Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
New User

fastshelby is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 psd need some help!

can anyone help i have a 99 f350 6speed diesel i was driving two days ago the service engine light come on and the truck shut off so i towed it home check all the norm like the fuel bowl was full filter was just done and still clean oil is good i can hear the fuel pump running i put a new cps from the ford dealer in it and the truck started up for about 20 sec and shut off if sits for a while it will start the same and shut down again i have another 99 f350 so i swaped the computers and still nothing but the other one runs either way i also checked all fuses and there good so im stuck any help!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
You might want to replace the I believe its called an ITP sensor? The injectors need 3500 PSI oil pressure to fire. There is an oil rail that holds 3500 psi and if the pressure isnt pressent or the computer isnt sensing pressure it wont run. I'm no expert but we have these at work, but I dont get involved with them much.

Kevin Bigwin
Old 11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
New User

thanks i'll try that
Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Posting Guru

84-250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Unplug the ICP sensor in the front of the drivers side head. Also, when it dies, how long do you have to wait before it'll start again? What happens if you try to start it right after it dies?

1984 F250 (RIP) PM me for parts
Old 11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
New User

it will just crank and crank and when i first get it to start if you try to hit the gas it don't rev up at all it just idle then shut off and after it's start's it won't start again for a couple of hours and seem's to start if you unhook the battery's i also have another 99 f350 so i've tested the computer and it's ok then i swaped the IDM'S and it worked in the running truck but didn't change anything in the non running truck anything i'm missing
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Posting Guru

84-250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Would be nice to have the codes?If your cranking after it dies: is there any smoke, any noises?Kinda sounds like the IPR orings have split. IPR oring kit is $20 but a pain to get at the IPR

1984 F250 (RIP) PM me for parts
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 PM
New User

i'm not sure on the smoke can't see if it is and i don't here any sounds someone told to check the injectors to see if the plugs on them melted or if the wires are split
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter