Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Lets Get This Party Started!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets Get This Party Started!!!!!

Ok guys so what has everyone been up to!? Come on lets hear all about it!

Me personally I have been working, loving the low gas prices, working on my truck, and saving up money to drive back to SoCal to spend a couple weeks with my grandpa who is dieing of cancer, it's even worse now.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I've been working 6 9-10hour days a week, trying to get the money together to fix SOMETHING. I'm driving my wife's Jeep and hating it, that thing is such a pile. I can't believe how much work I've put into it to get it to be a driveable pile, but it just keeps finding new ways to **** me off.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Up at 3:30am,,,

Leave the house at 4:30am,,,

EMT classes on Monday and Thursday night,,,

Home between 8:30 and 10:00pm,,,

Eat, sleep and do it all again,,,

Thank GOD I only have to do this four days a week!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 PM
forddude05
More Turbo
It's been a tough month. Had tonsilitis a few days after the G2G, then the flu, then tonsilitis again, and now strep throat. All I have to say is this - I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Other than my problems fighting ailments from the cesspool of life, things have been pretty good.

Work's been slow, and the rain has been depressing. More rain means less business. The winter blues are setting in for sure.

I've been hoping to get my driver's seat fixed, but don't have the money right now to order a new seat track. Hopefully that will change soon... one of the guys at Les Schwab was like, " How do you drive with your seat totally rigged like that?" It's pretty sad when the tire guy makes fun of your truck.

Anyway, that's what's going on. So how is everybody else?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang, Jimmy!!!!!

Sure hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
forddude05
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Dang, Jimmy!!!!!

Sure hope you're feeling better soon!!!
Thanks Liz! I am feeling better, actually. The antibiotics have had time to work their magic and I'm pretty close to normal again. Throat's still a little sore, but at least I can drink a glass of water or eat some food. First time in like 2 days. At least I'm a big guy, so skipping a couple meals ain't gonna kill me!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Originally Posted by forddude05
Thanks Liz! I am feeling better, actually. The antibiotics have had time to work their magic and I'm pretty close to normal again. Throat's still a little sore, but at least I can drink a glass of water or eat some food. First time in like 2 days. At least I'm a big guy, so skipping a couple meals ain't gonna kill me!
glad to hear you're getting better man

Well my brake booster went out today in my truck and my starter locked up again so I think I am going to need to replace it soon as well. When I was starting to get ahead and be able to buy misc stuff this crap happens :-) oh well gotta love older trucks

Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
forddude05
More Turbo
Originally Posted by brentleedragon
When I was starting to get ahead and be able to buy misc stuff this crap happens :-) oh well gotta love older trucks
I have to admit, that's their allure. Truck (15+ years old) = money pit (See post #4; i.e: seat track)

The only exception to that rule is Tom. Hot Rod Diesels are money pits, no matter how old or new.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
BoyerCustomTruck
Junior User
Been working a lot. Install another BTS trans here real soon, done a bunch of FASS, turbo, rsk, south bend clutch installs lately.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to admit, that's their allure. Truck (15+ years old) = money pit (See post #4; i.e: seat track)

The only exception to that rule is Tom. Hot Rod Diesels are money pits, no matter how old or new.
Not many pits if buy the right parts the first time. I purchase parts from ^^^that BoyerGuy^^^the right parts.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
BoyerCustomTruck
Junior User
It depends on what you want to do with it. Diesel trucks have a significant advantage in terms of versatility over gassers. They do everything better You can tow ridiculous amounts of weight with them and still get great mileage. You can commute in them at better than 15mpg. You can run 11 second quarter miles all day long. You can haul the entire family. All with the SAME TRUCK on the SAME DAY! And depending on the motor in the truck, it can be done for less or the same as trying to build a 600 horse big block. The 09 powerstrokes are turning 550+ rwhp on the dyno with tunes and dpf deletes. With a decent reaction time thats low 12's WITH JUST TUNES! Its pretty insane.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:10 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe him Jimmy-and others, BCT knows what he is talking about.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
Let's see, China for 2 months home for a week, Pakistan for 3 weeks, home for 2 days St Croix for 2 weeks (14 hour days at an oil refinery) home for 12 days, Delh LA for 10 days, Houston for 2 days, home for 3 days, I'm back in St Croix for 30 days (2 seperate jobs at the same refinery as before) then I get to go back to Delhi and then to Martinez CA. I really am a glutton for punishment.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 AM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Originally Posted by Eric C.
Let's see, China for 2 months home for a week, Pakistan for 3 weeks, home for 2 days St Croix for 2 weeks (14 hour days at an oil refinery) home for 12 days, Delh LA for 10 days, Houston for 2 days, home for 3 days, I'm back in St Croix for 30 days (2 seperate jobs at the same refinery as before) then I get to go back to Delhi and
then to Martinez CA. I really am a glutton for punishment.

Ah Eric, that seems like living hell! THat is a lot of travel and busyness man. Kudos for you to be able to do it!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
It's ether I'm a good man or mighty stupid. But the wife is having a nice vacation down here.

I'm hoping to get a couple of days off some time during this trip though.

Quick Reply: Lets Get This Party Started!!!!!