Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

what would new members like to do?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would new members like to do?

I am curious t know what NEW IL FTE members would like to see happen this year or next?
Post a response to any ideas you have or want to see address by your chapter leader, me!
I will work hard to set up some 09 chapter meetings!!!
let's get some organization and participation going !!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:15 PM
SHEFFBOY2
Freshman User
i'm pretty much a big fan of driving my truck through some sloppy mud whil trying to catch a buzz. i'm from right in the f'm middle of the state...about an hour north of springfield. we usually have a few mud bogs out here in the summer. we had one just 2 weeks ago that was tons of fun. 6 bands, and lots of mud. of course i left as soon as it started getting dark, i hate the cold. so what sort of events have been done in the past?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
murph77
Elder User
Any kind of gathering would be great. If it turns out to be some kind of mud run, I'll still show up (I'll have to park and watch, mine's a 2wd). Anything that could bring us all together would be great. Lets find a weekend this upcoming Spring when we can all get together and be Ford truck dorks! Post a suggestion, let's make it happen!

Murph.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Paulford8
Senior User
Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71
I am curious t know what NEW IL FTE members would like to see happen this year or next?
Post a response to any ideas you have or want to see address by your chapter leader, me!
I will work hard to set up some 09 chapter meetings!!!
let's get some organization and participation going !!!!
If we can find a place that would have us all..... We could take over a car cruise There is a club in Bloomington/Normal that hosts a monthly cruise-in. These are themed and sometimes the theme will be a truck theme...That being said every make a model is always welcome, but only the theme vehicles get judged. All that said their 2009 schedule is not out yet.

If we got enough people a location we could organize our own cruise...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unfortuneately with my work schedule i probably wouldnt get to attend much if anything , but me personally , i like to " cruise " and maybe a small show . if i had another 4x4 i'd say show me some mud !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I would like to get into the offroad scene this summer now that i have my first 4x4 but any meet would be fun.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 AM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
where and what would you like to do(go)?
I am def interested!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
The closest place i can find is "the cliffs" near marsille, il (sp) anybody been to this place?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Paulford8
Senior User
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
The closest place i can find is "the cliffs" near marsille, il (sp) anybody been to this place?
I believe "The Cliffs" is for small stuff only, the biggest being a CJ7. I have heard of guys taking full size trucks to the badlands Badlands Off Road Park - Indiana, 4x4, ATV, motorcycle riding, sand dunes, mud pits, rock crawling I would be game (for some mild trails that is...)

Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Paulford8
I believe "The Cliffs" is for small stuff only, the biggest being a CJ7. I have heard of guys taking full size trucks to the badlands Badlands Off Road Park - Indiana, 4x4, ATV, motorcycle riding, sand dunes, mud pits, rock crawling I would be game (for some mild trails that is...)
good info thanks..
I am looking to just play in the truck a little all the challenging stuf will be done on the bike. I would like to get a trip planned to badlands once my race schedual is set for the summer. im still not sure which series i am running.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Paulford8
Senior User
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
good info thanks..
I am looking to just play in the truck a little all the challenging stuf will be done on the bike. I would like to get a trip planned to badlands once my race schedual is set for the summer. im still not sure which series i am running.

I have not had a dirt bike in years..... I am probably to old and stiff now If we have a few Ford Truck owners that are interested I am game! There are a couple camp grounds near by, so I could pull the camper over leave my wife and kid there.... Perfect!! Or better yet I could leave the kid with grandparents, and have my wife come to take photos!

Old 02-22-2009, 12:43 PM
fulltime_79
Freshman User
here"s a possability, Starved Rock state park, Utica, Il welcomes cruises and the likes all year long. all that is required for groups of 25 or more is a call for the permit. I could check into this more if needed, plenty to do in the summer in this area, family wise , just my suggestion.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 PM
murph77
Elder User
Originally Posted by fulltime_79
here"s a possability, Starved Rock state park, Utica, Il welcomes cruises and the likes all year long. all that is required for groups of 25 or more is a call for the permit. I could check into this more if needed, plenty to do in the summer in this area, family wise , just my suggestion.
This sounds like fun. For those who don't know, the Sarved Rock area has some nice scenic roads to cruise. The park grounds also has a lodge, trails for hiking, and if I remember correctly a campground too. A lot of good possibilities here.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
I am working with a new member that lives close to me who may host a meet n greet this Spring/Summer athis home!!!
I am very open to having a monthly SAT/Sun afternoon event once the nice weather breaks.
You guys here need to just give me your input and I will get a tally on who approves and I encourage those that post here actually attend~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
murph77
Elder User
Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71
I am working with a new member that lives close to me who may host a meet n greet this Spring/Summer athis home!!!
I am very open to having a monthly SAT/Sun afternoon event once the nice weather breaks.
You guys here need to just give me your input and I will get a tally on who approves and I encourage those that post here actually attend~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's get the ball rolling!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what would new members like to do?