Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Senior User

idfliers is starting off with a positive reputation.
BFG T/A KO's VS Kelly Safari AWR VS Wild Country RVT

Looking at the above type tires. actually am told that Kelly makes the wild country RVT, so basically between the Kelly and the BFG's. Price is about the same. Bfg's would run $515.96 and the Kelly's would be $504.00 for size 32x11.50x15. I haven't seen the full size tire from Kelly in person yet, only a skinnier version, and it looks like a decent tread. i just got back from looking at the BFG's at Costco in the right size, and they too look nice. Biggest fear is I keep hearing how terrible the BFG's are in the mud. Most of the time, it's just hiway driving, around town and on gravel/dirt roads, but there are times during hunting, where the trails get rather mucky. I don't want to go with the mud terrain tire for this truck. We get a decent amount of snow and ice around here as well. Anyone have experience with the Kelly tires at all???
Old 07-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Posting Guru

RBrendel is starting off with a positive reputation.

my buddy has those kelly tires and for the "mudding" we did i killed him, he tread gummed up before we even got there, the kelly's also dont have a 3 ply sidewall so you have a better chance of getting a flat with those. bfgs are way better, and look better too. (in my opinion)
Old 07-15-2002, 01:27 AM
Posting Guru

RBrendel is starting off with a positive reputation.

i actually have a brand new set of 32x11.5 all terrain kos. i bought them but i decided to get new rims and a bigger lift, im putting them on 15x10 inch rims and see what they look like, if they are too small im going to get 33's, so i will tell you if i sell them, i have about 1000 miles on them.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Senior User

idfliers is starting off with a positive reputation.

That would be great! Let me know.
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:30 AM
Post Fiend

MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels

Tags
32x115, 35, awr, country, kelly, makeswild, mud, reviews, rvt, safari, terrain, terrains, tires, truck, wild