38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Click Here

38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 11-09-2002, 07:10 PM
MrRottnDog's Avatar
MrRottnDog MrRottnDog is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL. USA
Posts: 1,194
MrRottnDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Nov-02 AT 07:15 PM (EST)]>My friend just put Nitto Terra-Grapplers on his truck they
>are a nice tire. He got the 33x13.00R18 on Weld Moutain
>Crushers they look sweet. Nitto also has some new sizes
>available like a 35x14 and 37x14. They are alot more
>aggresive than they look and ride quiet and smooth on the
>road. Just me opinion.

How do you like your Mickeys? How close are they to actually being 39.5?
By the way.. Your Rig Looks Great!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-10-2002, 01:31 AM
TLindquist's Avatar
TLindquist TLindquist is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Denair, California
Posts: 162
TLindquist is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

Thank for the complement! They truly are 39" and I love them. They're quiet on the hiway and handle good, meaning they don't pull me left and right, they wear good. The only bad thing is that they're 18" wide, cant turn too sharp or they hit the sring pack, plus it would help if I had them on 12" or 14" wide wheels.
I just bought a 2000 Expedition EB for my wife fully loaded with all the bells and whistles, after seeing your Excursion I wish I could have talked her into that, she was already worried that the Exp was too big and she would have a hard time manuvering it around, I tell you what that thing turns GOOD!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-10-2002, 04:40 AM
MrRottnDog's Avatar
MrRottnDog MrRottnDog is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL. USA
Posts: 1,194
MrRottnDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

>Thank for the complement! They truly are 39" and I love
>them. They're quiet on the hiway and handle good, meaning
>they don't pull me left and right, they wear good. The only
>bad thing is that they're 18" wide, cant turn too sharp or
>they hit the sring pack, plus it would help if I had them on
>12" or 14" wide wheels.
>I just bought a 2000 Expedition EB for my wife fully loaded
>with all the bells and whistles, after seeing your Excursion
>I wish I could have talked her into that, she was already
>worried that the Exp was too big and she would have a hard
>time manuvering it around, I tell you what that thing turns
>GOOD!

Yeah! That's pushin it with the 10" wide rims! I plan on getting rid of the fabtech 5 1/2" lift this winter and either go with the Edge 10 1/2" (in December their suppose to offer a 12 1/2") or possibly a custom 4link with fast bags. Depends on how much cash I can come up with.
My wife has a 2002 explorer (she's afraid to drive my excursion). She loves the explorer and it also handles well. But after all it's not much more than a station wagon re-born!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Yeti's Avatar
Yeti Yeti is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: IN FRONT OF YOU
Posts: 5,438
Yeti is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

>I have the 36/14.50R/16 PJ's on 16X10 Weld Stone Cruchers.
>They have a little over 2k on them and look great. I do plan
>on going bigger after Christmas and will be selling them.

Dog, what are you up to now!?!

I just threw my 38's on and they fit no problem, thought that was weird, so I called Superlift and had them check my part numbers, and now their telling me they sent me 8" lift? or at least they think so, because form what they say, there is no way a 38x15 swamper will fit with a 6" lift.

So now I am undecided if I'm gonna run my bodylift or not.
In the spring, when I put the summer tires on, I guess I will decide.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-10-2002, 12:57 PM
fordmaniac21's Avatar
fordmaniac21 fordmaniac21 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Golden ,CO USA
Posts: 718
fordmaniac21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

just a word of advice on superlifts lift chart. it also says that you need at least a 3 inch lift to fit 33x12.5 tires on a 80-96 f-150. this is not true. u can fit em with the stack suspension no problem. so i would asume that u could fit a tire 2 inches largeer in diameter on all there lifts. untill i bout my new 35s, i was running 38 inch tsl,s on my truck with 4 inches of lift with no problems. just my 2 cents.
'75 F-100 4x4, 4" lift
35x15.5x15 super swamper TSL/SX
mini-spooled 9" rear end
390 w/ cam,headers,
and 4 barrell edelbrock

TRIED TRUE and FORD BLUE

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-10-2002, 10:56 PM
MrRottnDog's Avatar
MrRottnDog MrRottnDog is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL. USA
Posts: 1,194
MrRottnDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

>>I have the 36/14.50R/16 PJ's on 16X10 Weld Stone Cruchers.
>>They have a little over 2k on them and look great. I do plan
>>on going bigger after Christmas and will be selling them.
>
>Dog, what are you up to now!?!
>
>I just threw my 38's on and they fit no problem, thought
>that was weird, so I called Superlift and had them check my
>part numbers, and now their telling me they sent me 8" lift?
>or at least they think so, because form what they say, there
>is no way a 38x15 swamper will fit with a 6" lift.
>
>So now I am undecided if I'm gonna run my bodylift or not.
>In the spring, when I put the summer tires on, I guess I
>will decide.

Just checked out the pic of your rig with the new swampers on. They Look Great!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-11-2002, 07:50 AM
Yeti's Avatar
Yeti Yeti is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: IN FRONT OF YOU
Posts: 5,438
Yeti is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

I don't know, kind of undecided, think I should put the extra 3 in?
I'm not sure if it looks like it's squating on the tires or not.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-11-2002, 01:56 PM
MrRottnDog's Avatar
MrRottnDog MrRottnDog is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL. USA
Posts: 1,194
MrRottnDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

>I don't know, kind of undecided, think I should put the
>extra 3 in?
>I'm not sure if it looks like it's squating on the tires or
>not.

I don't know... It looks Good to me!
The extra 3" may make the tires look to small. :-(
Although you'll be able to use the extra 3" when you go to 44's!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-11-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeti's Avatar
Yeti Yeti is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: IN FRONT OF YOU
Posts: 5,438
Yeti is starting off with a positive reputation.
38.5 in. Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Nov-02 AT 08:29 PM (EST)]>Although you'll be able to use the extra 3" when you go to
>44's!


Good point!!!

I'm kinda thinking the nerf bars make it look smaller than it is.
I don't know...maybe I'll get rid of them and get into some kodiaks.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Actual Tire Sizes 79F250isalive! 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 4 02-22-2015 05:25 PM
'86 F250- Old school newbie needs some help BRay09 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 10 04-12-2011 10:32 AM
ground hawgs 81f150on40s Offroad & 4x4 19 07-13-2004 10:28 AM
boggers vs. iroc's vs gumbo mudders superswamper Offroad & 4x4 14 01-30-2004 12:58 PM
38.5 Ground Hawgs vs. Gumbo Mudders chadrock Offroad & 4x4 5 02-22-2002 10:12 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Tags
35x155x15, 38, 40, fit, ford, ground, groundhawgs, gumbo, hawg, hawgs, inch, mudders, rim, super, tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.