Blvd, which runs into hwy #3 and that's not even a joke.....
Damn what time did he get to Concord? He left here about 3:30pm and was heading intot rush hour traffic..

Biscuits and gravy are my favorite..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I can ever get a good hunt lined up, I will plan extra visit time to try to see as many as I can heading out and back. Got to find something bigger that the 140lb whitetails we have around here.
There are plenty of nice bull elk in the high country around here in the Rockies. Problem is that it's still too warm and they are still hanging around up high.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Bigfwt04
Elder User
Got to find something bigger that the 140lb whitetails we have around here.
Wow, you need to come farther out west! At 140lbs you don't even need a gun, just wrestle him down and throw him in your truck box. J/k
BTW, it is awesome to see how friendly and down-home everyone is on this site...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
zx250
Originally Posted by That_Guy
Damn what time did he get to Concord? He left here about 3:30pm and was heading intot rush hour traffic..

Biscuits and gravy are my favorite..
Not sure, but had to be around 2-3 am. He knew I was getting off work at 7am and was up to meet me. Kinda worried about the next leg. He was going to push through and make it in tonight. I'm off to bed soon, so if some of you guys would call him every so ofter and make sure he's awake, I would appreciate it. I'll call later when I get up.
I didn't know you northern fellers knew what biscuits and gravy was. I know you don't know what liver mush and grits are. I could have ordered that, but figured Jim's stomach may not be able to handle watching me eat that.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just let me know when you're ready Barry

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 AM
zx250
Originally Posted by UP_There
Just let me know when you're ready Barry

Daammnn, that's what I'm talking about. We will have to talk 'bout next year....

Quick Reply: It has to be said....