1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F250 Harley Davidson Wing Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:57 AM
zimsoundz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250 Harley Davidson Wing Mirror

Afternoon,

I have an F250 2004 Harley Davidson which i'm looking for a right hand wing mirror. A lorry went past and hit it on the motorway during some narrow lanes

Unfortunately being in the UK it's difficult to source parts so am looking for one over in the USA.

My problem is when i search they all list them as having a signal light. Maybe i'm reading this wrong, but i have 2 lights in mine.

1 - the turning signal light (what we call the indicator)
2 - an orange marker light that comes on when the headlights are switched on

Can anyone please tell me what the orignal part number is so I can look for it. Is there a ford part number database I can use online ?

This is one that i've found, but i'm unsure if it's got my light setup : Ford F250 F350 03 04 05 06 07 Power Heat MIRROR RH | eBay

The annoying thing is my mirror still works and moves around, only the bottom small mirror is broken along with the plastic casing.

Many thanks

Gordon

Old 12-17-2011, 09:11 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Well, I have good news...and I have bad news.

I have a 2003 King Ranch with the same mirror set up. I've just had the drivers side mirror replaced again. Bad news...they are not cheap.

First question, are you looking for the driver's or passenger side? You said right side but I need to know for sure...I might be able to help with the back cover. The small curved mirror is a different story...you'll probably have to order that from somewhere.

You say the plastic casing is broken...are you talking about the 'back cover' or the plastic 'shell' that everything fits into?

In my case, the orange cover over those LEDs keep getting hit and broken. Ford does not just sell that clear cover...I have to buy the entire back cover that comes with the clear cover...so I have a couple of spare back covers.

Is your back cover painted? The King Ranch is 'paint to match' the truck...so if I can help you, you're going to have to get somebody to paint it for you...mine is green.

Let me know...and if you can take a picture of the damage, that really helps us zero in on what you need.

Joe

Old 12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

he is in england silly!

Originally Posted by msgtg
Well, I have good news...and I have bad news.

I have a 2003 King Ranch with the same mirror set up. I've just had the drivers side mirror replaced again. Bad news...they are not cheap.

First question, are you looking for the driver's or passenger side? You said right side but I need to know for sure...I might be able to help with the back cover. The small curved mirror is a different story...you'll probably have to order that from somewhere.

You say the plastic casing is broken...are you talking about the 'back cover' or the plastic 'shell' that everything fits into?

In my case, the orange cover over those LEDs keep getting hit and broken. Ford does not just sell that clear cover...I have to buy the entire back cover that comes with the clear cover...so I have a couple of spare back covers.

Is your back cover painted? The King Ranch is 'paint to match' the truck...so if I can help you, you're going to have to get somebody to paint it for you...mine is green.

Let me know...and if you can take a picture of the damage, that really helps us zero in on what you need.

Joe
They drive on the wrong side in England, so driver and pass side would be different... He said right side... how can this be confusing?

Old 12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by PA-Mark
They drive on the wrong side in England, so driver and pass side would be different... He said right side... how can this be confusing?
Yes, I'm aware of that. Did he have his truck converted...probably not. Is he sitting in the truck or is he standing in front of it... Don't know...do I?

Joe

Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
zimsoundz
Senior User
Evening,

Thank you for the replies. To clear things up, my truck is imported from the USA and still left hand drive.

My broken mirror is on the right = passenger = starboard

Here are some photos to help explain what i'm asking :

This is what i'm calling my "marker light", not sure the proper name, it comes on when i switch on the headlights. (My roof lights also come on) :

Here you can see my "indicator", i.e when you signal to turn :

Youtube : Ford F-250 Wing Mirror Lights - YouTube

So from the above, can you tell me if this is normal for af F250 ? Which mirror do i need to buy ? Would the above link from ebay work ?

Many thanks

Gordon

Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Ok Gordon, The mirror listed on E-bay should work for you. The only thing you need to make sure of is that you get the smooth finish on the mirror cover so that you can paint to match. If you don't specify, you'll get this black pebbled surface that doesn't take paint well.

Once you get the mirror, you'll simply take the back cover off of the one on the truck now and unplug the harness, then loosen the three bolts that will hold the mirror to the door. To mount, you just reverse the process.

You should find other posts on here talking about replacing the "towing mirrors" and they have detailed install instructions.

Good Luck Pal.

Joe

Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 AM
zimsoundz
Senior User
Thanks for the reply.
Does this mean i have a normal mirror ? i.e. do they all have this "park light" and "turn signal light" ?

Cheers

Gordon

Old 12-18-2011, 01:43 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
No, some of them have no lights at all, and some have the lights but the back cover is a plain black plastic.

Yours is one of the high end mirrors with marker lights, turn signals, painted to match back, and heated mirrors.

Cheers,
Joe

Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
zimsoundz
Senior User
Thanks for the reply. I think it's the rain in the photo that make you think my mirror is painted, but it's just plastic.

I'll organise a mirror tomorrow

Joe - could you send me your email please - gordon{at}teamdumzim.co.uk

Thanks

G