Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Favorite Engines

What's everyone's favorite engines. Mine are:

Gas burner: FE Ford - plenty of power, never heard one with a bad exhaust note, and somewhat decent economy for what they are

Diesel Burner: It's a tie between the old Detriots and an N-14 Cummins (for big trucks). The Detroits just sound cool. In pickups I'm going with the 5.9 Cummins.

-Jake

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Posting Guru

The_SnowMan710 has a good reputation on FTE.The_SnowMan710 has a good reputation on FTE.
hmmm... let me think about this a little bit...

ok, gas burner, for now the best i've had is my 300 I6. torquey engine, even at stock, plenty of aftermarket parts for it, and can be built to do things that most V8's can do, and at 2 less cylinders mind you! other than that (for gassers) i'd pick the 460. sure it's a fish, but u never feel the load behind you, no matter how big it is...

for diesels, i'm gonna go w/ the cummins 5.9 12 valve. wat can i say? i'm a sucker for 6 cylinders! next up after that is the 7.3 stroker!
'81 F-150:300 I6, .060" over, flat tops, Comp Cams 260h, Headman header, Clifford intake, 4spd 4x4...project truck
"I'm not trying to turn my 300 into something its not, I'm turning it into something the factory wouldn't let it be."

'03 F-150:4.6L V8, 5spd 4x4...daily driver
Nebraska Chapter Member
Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
I'm torn on the gas burners. It's between the 427 (side oiler) and the 428 cobra jet. Now, as far as diesel is concerned, I've only dealt with one. That would be my 6.0 Powerstroke, and I couldn't be happier!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
My favorite out of the several old pickups I've had is the 390. I'm not much of a motor-head though... as long as it runs decent, sounds good, and gets me from A to B without any problem, I'm a happy camper.

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Posting Guru

Bigredfan has a good reputation on FTE.Bigredfan has a good reputation on FTE.
well for me my favorite gas burner would be my 400 i had im my 77 SC, decent on fuel and towed like a dream.
diesel, with out a question, 12v 5.9 cummins, no comp necessary for those beasts
Old 11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
New User

horsenuts is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 351CJ that was in my '72 Mach I for sure. 4 bolt main with the 4V heads. I added a torker intake with a holley 600, cyclone headers, crane fireball cam, and an accell dual point. One hard running motor!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Senior User

Jeffery the first is starting off with a positive reputation.
my fav for a gasser would be a 4.9l i6 they got a lot of low end torqe and im into that stuff since im pulling chevys and dodges out of ditches and back to there houses lol ans i would have to say my other one witch i jjust bought yesterday is a 302 ive heard you can build those better than a 351 but not for sure then it would have to be a 12v or 24v cummins
Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter