Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Freshman User

buckmeister2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post front bearing removal-94 f250 4x4

My truck has the standard (not "handling package") suspension. I would like to replace the front wheel bearings myself, but can't seem to get past the brake caliper removal. I can't see how the calipers are attached! En route to the bearings, I have removed the first nut inside the hub, which is kind of a spanner nut with four notches on it. I couldn't see what comes after that, but it didn't matter since I couldn't see how to remove the calipers!!! Help, please. The Haynes manual does little more than tell you "remove the calipers"...duh!! Please feel free to email your reply to me at jcargill@searchpros.net

thanks!
Jim
Old 08-01-2002, 12:19 AM
Senior User

Maxduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
front bearing removal-94 f250 4x4

To remove the caliper, remove the little bolt at the bottom of the caliper. Then, tap out the block and spring. The caliper will come out with a little coaxing. Now the hub. You have one spindle nut off, use a pick to remove lock washer and there is a second spindle nut to remove. Once it is out, the rotor/hub assy will pull off. Make sure to clean the spindle (still attached to the truck at this point) and put some grease on it. Replace your bearings and seals and reverse the disassy instructions. When I put my spindle nut/washer/nut back on, I turn the rotor as I tighten it. When it is snug ( the nut and the rotor) put the washer in and install the second nut. I like the rotors to be snug but not too tight. Make sure the washer tabs are bent to engage the flats of the nuts or they will back off with driving. Hope this helps you out.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Freshman User

rockin_in_ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
front bearing removal-94 f250 4x4

Old 08-01-2002, 12:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels

Tags
1978, 4x4, 94, 94f2504x4, bearing, bearings, bolts, caliper, f250, front, hub, installing, remove, rotor, seal