1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Fennvali
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all. I'm a new member, though I've been lurking and benefiting from your experience for a while

I purchased a 1996 F350 XLT 4wd Centurion Conversion some 8 months ago. I have added the following upgrades; a 3in downpipe, EBPV delete, Swamps 160cc stage 2 single shot injectors, 6-position TS Performance chip with custom tunes by Dave at Swamps diesel, 2 in. lift, a Jasper trans. with billet torque converter and a larger intercooler. It also at some point (for some reason) had what I believe to be a 97 E350 engine thrown in, though it seems to be the same as original. I have also recently added a new PCM with updated programming, new Garrett turbocharger, new UVCH, glow plugs, glow plug relay, charging system, starter, brakes (rotors, calipers, etc.), fuel pulse dampener, and load range E tires by Michelin. I am now considering suspension upgrades, turbo wheel upgrades, and an upgraded HPOP. I am a contractor and an archaeologist, I am more or less constantly on the road for work hauling the 36' fifth wheel that I live in. I more or less joined and am posting this as a big thank you to all of you. It was relying heavily upon your knowledge and expertise that I was able to complete the upgrades and repairs listed above, and this is what has kept me on the road and in work for the past 8 months, from Ohio, to Maine, to Virginia, to Rhode Island, and now I've landed in Colorado (hopefully for some time). Most of the repairs were emergency, sometimes completed in motel parking lots or even on the road in horrible conditions (particularly winter in the Northeast). So thank you all, very much. You will be hearing from me more often.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:25 AM
CarpetusMaximus313
New User
Thank You.

I am just learning about Ford E series vans, after 28 years of using Dodge vans for my business I went for a Ford E350 Club Wagon XLT w/ a v10. Everything I needed to make the van workable and like new I found on these forums. At first I thought " Oh No I bought a clunker" but after doing the research and fixing these things, I am very happy with my decision to go Ford. Thank you all.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:51 PM
jabjr587
New User
Always wanted a Flattie to work on!

Newly retired and having a blast! Just bought a 1951 F2 (no bed) as a project and loving the hunt for parts and information. While it may be a while before it's on the road, it's already become a joy.

Used to own a 1950 Ford Custom with a flathead V8 back in 1986, but never had the time or money to work on it (you know, young family, lots of job advancement and company moves).

Now I've got my dream truck, lots of time, and some money!

In my teenage years, I had a 1953 Plymouth Cambridge as my first car (Dad bought it for $50 from a young Airman). Even took on the project of rebuilding the 217ci flathead on my own at 17 years old.

Always loved the oldies.

Great to be onboard and will post pictures when I can.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Dan Purcell
New User
Hi all,
I have a 93 ford f150 I've had for a couple years.
I could do with help on topics as its an olden and 200,000 miles plus now!

~ Dan

Old 05-03-2015, 09:07 AM
sdblossom
New User
Steve B

I am new to FTE and wish to take advantage of all of the knowledge of the members. 1 week ago I purchased a 2015 F350 DRW LWB with the 6.7 L PSD. My plan is to retire in about 6 months and travel pulling a fifth wheel trailer. Really look forward to being a FTE member. Steve B

Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 AM
kmart6886
New User
Just bought my first Ford truck last week. The ad said that it was a '72 F-250 camper special with a L6 300, a Toploader 3sp, and that it came with a few extra parts. The extra parts included a few badges, brake shoes, voltage regulators, motor mounts, and a brand new long block L6 300. The seller explained that the engine in the truck was tired and that he had planned on replacing it but when he retired, he just bought a new truck. Big win for me. I'm not so convinced that the installed engine is that tired. As it turns out, the plugs were about finger tight, the center electrode in the cap was badly damaged, the points were very worn, the plugs were in sad shape, and it had almost no oil in it. Even with all of that going on, I was still able to cruise at 70 from Tucson, AZ back to the PHX area. A little tweaking and peaking this week made a huge difference. Still needs a bit more love but this truck is not as tired as it had seemed.
Once I'm happy with the operability of the truck then I can start working that engine. In my research of Ford trucks and L6 300 engines, FTE has been a wealth of information. Thanks for the support and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:06 AM
ecorrigan
New User
Hey all. I've been lurking around here for quite some time and finally figured I'd join so I could participate in the conversations. I drive a '93 F350 Crew Cab Long Box and I love it, other than the fact that it has the turning radius of a school bus. I've got a list of mods that I want to do to it, but my paycheck has to be big enough to support it all!
Looking forward to the conversations here. By the way, is there a 'Show Off Your Crew Cab' thread on here somewhere? Places like that are where I get my ideas.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Kinga
New User
Hope i am doing this right.
Hello from Big Sky, Montana.
Love my Ford Expedition, but I Know little about repairing minor things and would like to correct that. Plus, being able to ask questions of those those most enthusiastic about their Fords, and not trying to make money off my ignorance, makes me..... Well, less ignorant. Hope to learn a lot here.

Kinga

Old 05-03-2015, 01:35 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Hello Everyone!

My name is Bill and I'm about to be a new 2015 F-150 owner (expecting delivery ~~ 5/28/2015)

This is not our first Ford, but it is our first Ford truck. We bought a new Ford Contour SVT back in 1998, and it served us faithfully for 10 years. It was by far one of the most fun cars either that either my wife or I had ever owned. Even though it was only 2.5L displacement, and normally aspirated, it could really "scoot", and it was a dream through corners and up and down relatively steep hills (easterners would probably call our hills mountains, as up/down was often 3,000 foot elevation changes on a daily basis).

Prior to the F-150, we have owned 4 different Toyota trucks; a Tundra, and 3 different Tacomas. All four of these trucks have been flawless. We've had exactly ZERO problems with all of our Toyota trucks combined. So our new F-150 has a tough act to follow.

We started looking for another Tacoma. However, after looking at the interior of the Tacoma versus the F-150, and comparing power and mileage estimates, we took the plunge on the F-150.

Hope we're not disappointed!

Hope to converse with y'all in teh coming monthe/years.

--
bp

Old 05-03-2015, 03:06 PM
redford
Received 1,550 Likes on 905 Posts
Welcome to FTE, everyone!

Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 PM
hokymn
New User
Thank you for accepting me as one of your own...haha. Anyways, I've always been a Ford guy from early on. Have 2 Fords in the house now, a 2011 F-250 and my wife's 2012 Escape. Can't wait to get advice and help on problems I have and to hopefully return the favor when I can!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:15 PM
afmedic
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hello

Hey y'all, how's it going. I used to be on here, sold my truck a while back, but I bought another one and I'm back again!

Old 05-03-2015, 10:06 PM
AcesHigh
Junior User
New Guy

New to the forum, from Myrtle Beach. Just got my truck a couple weeks ago, a 55 F100 that sat in a garage for the last 10 years, untouched. Gathering parts now, can't wait to get started.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 AM
chackett
New User
Another newbie to the forum. I have two ford vehicles. I have a 2002 F150 that has been my daily driver for about the past 12 years. 208k miles on it, and still runs great.

Also just purchased 2012 Lincoln Navigator that the wife is loving.

Looking forward to learning more about this Navigator ..

Chris

Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 AM
tsmart
New User
Howdy

Howdy from Western NC.
Name is Troy.
Own a 1969 Ranger, 2 WD, 302, 3 speed, around 50K on it - all factory.
Been parked (outside ) since my father passed away in '78..
Getting the itch to restore it over the next several years....

Hoping to get some ideas, and do a few mods (brakes and such), plan to stay fairly close to factory.

Wishing I still had my '69 Bronco (I do still have to original 302 from it).
So I have a spare motor (that needs a rebuild).
I also have the dana front end from that '69 Bronco (needs new ring & pinion), might put it up for sale to move it...

Anyhow, look forward to reading and getting ideas...
Thanks,
T.

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)