1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 PM
martyorange
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello from delaware

hello from delaware, I just got a 2014 f-250 and glad to be here. Also own a 77 bronco

Old 06-30-2014, 09:46 PM
bamarv
New User
Bamarv new member intro

Hi Bruce from Jersey . Jump aboard just the other day . My connection to the site , 2001 E-350 super duty dually . 10' utility body with dog house . At present 165,000 miles . Old girl needs some help so here I am . Picked her up brand new late 2001 . Daily driver for work some times just for fun .

Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I just traded my beloved F150, I have been on the forum several months, just New to the Super Duty. Just purchased a 2014 F250 Platinum, 6.7 PSD (it's a beast!!) Will post some pics tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:39 AM
TWONY
Junior User
My name is Anthony aka Twony aka Tony or whatever nick name my fellow car guys throw my way. I am 31 year old father of two boys (3&1). I have a 64 F100 Step Side Dual spare tires, 292 three on the tree bone stock besides the two barrel Holley. It was my grandfather's truck bought NEW by him. It has documented 212k miles. I hope to use it to tow my old 71 Super Beetle around during the final days of it resto. This truck is a good daily, I did do brakes and fuel lines, a good detail with new tires to get it where it is but at least I can drive it with confidence now. I hope to lower it and change the rear to get a little more highway speed out of it. I drive it to work some days and can't really go faster than 55 with out the RPM's going up toward 4k. Sorry for my wordy intro, hope to see some of yall around Delco PA car shows every Friday night during the summer. DiAntonio's in W/C is the best around and promoting the vintage car bussiness.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
krazybones
New User
Hello everyone...

been lurking for quite some time, but just technically joined today. Bad excuse but have not had any issues with my truck until now as to needing a log in to ask for help. (Good thing)

I have a 2010 Fx4 Super Crew. Only mods are the OEM Blacked out Headlight and tail lights, then Raptor Wheels.

My main hobbies are Family (3 kids), wife and my 67 Chevelle (Love all muscle cars and classics). Live in Michigan north of the D.

Main site I frequent is Redirect

Hope I am welcomed here... I already know there is a wealth of knowledge and great people that frequent this site!!!

Best regards Matt

Old 07-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Tdeco
New User
Greetings All. I'm as new as a newbie can be! Just acquired a low mileage beautiful 1988 F-250 Lariat from a recently passed on friend and Ford enthusiast. Looking to learn from the many years of experience that FTE has. I was a teenager in the mid 60's, so that should tell you my....round about age! I've had a few trucks in my life, all Fords! The women love a nice clean old relic that's in good shape....still talking about trucks ! I've run into a few troubles with this thing and I'll post about them as time permits. Nice to be around Ford Truck Fans. Thanks for the time.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Tdeco
New User
I guess I need to be more educated in the terms when it comes to the types of trucks. I have a 1988 F-250 Lariat. It has an extended cab and is running a gas 460 with a 5 speed. Is this the correct definition of the truck I have? Is this considered any type of, "Duty" or have I hit the nail on the head so far? It has the two vertical windows on each side, behind each of the front seats. I want to make sure that I list it properly, so when I ask questions on problems the truck is having, that there isn't any gray areas of what it is. Any help in this area is very welcome. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Markmal
New User
Hi,
Mark from Fl here. Long time ford truck owner, all F-150 v-8 long beds. Just got my first 2015 F-250 diesel Platinum edition short bed. I love this truck! It is the last truck I will own. I went to the HD diesel because the F-150 struggled to pull my boat and stopping was even worse. Looking forward to learning more about the truck and what accessories to deck it out with. Toolbox, floor mats, bed cover etc. There is a lot of junk out there that just wont hold up to the elements. Hoping to find the good stuff posted here.

Mark

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Markmal
Hi,
Mark from Fl here. Long time ford truck owner, all F-150 v-8 long beds. Just got my first 2015 F-250 diesel Platinum edition short bed. I love this truck! It is the last truck I will own. I went to the HD diesel because the F-150 struggled to pull my boat and stopping was even worse. Looking forward to learning more about the truck and what accessories to deck it out with. Toolbox, floor mats, bed cover etc. There is a lot of junk out there that just wont hold up to the elements. Hoping to find the good stuff posted here.

Mark
Hello Mark,
Like you I just purchased a Super Duty, although mine is a 2014. While I can't say for some of the accessories you mentioned, as far as the floor mats, I just purchased the WeatherTech Floor liners. I have used them for all of my vehicles. I haven't found anything else that offers as much protection. Just ordered today, the front and rear were $199.00 plus shipping, I also ordered the WeatherTech custom Sun shade (or whatever they call it) for the truck,$69.95, it's nice because it is custom made for each model vehicle and won't sag or curl up like the cheap ones at Wally World. Being you are in Florida, probably a good investment!! Have fun with new truck!!

Old 07-02-2014, 10:59 AM
fathersdaughter
New User
Repairing two 1966 Ford F-100's with Dad

My dad, my entire lifetime, drove a white 1966 F-100. He parked it in the driveway a few years ago, running great, and a driver under the influence plowed into the driver's side cab door...he was devastated, once he knew the kid driving the car that wrecked it was fine. The insurance company replaced it with an automatic version of the same year truck, but her really just wants his old truck back.

He bought a replacement cab (an aqua-marine blue) and has it ready to replace the original cab, but he just can't do the work anymore. He is in his 80's- he can go all day but can't do the physical work anymore. I have committed to help him get it up and running.

I need a plan, what order to do things and such. I am looking for resources. He is in Northeastern Oklahoma. He doesn't need it restored to original quality, just wants to drive it for a few more years. Need to get the cab painted to match (may paint the whole) and need to get the new cab and bed joined up. It was running, but has been sitting for 3 years now, so will be a task to get it running too.

Looking for any input. I am going to have the other truck shipped out to my place on the East Coast, he said need to replace points, new plugs and check condenser- so any leads on good way to ship would be nice as well. I can do/get help doing the work on the one he doesn't want.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
docwc
New User
New to site

Wayne here,
Just bought a 97 F350 7.3L to haul slide in camper and pull horse trailer for horse camping. The old girl has 330,000 miles but is still going strong. I thought I would join the site to gain valuable info and be able to ask questions of knowledgeable people.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:37 PM
bobwardjr
New User
F-150 XLT 1990

Hello everyone, Im new here and wanted to bring my 1990 F 150 XLT to the forum. Mileage is 103K original miles. motor runs great has a few minor issues that I want to fix so Im going to lean on the folks here to help me solve my problems! Thanks for having me!

Bob

Old 07-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Tonzfseries
New User

Hi Guys new to the site found it in a search for info on my (what i believe is) 1949 v8 F-? series truck. have not found the vin yet. The only numbers I can find is LH side rail just behind the bumper & LH top of fire wall. no plate on glove box lid. I would like to restore my truck to a small tilt tray as a mascot for my towing company. The mechanical should not be to much problem I'm qualified to do that but I'm not a gr8 panel beater painter but we'll see how that goes Thanks

Old 07-03-2014, 03:11 PM
jchambli5
New User
I'm a "new" Bronco owner. A 1988 came to me over the weekend. A deceased relative left it to me and it appears rock solid. Body is great and engine seems to run well. Has about 180k on it but I'm going to go over it this weekend to see what if any issues. I know it shifts funny but more on that later. Looking forward to participating in this forum. I always wanted a Bronco.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
redford
Received 1,564 Likes on 912 Posts
Welcome to FTE, everyone!

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)