Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Brush fire time - again

I guess this is one of the consequences of warm fall weather:

cbs2.com - Brush Fire Destroying Mansions In Montecito Area

Beautiful area with lots of high-dollar homes, 80 of which have been destroyed so far.

0% containment as of now, and it's going to get windy today.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
wow that is a bad one....did the major fires last year when there were 10 or so did they burn that many homes?
Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Yes - quite a few more,as I recall.

This one's not done - the count is up to around 100+ now.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
Those fires last year took out Whole neighborhoods leaves thousands of families w/o a place to live.
Friends in S.D. had to leave their home & stables in order to take their horses to the Fairgrounds so that they'd be safe.
The fire went up to their property line & stopped & changed direction thanks to the wind shifting as it does that time of day.
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 11-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
oh yeah thats right, i dont know what i was thinking about...maybe the fire in OC didnt burn much?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Elder User

dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.
Our daughter is helping staff the emergency command center there today. She was near Montecito when the fire broke out last night, and as she is a S.B. city employee, she gets some wierd assignments for an assistant to the Mayor & City Council!!

2001 Excursion XLT 2WD 7.3L PSD; 3.73 LS; 4" MBRP TurboBack W/5" Tip; MAC CAI; DP Tuner N/S; Stock; 60 Tow Altitude; 80 Economy; 120 Race; AutoMeter Pillar Gages; RAS, Linear Logic ScanGauge II
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Posting Guru

bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.
my sister goes to Westmont College and was evacuated when teh fire reached the campus, one dorm burnt down, not hers, and 14 buildings on campus burnt to the ground, most of them were faculty housing which was on campus. the students were evacuated and spent 13 hours in a shelter-in-place shelter unit which was their gym. however early friday morning both the power and water were comprimised and stopped working, they were telling students they were going to have to stay in the gym all weekend, so i drove up there went through a road block (it was just a few barriers, not manned by anyone, it was on the main road to the campus) and got her and two of her friends out...sometimes the officers make dumb decisions like not wanting to let the students out of a dangerous area. i went past the road block and when i was leaving with the girls an officer tried to stop me i told him i was getting my sisters and leaving he could arrest me if he wanted but im only getting people out of the area that is in trouble, he said i could leave.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla1879 View Post
my sister goes to Westmont College and was evacuated when teh fire reached the campus, one dorm burnt down, not hers, and 14 buildings on campus burnt to the ground, most of them were faculty housing which was on campus. the students were evacuated and spent 13 hours in a shelter-in-place shelter unit which was their gym. however early friday morning both the power and water were comprimised and stopped working, they were telling students they were going to have to stay in the gym all weekend, so i drove up there went through a road block (it was just a few barriers, not manned by anyone, it was on the main road to the campus) and got her and two of her friends out...sometimes the officers make dumb decisions like not wanting to let the students out of a dangerous area. i went past the road block and when i was leaving with the girls an officer tried to stop me i told him i was getting my sisters and leaving he could arrest me if he wanted but im only getting people out of the area that is in trouble, he said i could leave.
Wow. What is it with you and fire lately?lol

Way to take the initiative to insure your sister and her friends safety.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla1879 View Post

Good on you, mate, keep up the good work & give your sister a big hug for me.
I'd have done the same for my younger twin sisters, family all ways comes first.
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 11-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Posting Guru

wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.
And now we have a new one in Sylmar that is burning a whole mobile home park, and several other homes. We can't go north out of the L.A. area up the 5 as the 5, 14 interchange is closed as is the railroad and all surface roads so The 101 wil be very busy today.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Postmaster

The Great Northfield Raid held @ the Panorama Sportsmans Club was supposed to be this weekend, but L.A.F.D. closed the 210, 118 Fwys & Paxton Ave. this morning @ 0100hrs today.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Posting Guru

edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Driving home from Irvine today the 5 to the 57 had to exit the freeway since the 57 was closed.

Orange County PUL Member Photo Gallery - eds56 Album - Powered by PhotoPost

www.pickupslimited.com
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hey Ed - it looks like that thing is burning right thru Featherly Park - have you heard anything?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Saturday night

CAL FIRE Incident Information
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Posting Guru

edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I did here that. Not sure how much burned but it looks pretty bad.

www.pickupslimited.com
Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 PM