Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Interior Trim Color Chart

I was looking for the code for my interior trim color for my truck to paint my piliar for my guages. I ran across this anf thought that others may have a need for it. I high let mine as an example.

Open the drivers door and you will find a light blue sticker on it that has the VIN and all of the option codes for that vehicle. One of the headings will be "int tr", under it you will have a 2digit alphanumeric code. This is the trim code for your truck, the first digit identifies the trim type, the second is the color (see below). ( My Code is 9H)

Interior Trim Type
K — Knitted vinyl bench seat, F-Series
C — Cloth bench seat, F-Series
F — Cloth captains chairs, Excursion
F — Flight bench seat, Mexico sold F-Series XLT only
G — High back cloth individual seats, F-Series
H — High back knitted vinyl individual seats, F-Series
J — High back vinyl individual seats, F-Series
3 — Cloth 40/20/40 seats, F-Series/Excursion
D — Cloth 40/20/40 seats with integrated restraints, F-Series
8 — Leather 40/20/40 seats, F-Series
9 — Leather 40/20/40 seats with integrated restraints, F-Series
2 — Cloth captains chairs, F-Series
6 — Cloth captains chairs with integrated restraints, F-Series
4 — Leather captains chairs, F-Series/Excursion
7 — Leather captains chairs with integrated restraints, F-Series
5 — Leather quad captains chairs, F-Series
L — Leather captains chairs, Excursion Limited
B —Leather captains chairs with vinyl rear bench, F-Series
M—Cloth 40/20/40 seats with rear bench mono. F-Series
P—Leather captains chairs with vinyl rear bench, F-Series
Interior Trim Color
H — Medium Parchment, F-Series
E — Medium Flint, F-Series/Excursion
B—Ebony, F-Series
D—Dark Flint, F-Series
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Elder User

Futuresweets-10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I was doing mine I coudnt find my interior color anywhere so I just painted it to match the exterior, lol
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Posting Guru

STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good find, I appear to be the DD lol
WILL PAA #30
2001 F250 XLT Auto EC LB 4x4
THE DP Tuner, a few other goodies
1931 Model A 78-B "Wide Bed"

Join the Virginia Chapter!! http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/
Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
I want to match mine as close to stock. Auto Zoo has the paint but they had no charts or anything. At least with this I can get the paint that I need.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
Old 10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Posting Guru

strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.
I had a hell of a time getting the paint shop here in town to match paint to my trim code on the truck's sticker. They'd mix up a batch that was identical to the Ford paint code and it was WAY off from my grey interior. We ended up having to do ALOT of trial and error till we got it matched. I still don't think it's 100%, but it's pretty dang close. I had them mix me up enough to do what I needed immediately. They also saved the mixing amounts for the future as did I so if I ever move, I can have someone else do it.

Anyway, just my $.02

Nice post and good info for everyone to use!!
97 F350 CC Dually psd auto; 38 gal rear tank, Electric fuel, AirDog, Hypermax I/C & Stage 2's, BTS HPOP, SD van turbo, Hydroboost, ARP's, 910's, SB pushrods, Swamps IDM, Tymar, Sound deadening on both sides of firewall, 6.0 trans cooler, SD tranny lines, SD engine compartment conversion, Gauges, HID's, other pretty stuff, ALOT of custom stuff - need BTS trans & bigger turbo
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 AM

That must have been a pita for you. Smart move to have them give you the mixing formula! You have me thinking that maybe the color will be off on mine..........
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Post Fiend

big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Hey Jim, i,m still looking for them friggin front caps for yaa, another yard on the way home didn't have them. Anyways, still looking and calling around for you. About your color match, another senario is to call Diesel Manor, they got all the paint codes for our trucks interiors. I think a can is about 20.00 bucks but they got it, good luck...
Mike's 03 [font=Verdana]F-250 7.3 CC SB XLT 4x4 Auto and just joined the 229,000 miles and counting. [font=Comic Sans MS]PAA#26 Wife's: Whoops, I mean an 08 (Explorer) Eddie B. 4.0 v6 4x4 109,000
Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Posting Guru

strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
That must have been a pita for you. Smart move to have them give you the mixing formula! You have me thinking that maybe the color will be off on mine..........
It definitely was!! I'm extremely picky when it comes to stuff like that and since the panel I was painting was the lower dash panel where the cupholder and trash hook are. With it being completely surrounded by the same color, I wanted it to match perfectly.

If it's a very slight difference and where the pillar is not surrounded by that same color, it might not be that big of a deal.

BTW, I've found that right after painting a panel, it always looks a little different even if the paint is a perfect match. This is because everything around it has been covered in Armorall or some kind of cleaners over the years. Once you clean the new painted panels a few times, they get to looking identical.
97 F350 CC Dually psd auto; 38 gal rear tank, Electric fuel, AirDog, Hypermax I/C & Stage 2's, BTS HPOP, SD van turbo, Hydroboost, ARP's, 910's, SB pushrods, Swamps IDM, Tymar, Sound deadening on both sides of firewall, 6.0 trans cooler, SD tranny lines, SD engine compartment conversion, Gauges, HID's, other pretty stuff, ALOT of custom stuff - need BTS trans & bigger turbo
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Elder User

dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.dsquared has a great reputation on FTE.
This is my week to drive, so I have my Ex here. I went out and looked on the door like Jim said, and sure enough, there it was!! Only problem: Mine is 42!!
Leather captains' chair in Excursion is right, but "2" doesn't pop up in this list. I have looked for some interior parts on Ed's site, and the "Flint"(E) doesn't exist for Excursion, only Graphite....

Reps sent to you Jim. I'm sure this will help lots of people!!!

2001 Excursion XLT 2WD 7.3L PSD; 3.73 LS; 4" MBRP TurboBack W/5" Tip; MAC CAI; DP Tuner N/S; Stock; 60 Tow Altitude; 80 Economy; 120 Race; AutoMeter Pillar Gages; RAS, Linear Logic ScanGauge II
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Post Fiend

DieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
This is my week to drive, so I have my Ex here. I went out and looked on the door like Jim said, and sure enough, there it was!! Only problem: Mine is 42!!
Leather captains' chair in Excursion is right, but "2" doesn't pop up in this list. I have looked for some interior parts on Ed's site, and the "Flint"(E) doesn't exist for Excursion, only Graphite....

Reps sent to you Jim. I'm sure this will help lots of people!!!
Just a shot in the dark but are you sure that is not the exterior color code. Not saying it is just a thought though

2001 F350 Lariat CC LB 4X4, Various mods
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Im glad that this was of help to you guys. Thanks for the reps and compliments.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
New User

mojonoho is starting off with a positive reputation.
interior code....for 98/99 F250

I have a 98/99 F250 Diesel 4X4. My code for the interior trim reads 8X...okay what color is that ? Im trying to find a replacement for that useless cup holder in my front console but I can't find the exact color to match this code. Also where to find the cup holder, ebay ? Anybody any info or help ? Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Post Fiend

rbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to behold
Those codes might just be right for '01.My truck has blue interior
'98 Grand Cherokee, '86 F-150 SB Lariat 4x4 bought new (needs new home)
PAA #35
Old 06-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaker6336 View Post
Those codes might just be right for '01.My truck has blue interior
Ray,

If it is Denim Blue good luck. I coudn't find it anywhere except at a specialty auto paint store mixed to match at 30 bucks a pint. But the same place hooked me up with Blue Mist by SEM for under 12 bucks for a rattle can. So close that no one but me would know it wasn't an exact match. Like most trucks the interior seems to be two shades of what is supposed to be the same color. The SEM number for the Blue Mist is 15213.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
New User

mojonoho is starting off with a positive reputation.
interior trim code

Hmmmm.....my interior is tan in color but the trim on the door panel says 8X....so what shade of tan is that ? is the tan thats been discontinued ?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1940, 1999, 2000, chart, code, codes, color, dd, f150, ford, gallery, interior, parts, trim, truck