Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Senior User

WhiteEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for Tonneau input

Are any of you using the Rugged Cover triple fold tonneau cover? It looks pretty sturdy to me, but I'd love to have some feedback from folks that have used one.

I carry a large slide-in truck camper and cannot have any brackets or clamps left on the truck after the tonneau is removed, and the Rugged Cover meets that criteria. There are a few other competing models, but they are considerably more expensive.

Thanks.
'00 Excursion White (White Ex) sold.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Posting Guru

nitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to behold
i'm using the ford factory soft tonneau cover, there are 4 clamps that hold each side rail on. its takes 10-15 minutes tops to remove or install so i can load my truck camper. generally i don't find myself switching back and forth real often. once the camper is on it mostly stays on unless i need it off, of course it helps that it not really my daily driver at the moment. if i was loading the camper every weekend it would be kind of tedious to remove the tonneau.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Posting Guru

mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have an agri soft cover which roles up. the rails dont need to be removed to put in a camper. I am really happy with it, and its 4 years old, it has seen 80,000 Km and temps from -49 C to +43 C. Also, its waterproof enough to put soft luggage in the back and not worry about it, but roles up to load the truck. the rails would not interfere with a camper...
27 ' Jayco Jayflight TT
(old Truck, sold at 132,000 Km, 2000 F350 S/C 5.4/4 sp Auto XLT 4.10s )
Old 10-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Senior User

Thanks Nitrogen and MHoefer. I didn't know Ford offered one, I will check that out along with the one from Agri.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Elder User

WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.WildWildWest has a great reputation on FTE.
Also check out the Truxedo LoPro QT, fast release rails and fully removable roll up cover - I've had it on my last truck and this one and I love it. Quality cover, good seal, and easy to remove or reinstall the cover and rails if necessary in about 3 minutes (all clamp on).
2011 F350 Lariat Ultimate FX4 6.7L PS, H&S MiniMaxx Race Tuner, 4" FloPro Dual Exhaust w/23" Muffler, S&B Intake, H&S EGR Delete, Titan 50 Gal. Fuel Tank, Firestone Air Bags w/AirLift WirelessAIR. Over 110,000 miles!!
2013 CrossRoads Cruiser Patriot CF345RF
2010 Lincoln MKX Limited (Wife's)
Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Posting Guru

thedaddycat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the Extang RT soft roll up cover that fits with a tool box. Clamp rails like the others, easy on or off. I think that it's pretty good and reasonably priced, velcro sides hold the cover down, cross bars roll up with the cover.
TAG, Power Elbow, Blisteins, gages, MBRP 4" Turbo-back
XCal2 by SDT, HFCM drain, Centrimatic balancers
ESP luber, Oilguard bypass filter
Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 AM
New User

whiles is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
i'm using the ford factory soft tonneau cover, there are 4 clamps that hold each side rail on. its takes 10-15 minutes tops to remove or install so i can load my truck camper. generally i don't find myself switching back and forth real often. once the camper is on it mostly stays on unless i need it off, of course it helps that it not really my daily driver at the moment. if i was loading the camper every weekend it would be kind of tedious to remove the tonneau.
I bought the Factory Tonneau cover for my 2003 F250. I previously had a different truck with a tonneau cover that had a similar mounting style with clamps and rails, and I guess I got spoiled. The Ford cover cannot be taken off without taking off the rails and in the winter the ribs will collapse under the weight of snow so I have to take it off.

So, after doing a good bit of research, I rolled up the Ford cover and put it in the trash pile and bought the BakFlip HD G2 from RealTruck.com. The entire cover can be taken off without removing the rails and the rails are held on by 6 clamps just like the Ford cover.

If anyone has a F250 in the Northern VA area and wants the Ford cover, drop me a line to wsh (at) sprintmail.com. You can come get it for free.

Scott
Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Senior User

Whiles- I have sent you an email.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
bed, cover, gold, pueblo, truck, white