Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Roll Call for the the Counties around Smith Moutain Lake!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:00 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roll Call for the Counties around Smith Mountain Lake!!

Hey Guys and Gals, My Name is Russ, and I live out here in Franklin County about 5 miles from Smith Mountain Lake..and I want to find out who all may be in my neck of the woods....

Maybe we can all get together at a park or at the lake and Maybe BBQ..and bench race and have a couple of Cold one's and enjoy everyone's BS story and yack about are Trucks!!

And if your within a couple of counties from Franklin, Jump in and let us know who you are and where you live...

Thanks all,and remember this is your club!!

Russ

Last edited by RapidRuss; 09-19-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
BadHabitinVA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Campbell County here...East of Lynchburg.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:33 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well Welcome Badhabit..... Thats one on the rollcall list!! LOL..

Russ

Old 09-20-2005, 01:22 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Hi Russ, still here in NY might make it down to Stuart in a couple of weeks. Could bring down that F250 if you really wanted it..... George

Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Hi there George..LOL..on that F250..it is nice but still needs some work....I think he's just asking a little too much for it the way it is...But I'am sure someone will buy it? Its just too much for my blood for a stocker...

I am glad too see you checked in tho...We need some more guys/gals too check in around the area for kind of meet and greet and BS session?? Hopefully before the snow fly's...lol... Maybe get together and do some fishing out at the Lake?? Something!

Russ

Old 09-25-2005, 08:47 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Come On Guys and Gals..we need some check-ins !!!!

Russ

Old 09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Looks like there are only 3 of us. Just enough to fit on the tailgate for a party. Think I'll get back down there next week, if I can afford the gas.....

Old 09-25-2005, 10:34 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Yeah George we might have to start small..But hell any start is beter than nothing !! LOL...

I had a friend down at the lake that was going to let me use his back yard at the lake front for some burgers and have a couple of beers and do some fishing off his dock..and I got a call a few nights ago..that he's being shipped out oversea's and the realty company doesnt want anyone on the property!! BUMMER!! Cause I could have got at least a couple dozen people on his space of water front..So I'll keep looking anyway!!

But hell..what ever we can come up with and brag about might interest some other's in are neck of the woods.. I hope anyway!!

Russ

Old 09-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Violjohn78
Senior User
Montgomery County :-) Live in Christiansburg Got an 84 F150 Stepside w/300 4sp OD

Old 09-25-2005, 10:59 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well welcome John....Sounds like you have a nice Truck... I'am trying to get some Guys and Gals together for a day or so...out here by the lake..and you and yours are more than welcome... It wont be anything Fancy as this will be are first Meet and Greet...and probably a small one at that..But if you like to look at some of the others trucks and BS and Have a Dog..or a Burger and a Beer.. Or Root Beer..It doesnt matter...When I can figure out how many will come and ..where at the Lake to have it..Just let me know if you would be interested!!

Russ

Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Violjohn78
Senior User
I'd be interested, won't be free next weekend though. however, the weekend after (10/8) I don't have any plans set. either day of the weekend would work for me.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:50 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well John..I think some of the guys like your self..need to let me know whats good for you..Like you did..and George said in a couple weeks..So we all need to get together on this to make it happen... With us getting into the rainny season my time at the drags will be cut short..So..I'll also Have to see whats going on..But I will make it appoint that what ever is good for you guys to make it for that day..

Russ

Old 10-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Violjohn78
Senior User
So do other guys want to do something next weekend 10/8 ? Even if it's just 2-3 people it's ok, we don't have to go to a park, or anything special, i just think we need to get together. Russ, I'm good for 10/8 or 10/15 for doing something (that weekend not necessarily sat. Did you have something in mind as far as a get together? I mean even if it's just hanging out in a garage talking, it's great, it's always good to talk about our trucks.

John

Old 10-04-2005, 05:52 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well Thanks John for checking in....well there seems to be 4 of us now, Myself,Badhabit,George and you John... Well I wish for that small of group I had a garage to hang out in? LOL.. But with this place being an old farm house...they tore the barn down before I bought it...and I dont think you guys would be to happy drinkin beer in the old chicken coupe?? LOL..

Any suggestions ?? George,Badhabit,John....I'am open to whatever you guys would like to do...Just sitting around and having a few cold one's is fine with me..The way I figure it..2 or more makes a party anyway!! LOL..

Let me know what ya'll think..

Russ

Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Just wanted to stick my big nose in here, and say I'm proud that you guys have come this far with this! Keep on keepin' on

Quick Reply: Roll Call for the the Counties around Smith Moutain Lake!!