Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
New User

gml79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Key Out, Still Chimes

Hi All, Just bought an 05 F-350, problem is even when the key is out, it still chimes and the auto-unlock feature still activates, i have done several different searches and even tried pulling out the ignition and covering the contacts with tape, but it still does same thing, not sure if whole ignition is maybe faulty, any one else have this problem? Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Return it to the seller....give HIM some grief!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Of the next Riffraff East

zx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant future
You might get lucky with a system reset. Unhook the batteries, turn the lights on to drain completly, turn everything off, hook back up and see. Might work, might not. Won't take long to try.
Pete's Filter Covers~ Roadside Help Network~ Riffraff Diesel Performance
Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
New User

Thanks, I will try this.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
12volts yellow (30A), lt grn/pur (30A) + ignition harness
Starter dk. green + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition red/lt. green + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory gray/yellow and red/black + ignition harness
Second Accessory dk. blue/lt. green + ignition harness
Keysense black/pink - ignition harness
Power Lock pink/yellow (w/o keyless) 5wi driver kick, door harness
Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the lock wire is white/red (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 3.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Power Unlock pink/lt. green (w/o keyless) 5wi driver kick, door harness
Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the unlock wire is black/white (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 2.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.

Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system refer to DirectFax document 1094.
Lock Motor pink/black 5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 1
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Unlock Motor red/orange 5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 7
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Parking Lights+ brown + switch or VSM, green plug, pin 2
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards same as turn signal wires
Turn Signal(L) lt grn/wht (F), lt grn/org (R) + turn signal switch
Turn Signal(R) wht/lt blu (F), org/lt blu (R) + turn signal switch
Reverse Light black/pink + back of fuse box, black 8 pin plug
Door Trigger use dome supervision wire
Dome Supervision black/lt. blue + pass kick or cluster, blu plg, pin26
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm N/A
Factory Alarm Disarm N/A
Disarm No Unlock N/A
Tachometer NOT red/lt green or red/yellow ac any ignition coil or fuel injector
Notes: On diesel vehicles the tach wire is lt. green/white in a 5 wire harness held up with white tape behind the parking brake release.
Wait to start see DirectFax document 1091
Brake Wire lt. green + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake lt. green/red - switch or cluster, blue plug, pin 18
Horn Trigger dk. blue - switch or VSM, green plug, pin 6
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

You can try cutting the keysense wire to eliminate the lock cylinder, if it still dings then you have an issue with the databus or body module.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
New User

No luck...but thanks for input
Old 11-17-2008, 06:30 PM
New User

Thanks ReAX, but I don't want to eliminate the key in chime altogether if possible, would rather fix underlying problem
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
You can repair it afterward, but it would identify where the problem lies (key cylinder or computer.) Mine actually pulled out of the plug pretty easily when I was tapping it for my alarm.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Post Fiend

Or you could probe it. It should be grounded when the key is in and have 12 (or there about when the key is out.) Use a DMM and not an ohm/volt meter or test light.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
it took me 3 months of head scratching to fix this exact problem on a 97 F150..
the multi function switch was bad.i did the whole key cylinder thing, even went as far as putting all new parts in the cylinder housing. still chimed. then the wipers would not park one day.

i put a new MFS in, and the chiming stopped working when it was not supposed to.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Senior User

vlietracer64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine has the same problem in my 04 F250, get key chime and auto-unlock when key is out, if i move the ignition cylinder the chime stops.. On the other hand sometimes i do not get a key chime with the key in the ignition. Dose not sound like you have the same problem, i think i have loose or bad contacts on the Key sense part of the ingnition cylinder.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Freshman User

05pstroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an '05 F-250 that was doing the same. I pulled out the cyllinder and their was a piece broken that is the ground that comes in contact with the key. I simply cut the wire and no more dinging. The auto unlock still occurs however, but I don't lock it from the inside, I use either my keypad or key fob.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
New User

Huntingtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 99 F250 has this problem, and according to the dealer the airbag clockspring needs to be replaced. They quoted me $300, and the part itself runs $120. Checker has the part for $80, so I am going to replace it myself since I can't live with it dinging anymore!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
New User

I figure out the problem on mine...The metal tab (sensor) was not staying in place once I put the ignition back in, I double checked everything and just ended up securing it in place with a zip tie, seems to work great now.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM