Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Elder User

soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
How many of you have the country life?

Ive noticed throughout the life of this "next generation" board, a lot of you seem to be country folk. That is, living on the farm, out in the boondocks, small town folk, etc... How many of there are you?

I've always lived in the big city burbs, where I have to hit my brake 5x the amount of the gas on my truck, and envy thoes of you who have the peaceful countryside life. So, do tell...........
Past trucks:1) Black two tone grey, loaded 2007 F-150 XLT Supercab 4X4 with the chrome package!2) 1995 2WD Yellow Ranger Splash Supercab 3) 1999 4X4, Red Ranger Sport Flareside Supercab, 4) 2004 Sonic Blue FX4 Ranger

Old 10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
I live in a small town called Melissa down here in texas.....about 1500 people overall.
1 stop light, 2 gas stations (w/1station 2Xing as a fudge shop)
It has grown some since I have been away at school but its still fairly small, which is what I like.

When I am at school, the town is still fairly small. Nacogdoches is around 30K but I still get to shoot, ride horses, 4x4, have bonfires and have fun.
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 AM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
grew up on the riverbank about 5 miles from a town of about 14k
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Freshman User

Johndeere93 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live outside a small town in NE Indiana.It sucks now cause there was fields on the north,west,and east side of us and to the south was my great uncles 3 acre yard.Now they have built a subdivision to the east of us and a house right behind our polebarn to the south.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Senior User

Old Ford Blue is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live in a town called Good Hope. There is one caution light, the general store, and a hair salon. Oh and we have a post office. Last I heard there were about 600 in the city limits.
I love all the dirt roads! Everybody knows everybody and so on. I'm not sure I could live in the "city".
I run open manifolds on one of my Jeeps and nobody cares, play that Country stuff all night long and as loud as you can.

Its great.

67 F-100 Ranger Hipo 390 4bbl\3 speed
73 F-100 Custom 302\auto---The best part is....it was FREE!

along with several other trucks and jeeps.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
The real question up here as far as whether or not a town is a town, is: Does it have a grain elevator?
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Senior User

big_ford_rednek is starting off with a positive reputation.
i (sadley enough) dont live on a farm.. just work on em for friends and family.. work hard (farm work and tobacco) but loving every minute of it. i blow a lot of money, mainly on gas and chit like that, but i earn every cent of it. my high school has 350 ppl, from 4 towns. my town is 320 ppl, 5 bars a gas station and am home of the world renowned scrusher.. that boot cleaning thingy from chaseburg manufacturing. my high school is in westby, im a senior their, home of the nationally accredited westby creamery. official cheese of the green bay packers. we dont even have a stop an go light. bout half of our school is tobacco chewing, beer drinking, pick up truck drivin gitters(redneks or hiks, or w/e) which i am proud to be one of em. we dont have a sine beamer in our parkin lot. just a hybrid. also in the area is organic valley. which is nation or world wide. not sure. if you are around farming much, you prolly have heard of atleast the creamery or ov. thats my home town
Old 10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Elder User

F250FarmBoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Code:
Does it have a grain elevator?
Yes, actually, it does. My town, more like a village, has a gas station, 2 traffic lights, a post office, and a hardware store.....and that grain elevator.

Even though everybody has trucks around here, I still get looks when the beast rolls through town.

Country life is too much to explain. I could go on forever, I dont have to worry if I forget to lock the doors, nice and quiet, everyone knows everyone, all the privacy you could ever want, etc.
Kingpin D.60, Srw, 4.10 l/s, push button GP's, ex-tree service truck, dumped utility bed for the bed off an '89 . Soon to get paint with the idea of yellow and black "boss 302" graphics....but it won't say "boss 302"
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Freshman User

ol' gray is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ive lived on farm in nw iowa all my life. last year was the first time ived lived in a town and thats only because im in college rite now the college town is about 3900 and i hate living within city limits. My home town has under 1000 people no stop light,1 grain eleavator, 2 bars, 2 churchs, 1 school with 275 kids K-12. If asked ill say its the greatest place on earth, but everybody that lives in a small town and likes it will say the same thing.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
New User

79tunerkiller is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live on a small little farm in a small town thats in the mountains in northern Utah in the upper ogden valley. theres actually three seperate towns in the valley. theres under 1000 people in my town with no stop lights, only one four way stop, a grocery store, a gas station,(store and station are in the next town over) and a arena. For high school ive gotta drive my 79 f150 over the mountain for 45 minutes to get to school and if i had to live in north ogden where i go to school i would die cause theres only about 20 of us who are considered hicks lots of the others are stuck up ****** but not all of em. I got headers with true dual cherrybomb glasspacks and nobody cares if i go screamin down the road at about midnight or if i have hank jr or chris ledoux as loud as my stereo will go.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Junior User

99PREDATOR is starting off with a positive reputation.
I came from a fairly small town, then joined the military. I now live in Phoenix and it's crazy city living, but I managed to buy a house on the outskirts that still have a dirt road.

I'm now 24 and a 3 time war veteran People give me a bunch of crazy looks when I'm driving my F350 all jacked up covered in mud through the city, along side all the Bimmers, Lexus and Mercedes... the occasional Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 AM
New User

bama12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am from down south in Alabama. I live on a little island with only about 1000 or less residents. Its only about 8 or 9 miles long and 3 wide. Absolutly no stop lights, 1 store, 2 gas stations. But have beach houses in the millions $$, for the snow birds. I am now a freshman at the University of Alabama. ROLL TIDE BABY!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Unk Bob

ubereal2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ubereal2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bob Wheeldon
We moved from Blue Springs Mo a east of Kansas City to Ozark Mo for the slower paced life. Wouldn't move back for anything.
Bob
Unk Bob
Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
I live in a town called Ocala in Central Florida.Many years ago Ocala used to be a very small town.But over the last 10 years,it's grown to epic proportions,and I hate it.I live on the eastern side of town,which is the rural side.Nothing but dirt roads,trucks,confederate flags around my part.My part of town is the home of the Ocala National Forest.I'm pretty happy with where i'm at.I'm a bonified member of the "country club".Me and my buddies all drive trucks,hang out in the walmart parkin lot on weekend nights and head out to the races on Friday night.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 11-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Postmaster

ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.
To some, Roanoke might be a big city...but it does have a small-town atmosphere. I live 15 mins outside of city limits, and until 6 years ago, couldn't see another house from out property. Middle of the woods, on a long, winding, dead-end road. I live in the corner of Roanoke Co., where Bedford (BFE) and Franklin Co. meet. Anyone on here who knows these areas can vouch for me.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation

Tags
boys, country, drive, f150, ffa, ford, juniata, life, megawatt00, mifflin, organic, pickups, rabbits, scrusher, valley