Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Senior User

tschmitt is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 1966 F100 Restoration

New member here but have been lurking around lately. I have this restore posted at another site as well but I decided to post it here too as I can use all the information from you guys as I can get along the way. Ok here's the story. I recently purchased this truck for $800 and the plan is to restore it to the way I want. The vin # I believe says that it originally had a 352 in it but im not sure if it still has the original engine. It is missing the radiator and a few other engine compartment parts. Th engine is unbloted from the mounts and the tranny. I plan on getting a crate engine, most likely a 302. I would also like to gets disc brakes for the front as well. I plan on doing a frame off restoration. It has an Arkansas title but has been in IL for last several years. There isnt any rust which cant easily be repaired and is solid all the way around. I will posting pictures and updates of my progress along the way. I appreciate any and all input/information from anybody willing to help. It is all greatly appreciated. Ok now for some pics and where im at now in the restoration process.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Senior User

Here it is still on the trailor from being towed home.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior User

Well im having trouble posting pics. All of my photos are on photobucket and I want them to display when the thread is opened. How can I do that? Sorry but I cant seem to figure it out.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker
Please use the User CP on the blue bar, edit gallery and load your photos there. Anyone can click your username and see your photos at any time, and you don't gum up the forum with huge photos that overspread the viewing field.

John
Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Postmaster

daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.
Life is good, welcome to the family of fellow Ford truck enthusiast!!

Nice find, like it.. does not look like there is any major rust issue that can not be repaired with some basic auto body repair skills. Would be interest on the trucks progress, Please keep posting progress.

Dave
65F100, 302ci, T18, swb, flareside,front disc. PS, Duraspark Ign.(Daily Driver)
65F100, 390ci, 3sp.OD, lwb, styleside, front disc., Duraspark Ign.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Senior User

tommyleea is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschmitt View Post
New member here but have been lurking around lately. I have this restore posted at another site as well but I decided to post it here too as I can use all the information from you guys as I can get along the way. Ok here's the story. I recently purchased this truck for $800 and the plan is to restore it to the way I want. The vin # I believe says that it originally had a 352 in it but im not sure if it still has the original engine. It is missing the radiator and a few other engine compartment parts. Th engine is unbloted from the mounts and the tranny. I plan on getting a crate engine, most likely a 302. I would also like to gets disc brakes for the front as well. I plan on doing a frame off restoration. It has an Arkansas title but has been in IL for last several years. There isnt any rust which cant easily be repaired and is solid all the way around. I will posting pictures and updates of my progress along the way. I appreciate any and all input/information from anybody willing to help. It is all greatly appreciated. Ok now for some pics and where im at now in the restoration process.
Right on time. I plan on starting my 66 this winter.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru

1977f150xlt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
she sure is a diamond in the rough! that will be a sweet truck when its done! and is that a short box? and if i am not mistake the tailgate is off a 67-72 truck? and 800 bucks sounds like a steal! and if ya want a great motor get a nice ford racing 302 or there new boss! and if ya want a tip on painting it, paint it tu tone, white and red are a great combo or even a light turquoise and white, the tu tone gives a nice retro feel and really looks nice with the sweeping lines on the sides! best of luck, and have fun! i am!

1977 Ford F-150 4x4 *1971*302w Transmission is a AOD T-Case is a NP205 Front Dana 44 3.50 Rear 9" Ford 3.50

Check out my Truck's Photo Album click here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5535267&type=1
Old 11-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Junior User

awfulaggravated is starting off with a positive reputation.
nice

great foundation to build from,congrats and welcome to da family
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome aboard; as others posted great Slick to restore; If you get achance post the vin numbers we can decode them; as well as axle & trans info; I also restored a 65 with an put in a 302 / C-6. Check it in my gallery if you like.

Mitch
57 F100 SWB 351C/FMX; (Big Window)
65 Flairside SWB "Wife truck" (300/AOD)
62 F100 SWB 302/C6 (orphan box) Old Skool build
Old 11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Senior User

Thanks for all the reply fellas. I'll we will be posting more pics in my gallery sometime soon to update my progress. The only VIN# I have so far is the one off the windshield. The one on the door is gone as are the ones in the dash box. I was told when the cab is off there should be one under the passenger side seat stamped in the frame so I will check there once I get the cab off. Here's the VIN off the windshield: F10YL886685. It has an Arkansas title and it is signed but not dated in 1994 and all it has on the back is the former owners printed name. Is their going to be any problems with having this title transfered over to me? I have never done this with an older truck so im not sure what to expect. Thanks for all the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customcab View Post
Welcome aboard; as others posted great Slick to restore; If you get achance post the vin numbers we can decode them; as well as axle & trans info; I also restored a 65 with an put in a 302 / C-6. Check it in my gallery if you like.

Mitch
You have a great looking truck their. The interior looks great. The bed looks vr nice as well, I plan on spraying mine with rhyno bedliner. About how much did you spend on the engine, tranny, etc...? I got a good estimate on how much its going to cost me on all the body work but trying to get a better estimate on the mechanical aspect.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Senior User

Been along time since I updated this thread. Ive made alot of progress so far so ive got plenty of pics. I'll post the progress up to the point im at now.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior User

Some interior shots after the carpet and bench seat were removed.

This the most damage on the cab. Gotta patch the floor panel and also part of the transmission tunnel.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Senior User

Let the deconstruction commence.

Got the engine,hood, fenders, and some misc parts taken off.

Both cab mounts are in great shape.

Got the front end almost completely disassembled along with the doors and transmission removed.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Senior User

Got the bed removed and shipped off to get sandblasted.

Getting started on removed all the old wiring in the cab and getting the steering column pulled.

Got the cab, front suspension, rear end, brake lines, etc removed.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1966, 66, bar, blue, camper, compartment, f100, ford, motor, pictures, restoration, sales, special, sway, tips, truck, white