Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Freshman User

subaruguy72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Who Here in Oregon hunts..?

Hey All, in an effort to get continued hits and conversations going in the Oregon Forum area I thought I'd throw this out there..?

I am an Avid Bow and Rifle hunter....I buy a sports Pack most every year and split my time between Bow and Rifle....

This year I was Lucky enough to kill a nice 4x4 Mullie opening weekend over near Baker City. I missed a Nice Forked Spike Bull the next day...
Then 2 wks later killed a very nice 4 yr old Cow Elk....

Now I am hunting Bear And running my Wife and Son around With their Rifle Tags the last few Weeks of Rifle Season. I hope the rain comes as they say...this weekend should Be very productive.....

Then My last hunt will be taking my Wife over in the Coast range for a late Bull Hunt in November...

Good luck to all you other hunters here on the Board...

Be Safe and Have Fun....

John and Crew in Eugene.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
I still hunt some..........Killed a nice 4 point muley off the front porch opening morning I don't Elk hunt anymore tho, but have friends that do, and get my share of meat from them

We sell the hunting rights on our 3,000 acres every year to a guy that brings in "trophy" hunters for the BIG bucks we have here. They bagged a 6 point this year that was 33"! Works out for me, they pay $10,000/ gun (X2) for the chance to bag a "big-one"...................

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Freshman User

subaruguy72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Right On.....

Be carefull About those Big Game Hunters...

My Ex was seeing a Guy 2 yrs ago who was doing something similar...He and 5 others were Taking Large groups of 5-10 guys out For Trophy Antelope and Mully Hunts...For Big money
All were out of State Hunters And they were all hunting on Local tags. And to top it off over half the time they were using one tag over and over again...??? Got away with it for 3 yrs before someone was smart enough to figure it out...? They are all Doing time now..... You may have even heard about it on the News....The State Cops and ODFW did a big Sting operation to nail them all....6 guys and 28 Felony counts against them.

Got any pics of the 6x..?
I'll have to round up mine...I think they are still in the camera
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Senior User

Lumpy87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not as much as I used to. Still like to spend a week or so at elk camp every fall. Not fit enough to drive out those canyons anymore, though.

I was raised to be more of a subsistence hunter than a trophy hunter, although I do have a few decent racks lying around in the shed. Branch deer and elk in full rut aren't exactly the tenderest, tastiest animals and like they say, "Ya can't eat horns".

I like to get out and do a little sit down duck and goose hunting now and then. Used to love pheasant hunting but both me and my dog are too out of shape.
87' F-150 XLT Lariet 4X4, new 5.0L w/ aggresive cam, 4 speed manual trans, 33" Hankook M/T's, Tuff Country 6" lift with ext. radius arms, Hooker long tube headers, Ford Racing MAF conversion, MSD Blaster coil and MSD 6A, K&N drop-in filter.

JVC Arsenal head unit, Kenwood KAC-7025 1000W amp running 2 Pioneer 10" subs, Kenwood KAC-8405 600W running 4 Pioneer 100W 4" speakers, Sony XPlod 6" door speakers.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
No luck last year on deer or elk, but 09 is new year. Hoping to do some varmint shooting this spring, Fall is too busy, I dont know whether to hunt or salmon fish. Like to bust a few pheasants or chukars too, but my lab is 13 and too tired to hunt anymore.
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Post Fiend

cartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to all
I bow and rifle hunt. Started out with rifle, but the last 5 years has been bow hunting since its during summer and I'm in college. I usually go in WW unit above Jubilee Lake and down just east of Ukiah.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
I bow and rifle hunt. Started out with rifle, but the last 5 years has been bow hunting since its during summer and I'm in college. I usually go in WW unit above Jubilee Lake and down just east of Ukiah.
I've spent the last 30+ years in the Tollgate area. Killed the biggest elk I've ever seen on MacIntire Ridge, and a HUGE bear at Table Mountain! Love that area.............

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 AM
New User

J Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just moved to the coast area so havent had a chance to hunt over here yet. Though in the past years I have hunted most of the central OR area..with moderate results, nothing huge though. My buddies are wanting me to get into bow hunting too, just havent done it yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Senior User

Gmcbuffalo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also Bow and Rifle hunt. I got a spike Elk this year with my bow. Also got a nice steelhead out of the Wilson Saturday. I have gotten a two bears one with a rifle and the other with my bow.
GregM
Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter