Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM
New User

Chump is starting off with a positive reputation.
F 250 Bucket seats

Have a diesel 1999 F 250 Super Duty extended cab. Truck had the front bench seat. Installed bucket seats and console out of a 2005 F-250 SD. Everything fit good and my frame was predrilled from the factory for the bucket seats and console. I think it was a very good up grade, truck rides like a different vehicle.
Chump
Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Elder User

WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.
Congrats on the upgrade. I love my bucket seats in my 2005 - they're very comfortable on long trips. Ford definitely got these seats 100% right. You know it doesn't end there - next thing you'll be modifying everything!!

Welcome to FTE!!
2011 F350 Lariat Ultimate FX4 6.7L PS, H&S MiniMaxx Race Tuner, 4" FloPro Dual Exhaust w/23" Muffler, S&B Intake, H&S EGR Delete, Titan 50 Gal. Fuel Tank, Firestone Air Bags w/AirLift WirelessAIR. Over 100,000 miles!!
2013 CrossRoads Cruiser Patriot CF345RF
2010 Lincoln MKX Limited (Wife's)
Old 11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
New User

carolinachrissy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Took my new 2008 F250 down to the Nascar race in Atlanta a couple weeks ago towing a 35'5" trailer with the family and the dog.

We traded an Armada in for my great truck about a month ago, but being a short woman (5'1"), I'm definitely missing my adjustable brake petals and electric controls on the seat that allow me to move back from the steering wheel and allow my legs to have the ability to relax a little in driving long distances.

Is it typical for F250 to have pre-drilled holes for bucket seats? I'm wondering if a new seat is in order for future long haul situations. I wish I were more comfortable in my new truck. Didn't like it that only my toes were the strength behind the gas petal. I also don't like that my stomach is so much closer to the wheel than it used to be on the Armada.

Guess I could duct tape a couple bricks to the petals to bring them closer ;-)

-carolinachrissy
Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
New User

Where's a good place to look for bucket seats?

-carolinachrissy
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Senior User

firemanpat29 is starting off with a positive reputation.
sounds like you should have shopped around, my truck has the adjustable pedals. moved them one time , first day I had the truck, moved them all the way back and aint touched them since
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
New User

Yeah, you're right about that.

There's a whole long story there that I'd rather not revisit right now, but I've got a new truck that tow my new RV, so I'll adapt. Definitely "good" problems to have, if you ask me.

Guess I'll proceed with the bucket seat theory in the future to help the problem out some.

-carolinachrissy
Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Posting Guru

78bigbronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Chrissy - what kind of seats do you have now? I'm looking at getting an '09 built maybe next year and I usually go with the base model stuff but not sure about the seats.

In an XL is the optional cloth buckets the same as it would be for other models? I got to go sit in a few to decide, heck I probably dont care if its just the vinyl bench but I do plan on taking the family on long trips and keeping the truck for its life...

09 F-350 V10 4x4 6spd CC/8' ordered 5/26/09 delivered 7/6/09
99 F-150 V6 4x4 5spd RegCab/Short bed
78 Big Bronco 4x4 (a work in progress)
Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 AM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
Here is a potential solution...

YouTube - 5 ft. tall girl putting the clutch Pedal Extender on

Easy Rider Pedal Extenders Home

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 AM
New User

In response to 78bigbronco's post #7:

I've got cloth seats configured as 40-20-40, which would mean I'd be buying 2 buckets and a console, while loosing the middle seat.

Being a Girl Scout Teen Leader, having the ability to seat 8 in my old auto was great. Going from being able to seat 6 to 5 in my F250 will dampen my ability to get the girls to events/camping, etc., so I may replace the seats because of that.

In response to Furian's post #8:

This Forum is the BEST! I've gotten so much great information here that has helped so much!

When I saw that you were referring me to a You Tube video, I couldn't wait for a great laugh! I was happily surprised to see a tool that will solve my problem perfectly. Thank you very much! Now I won't need to buy the bucket seats and will now have to figure out how my 6'2" husband will be able to drive with my petal extenders attached whenever he needs the truck.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Posting Guru

wiingnut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I love my bucket seats in my trucks. They have been very comfortable on many trips
Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Freshman User

joesf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
seats

chump where did you get your bucket seats at i have been lookin for some for my 05 f250 for a long time. thanks
Old 11-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Posting Guru

Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Joe, check with your local salvage yard. They often are linked to other yards.
I plan to next week.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachrissy View Post
I've got cloth seats configured as 40-20-40, which would mean I'd be buying 2 buckets and a console, while loosing the middle seat.

Being a Girl Scout Teen Leader, having the ability to seat 8 in my old auto was great. Going from being able to seat 6 to 5 in my F250 will dampen my ability to get the girls to events/camping, etc., so I may replace the seats because of that.
With the 40/20/40 configuration you already have factory bucket seats. The only difference between yours and factory buckets is the 20 section becomes a console, the rest is the same.

A potential option is to install factory adjustable pedals...
Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Posting Guru

Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Really???
Well, my 40/20/40 is a poor excuse for bucket seat (minus the 20 of course).
I thought the KR (and others) had REAL buckets, like something comfortable on a 1k trip.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Junior User

adgunn is starting off with a positive reputation.
check out Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market its a good place to find junk yard parts...links to several junck yards
Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1973, 1996, 2000, 250, adapt, bucket, extenders, f250, factory, fit, ford, middle, pedal, seat, seats, truck