Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Flagstaff Wrenches??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 PM
phydough
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flagstaff Wrenches??

My '02 5.4 has snapped several exhaust studs. Usually no problem but, health is keeping me from doing my own wrenching. No other wrench has ever touched my truck. What shops in Flagstaff are worthy of working on my trucks studs.... exhaust of course, pervert (you know who you are), don't even think of my truck like that. No hurry because my lovely wife is willing to put off getting it fixed for as long as possible. Poor thing sounds worse than a Honda with a Fart Can.........truck not wife.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Travis might know someone locally, if not you could drop it off at my shop (only 90 miles away) and I could change your studs.
Bart

Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
in Flagstaff I would say that Muffler Magic is the exhaust experts, not sure about the studs though......a VERY competent mechanic is Mark Fry (Fry's Automotive) He worked at the Ford Dealership for years, and is on his own now. Very honest, very good. I trust him with my stuff Tell him Travis Blalock sent you!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
phydough
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, sorry for not getting back sooner. Had to tear apart the steering column to fix the O/D wire after some med. tests today. Finally looked around and found no broken studs, the Y pipe weld is broken. Now I can rest easy that the heads won't be trashed by the shaking and rattling. I'll still get it to Muffler Magic one of these months if the wife doesn't get pulled over first. At least it sounds a little better as the crack opens up more.