Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
what would new members like to do?

I am curious t know what NEW IL FTE members would like to see happen this year or next?
Post a response to any ideas you have or want to see address by your chapter leader, me!
I will work hard to set up some 09 chapter meetings!!!
let's get some organization and participation going !!!!
02 F-350 lariat srw,supercab longbed 4x4 FX4
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 11-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Freshman User

SHEFFBOY2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i'm pretty much a big fan of driving my truck through some sloppy mud whil trying to catch a buzz. i'm from right in the f'm middle of the state...about an hour north of springfield. we usually have a few mud bogs out here in the summer. we had one just 2 weeks ago that was tons of fun. 6 bands, and lots of mud. of course i left as soon as it started getting dark, i hate the cold. so what sort of events have been done in the past?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Elder User

murph77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any kind of gathering would be great. If it turns out to be some kind of mud run, I'll still show up (I'll have to park and watch, mine's a 2wd). Anything that could bring us all together would be great. Lets find a weekend this upcoming Spring when we can all get together and be Ford truck dorks! Post a suggestion, let's make it happen!

Murph.

'66 F100 Custom Cab
300, BW T18 4 speed
Old 01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Senior User

Paulford8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71 View Post
I am curious t know what NEW IL FTE members would like to see happen this year or next?
Post a response to any ideas you have or want to see address by your chapter leader, me!
I will work hard to set up some 09 chapter meetings!!!
let's get some organization and participation going !!!!
If we can find a place that would have us all..... We could take over a car cruise There is a club in Bloomington/Normal that hosts a monthly cruise-in. These are themed and sometimes the theme will be a truck theme...That being said every make a model is always welcome, but only the theme vehicles get judged. All that said their 2009 schedule is not out yet.

If we got enough people a location we could organize our own cruise...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
unfortuneately with my work schedule i probably wouldnt get to attend much if anything , but me personally , i like to " cruise " and maybe a small show . if i had another 4x4 i'd say show me some mud !!!!!!!!!!!!
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Senior User

brandon_oma#692 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would like to get into the offroad scene this summer now that i have my first 4x4 but any meet would be fun.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
where and what would you like to do(go)?
I am def interested!
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Senior User

The closest place i can find is "the cliffs" near marsille, il (sp) anybody been to this place?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
The closest place i can find is "the cliffs" near marsille, il (sp) anybody been to this place?
I believe "The Cliffs" is for small stuff only, the biggest being a CJ7. I have heard of guys taking full size trucks to the badlands Badlands Off Road Park - Indiana, 4x4, ATV, motorcycle riding, sand dunes, mud pits, rock crawling I would be game (for some mild trails that is...)
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulford8 View Post
I believe "The Cliffs" is for small stuff only, the biggest being a CJ7. I have heard of guys taking full size trucks to the badlands Badlands Off Road Park - Indiana, 4x4, ATV, motorcycle riding, sand dunes, mud pits, rock crawling I would be game (for some mild trails that is...)
good info thanks..
I am looking to just play in the truck a little all the challenging stuf will be done on the bike. I would like to get a trip planned to badlands once my race schedual is set for the summer. im still not sure which series i am running.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
good info thanks..
I am looking to just play in the truck a little all the challenging stuf will be done on the bike. I would like to get a trip planned to badlands once my race schedual is set for the summer. im still not sure which series i am running.

I have not had a dirt bike in years..... I am probably to old and stiff now If we have a few Ford Truck owners that are interested I am game! There are a couple camp grounds near by, so I could pull the camper over leave my wife and kid there.... Perfect!! Or better yet I could leave the kid with grandparents, and have my wife come to take photos!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Freshman User

fulltime_79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
here"s a possability, Starved Rock state park, Utica, Il welcomes cruises and the likes all year long. all that is required for groups of 25 or more is a call for the permit. I could check into this more if needed, plenty to do in the summer in this area, family wise , just my suggestion.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime_79 View Post
here"s a possability, Starved Rock state park, Utica, Il welcomes cruises and the likes all year long. all that is required for groups of 25 or more is a call for the permit. I could check into this more if needed, plenty to do in the summer in this area, family wise , just my suggestion.
This sounds like fun. For those who don't know, the Sarved Rock area has some nice scenic roads to cruise. The park grounds also has a lodge, trails for hiking, and if I remember correctly a campground too. A lot of good possibilities here.

'66 F100 Custom Cab
300, BW T18 4 speed
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Postmaster

I am working with a new member that lives close to me who may host a meet n greet this Spring/Summer athis home!!!
I am very open to having a monthly SAT/Sun afternoon event once the nice weather breaks.
You guys here need to just give me your input and I will get a tally on who approves and I encourage those that post here actually attend~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71 View Post
I am working with a new member that lives close to me who may host a meet n greet this Spring/Summer athis home!!!
I am very open to having a monthly SAT/Sun afternoon event once the nice weather breaks.
You guys here need to just give me your input and I will get a tally on who approves and I encourage those that post here actually attend~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's get the ball rolling!

'66 F100 Custom Cab
300, BW T18 4 speed
Old 02-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter