6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Dealership damaged my 08, in shock..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership damaged my 08, in shock..

Ive posted about part of my problem with my local dealer before, but to follow up on what they have now pulled is unbelievable. My '08 CC F-250 Job #1 developed a radiator leak at 25850 miles and I had it in for replacement. After they replaced my radiator, they didnt top off the transmission, and it ended up being driven by me, thinking things were ok since I just got it back from the dealer, for 800 miles with the fluid level being 3.5 quarts low before I realized it. It had been shifting funny, but when I called the dealership, they told me the transmission was just relearning its shift points and that it would return to normal eventually. When I got back from hauling a car to Wisconsin, i'm in TN, I took it back to the dealer and had them come out and check the fluid, and it was 3.5 quarts low. Hold on, it gets worse. While it was in for the radiaror repair, they backed it into a concrete pole and dented my bumper. They admitted their mistake after I brought it to their attention, and scheduled a date for them to replace the bumper. When I took it in, Monday 10-27-08, by Friday they had still not called me about it. So I called and they said they were waiting on a new 7/4 wire plug as mine had a short. A little while later the Service advisor calls and says that Ford had changed the bumpers, and that the new ones dont have a hole in them and he would have to order a new pad for it. So I wait, and they dont call by the weekend so I go by late Saturday, and there my truck is, sitting outside, unlocked, with the new bumper AND pad......... but they werent Ford parts. They were aftermarket parts. It was a cheap @#* bumper with no contoured reinforced bar running across the length of the bumper, and the reason he had to order a new pad was because mine wouldnt fit. Apparently this bumper is so cheap, it wont support a hitch, so they dont put a hole in it. Not that I would use it, but still, my truck is less than 9 months old, and they put a cheap aftermarket bumper and pad on it!! Im still fuming. According to this website Genuine Ford and Lincoln Mercury Parts & Service – Collision Repair Ford itself says they NEVER use or advise the use of aftermarket parts. Guys I need some moral support here. Im going down there tomorrow and need some advice on what some of you would do to the Service Advisor if he did this to you. ( Not physical, just verbal). Thanks

Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Champ198
Elder User
Warranty on aftermarket parts?

Don't roll over and walk away for sure.

I might call up Ford customer assistance first and see what they have to say. I'd do this before going to the dealer. If I were you, I'd document everything and you need photos, names, dates, etc. Take photos of a new Ford truck bumper and the one on your truck.

Ask Ford customer service how can Ford will warranty the bumper, hitch, RV plug, whatever if they're not Ford parts? I'd let them know that their own dealer doesnt' think enough of their customers to put OEM parts back on. If there is a failure of a part and you're only option is another dealer, you're outta luck.

Sounds like they're goin' cheap on you brother. Stay with this one and let them know they have one week to put it back like new or you'll have to get some other folks involved. Also, remind them that Ford may send you a survey for which you will add your feedback of how they treat you.

I wish you the best and keep us posted. If things aren't working out, post the name of the dealer on here. We need to know who these guys are so it may help someone else in the future.

Good luck!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Thanks for the advice. As a follow up, I did contact Ford Customer Relations and Customer Assistance, and both told me they couldnt help me as they only warranty parts or get involved if its a problem with a part that leaves their factory. Since the dealer damaged the part, theres nothing they can do. I was shocked. The dealer is Alexander Ford 1550 N. W. Broad Street Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (615) 893-4121. Does anyone know how to find out who the regional manager is? Also, Ford told me all their dealers are franchises and they cant get involved. When I asked them how they could license, train, and allow this dealership to work on their vehicles in such a reckless manner and they basically must have been reading from a cue card as they kept saying they dont get involved in problems with dealerships, only problems with factory parts if they leave the manufacturing plant with a flaw. Totally shocked, I am.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Man, I hate to hear this. But I am glad that you gave us the name of the dealership. I live on the other end of TN(northeast). I have been in contact with Alexander Ford because they offer a discount to TN farmers co-op members. I guess I won't be fooling with them now.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:38 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Most definitely, pass the word. Not to dog them, but the first time I took my truck in for an electrical problem, they punctured a hole in the drivers side leather seat, which they also admitted to, finding out that the mechanic had a screwdriver in his pocket. Stay away from these guys. They are reckless and youll get non OEM parts if they screw up.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 PM
pyro2nite
Senior User
What about the tranny? Towing with 3.5 qts low is not good on the trans. That will cause future problems. That is something Ford should listen to. Good luck

Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately being the issue you have (the bumper) is not related to sales or warranty there is not much that Ford nor the regional manager can do to help you. This issue is really between you, the dealer and the dealers insurance company. I would simply insist/demand that they order and install the correct OE bumper...

Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 PM
ssharber
Tuned
The tranny didnt slip any, at least not that I could tell. They have so far refused to drop the pan and even LOOK at the internals. Im still working on that one. As far as the bumper, I would think a regional manager might be of SOME help as he would realize the bad publicity of this plus the fact that if I run into a problem in the future, the parts arent factory and therefore wouldnt be covered, as Champ 198 so put it. Thanks guys.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
ssharber... Do you have a email that I can contact you at? You do not have enough posts to receive PM's and it says that you do not wish to receive emails...

Old 11-02-2008, 10:55 PM
ssharber
Tuned
my option has been changed PowerStroke........ email me. Thanks

Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Check your email ssharber...

Old 11-02-2008, 11:13 PM
ssharber
Tuned
i think i have it fixed now. thanks for the info.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Thanks. I tried replying to your email but it tells me I dont have those priveledges. Not sure why but I certainly appreciate the picture of your truck. Its very cool and I appreciate your help.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Check your e-mail again ssharber...

Old 11-02-2008, 11:55 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Thanks PS, check yours too.

Quick Reply: Dealership damaged my 08, in shock..