1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 AM
steppenslow
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would like thank FTE for the warm welcome & say hello to all my new brother's & friend's here at FTE. I'm building a 69 f100 and want to swap the original front suspencion out with a 2003 Crown Victoria front end using the OG 360 big block whitch has already been rebuilt.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
ScottyScott70
New User
Gillnielson, thank you for your service and the great memorial day reminder. Fair winds and God speed friend..

Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Jstluvdzl34
New User
New member but not new to the threads,

Hello all, I've been around for some time but just finally registered, this is a great sight that has answered many questions for me over time and I'm glad to be registered and "in the pit" my rigs....86 f250 with the 4 speed and 6.9 4wd
97 crew cab powerstroke 2wd auto. Both aren't pretty but are works in progress as that's the reason I grabbed them up. The 97 is my daily driver also.

Last edited by Jstluvdzl34; 05-23-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Accidental post without finishing
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 PM
carlislefordf250
Freshman User
another newb

hello community,

I joined the forum because i had just recently went from owning a 95 mustang gt to now owning a 94 f250 4x4. it was a title for title trade. the mustang needed some work and so does the truck. my new wife figured that if i was going to spend money to fix up a vehicle, why not it be on something we need. my dad was always a ford guy, i work for a company making ford steering columns and ford didn't take a bail out. so i went with the f250. I'm slowly repairing the problems but ran into a couple i can't figure out. I figured, why not get some advice from other ford owners. Hope you all can help. Maybe i can help with some problems as well.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 PM
lotech
New User
newbe

yes I'm a newbe. I have been reading here awhile and got some helpful info. Back in Dec. I bought an E99 Lariat crewcab 4 wd. It seems to me it needs everything replaced. Since buying it I have put over 5k in parts and labor. 2400 of that was at 2 different dealers, one of which the mechanix damaged some wiring causing more problems and denied it. I owned a 97 xlt before and loved it but tranny went out so we parted ways. I wish I still had it now. I love the truck I have now, just need to get it back into good shape. It's my only ride, so when it's down, so am I. On a good note, it will be what I want even if I have to rebuild every inch of it.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Ronnie065
New User
Thank you for excepting me into the forum

Old 05-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Ronnie065
New User
I have a 09 f150 stx and I to have the same issue with my rear end bouncing at 50 mph thought it was because I changed tires, it seem like that it would be some kind of recall since it happing to so many people its really bother sum

Old 05-24-2014, 09:49 AM
BLS2042
New User
New Member Intro

Hi
Thanks for the welcome
I have been a lurker for some time and finally decided to take the plunge.
My project is a 67 F-250 Ranger, for about 2 years now.
I have been impressed with the quality of info and participation on this site.
And am looking forward to be involved.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:31 PM
nevillet904
Freshman User
Terry Neville's Introduction

Hi Friends
My name is Terence Lee Neville. I come from a long line of military families all over the world. My Dad's name is Thomas Arthur Neville, USN CWO-4. And he married Rosalia Alonso De Quintana in the Basque region of Spain. I was born in 1964 in Rota, Spain. My brother was born 11 months before me. Then we moved to Yokohama, Japan. I remember everyday I had to put on my little blue shorts, white shirt and tie, blue knee hi socks and those hard shiny little black shoes. And the little blue cap. And when I walked outside my view was the enormous Mount Fuji. I remember I had a little friend that lived in the rice paper hut community just beyond the naval apartments we were in. And brother you talk about a mad mama when I would run in my friends house chasing him and I didn't take my shoe's off. Boy we would get broom wacked all the time. And there was a little market on our way back from school my brother and I would reach in and grab and ice cream bar. Because it was outside of the market in front. And the mamason would show up at the end of the week when she saw my Dad get home and give him the bill at the end of the week. We just thought it was free. Haha. Well then my sister was born in Yokohama and soon after that we went to Germany for almost a year and then he was transferred to San Diego, Ca. We lived in Cali for a couple years and then moved to Norfolk, Va. That's where I remember going down into my friends basement and smoked cigarettes. My brother is deaf and he started going to the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. But it was a cruel road trip from Virginia to St Augustine every other week. So he requested a transfer to Mayport Naval Station. We lived in the Officers section back then. Then in 1974 we moved to St Augustine and my Dad bought a motel. It was Palmetto Court. I remember mom chasing people off with broom sticks for not paying rent. And then we would go inside and throw everything outside and she would padlock the room. Fun times.

Well so now I'm 49. I live with my son and my daughter lived with me too until she went to college couple years back. She's a 3.9 student and is as smart as all the other Neville's that are out here. My career was all in construction. I started a Carpenters Helper and in 1992 had an accident. Then the State sent me to college through the Vocational Rehab program. In 1996 I took over as Project Manager for "The Tour Stop" at the World Golf Villages in St Augustine. In 1998 I was hired by Centex Resorts Division in Palm Coast, Florida. I supervised over 300 men building 14 multi-family condos simultaneously. I learned a lot about patience over the 10 year tenure there. Then in 2008 I jumped into the Foreclosure Cleanup Business. We were making so much money it was ridiculous. But in 2009 Dad lost over $250k in the stock crash and it really hit hard. Especially after Dad was diagnosed with Fibrosis due to Asbestos. Then in 2012 he lost his battle and passed. And in one year we lost the business because my mother being Spanish didn't know a lot and trusted the wrong person and somehow lost what was all left. Then I lost my gem 2010 GMC HD2500 monster truck. Then my ATV's etc. Then in February of this year my Degenerative Disc Disease had progressed to where I worked so hard from sun up to sun down. Then I had to stay up till 2 or 3 am putting in photos, reports and invoices. So all of that hard work pretty much rendered me where I can't do too much anymore. But I try too keep busy. I have a 1978 Stingray that was stolen in 2005 that I am putting back together. And now I have this 1966 Ford F100 to restore. Because there's really nothing that's going to keep me down. I get up everyday with the attitude that one day all my hard work will pay off. But we were able to get the houses paid off. I had 2 other service trucks that were paid for. So I'm good for the most part. Broke all the time till Social Security kicks in. Can't believe I'm saying that. But it's the cold facts and something I have to deal with.

But I'm an all around hard nosed old hippie surfer redneck, I guess. And I love life. I just need to get out and enjoy it a little more. Guess that'll come when the SS checks start coming.

Other than that I am about the most mechanically inclined person you'll ever meet. There's nothing I can't do. I have always worked on all my family's cars. And have always been the one that was Mr Handy Man. But now if you want to make a couple bucks helping out a neighbor and you have no license it's a big no no. Even though I could teach the nono'ers a few things I'm sure.

That's it.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Advising Elf
New User
Advising Elf says, "Hello!"

I signed up a while back but never posted an intro.

I am one of those poor slobs that works on his own cars, as opposed to a poor slob that pays someone else to do it.

I started working on my cars as sson as I was able to drive, back in the days when you could fix a car with a matchbook cover. Matchbook covers don't work on computer chips, so I've had to learn how to do almost everything over.

I thank God for this forum because it has pulled me out of a couple of jams that the "Repair Manual" from the auto store was useless on.

I'll admit up front that I probably won't be offering a lot of help to anyone, because I don't know much current stuff, and if I do know about it, it's because I saw it here.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Thiessentr
New User

I just joined today seeing that I got my first ford yesterday. It's a 1985 bronco with the 351. Loved it for about 20 minutes until it quit on me lol. I'm looking for some knowledge and advice to help me get her back on the road.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:07 PM
hambone904
New User
New guy

How's it going Ford owners. Bought my first Ford truck last week in Key West to use as an island hopper. 1988 F 150 4.9L with 150K miles. Beat up truck that needs some love but for 1500 bucks, can't complain. Will be doing a lot of research and asking a bunch of questions for some guidance so thanks a bunch a head of time for any help.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:34 PM
bustedassranch
New User
Hi my name is Kevin. Im a union electrician and work all over the country. Im new to fords and the 6.0

Old 05-25-2014, 03:47 PM
john sweeney
New User
Thanks I'm not sure how to post. your web site is a god sent it helps me to work on may Truck I have a 1999 ford f350 super duty with a 6.8 L. I like it when I can see whats going on with others truck it helps me work out whats up with mine I'm a jersey boy and o I love my truck and and try to keep it running

Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 PM
john sweeney
New User
If you don't mined I have a problem with my ignition sys key turn and powers the truck but as you put the key forward nothing I need to jump the starter to get it running I replaced the starter starter solenoid I talked to a man at ford he told me the most likely thing it could be is the actuator but I have it apart and and it looks just the same as the new one and I can't see how the want you to get it out but I'm starting to think its not that it's in fine shape can any one help and give me some ideas I'm at a loss now I think it is the switch I just tell
thanks

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)