Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Will He Join?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will He Join?

Periodically I see a nice truck and I usually leave a little note, or, approach the owner if their in the parking lot. I have even followed it until I can give the driver our site address and welcome them to join other Fordies on the site and in our chapter. Sometime ( usually always) I get strange looks from the person, you can see it in their eyes, who is this dit-dit, they are rapidly scanning the area looking for a way out, a look and sigh of relief as I walk away, but, this is our chapter and everyone I have met so far at a meet or get together have been pretty decent people and the ones I have met on line have been pretty awesome also, very compassionate and supportive. So, I have no shame or embarrassment when it comes to soliciting members for the chapter or region.

Today (yesterday for those of you who went to bed already), I met a potential member in a different way. I was driving down New Falls Rd. in the Levittown (Lower Bucks County) section of the state, heading over to the photo center to get my picture I.D renewed. When, a women in a little car decided to stop abruptly, right in front of my lifted Bronco. If any of you have ever been in this situation (I had been, twice before), you are keenly aware of the damage you can inflict on an automobile (probably why they have bumper height laws) when you strike them at trunk level of their car and how far under your rear the car behind you can wedge itself. Luckley this didn't happen, this time (good that I maintain safe distance and have really good brakes) and the vehicle coming up quickly behind me wasn't a mini-car. It was a Ford though, a nice, white, F250, 7.3 Powerstroke. He managed to hit me dead square on my rear bumper(I could tell by the damage to his front bumper and mounting brackets). No damage that I could tell to my vehicle, we pulled into the nearest lot and exchanged pleasantries. He mentioned how fast I had stopped (again, good brakes) and that he didn't have anti-locks (?) . I informed him that I was okay, no injuries to me or the truck, besides, his bumper was pretty dented and bent, why compound his misery. As we spoke he told me how he did all the work on his truck himself and that he frequented a site and read the forum dedicated to diesels. Hmmm! I asked him if he had ever been to FTE? He wasn't sure. So, I wrote down the site address, mentioned the Pennsylvania Chapter, gave him my screen name, real first name and invited him to join us. Hence the heading. What do you guys and gals think? Do you think he will? If, perchance, any of you out here happen to know this guy, would you recommend that he join us?

On another note. do you invite or have you invited other Ford owners to join our chapter. If not, why? If so, thanks.

Those that have been at a meet or get together can attest to the good time had and the quality of people you'll meet. If you haven't done so yet, join us at the next get together and see for yourself. We have a lot of members from all parts of the state and the potential for the chapter and it's members to really enrich their life experiences and their trucking fun. Mod parties, camp outs, off road adventures, races, pulls, just about anything you can imagine doing with a truck. We make an effort to be family friendly, so bring the sweetheart, the kids, the grandkids, your parents, even your best friend. You have nothing to lose but your misery and boredom.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Looking forward to a meet, can't wait to meet fellow members. BTW I think he will join if not too embarrassed about the run in.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad to hear nobody got hurt! Surprised he didn't have anti locks though, I believe all the SD's came with at least rear ABS (mine came that way from the factory, didn't order it).

Anyways, the height difference between me and cars has me paranoid so I leave my drop hitch on in case someone rear ends me, at least it'll save them from going under me... Nothing I can really do on the front end but maintain a safe distance and keep the brakes in good shape.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:20 PM
chris1982
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this chapter still active? If so, I am requesting to join, I use to own a 97 f350 7.3 until hurricane sandy and a couple of trees killed it. I am currently looking to replace that truck and would love to get another 7.3. Any one know of anybody selling a 7.3 4wd crew for a realistic price?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:12 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
Yup, we're still here, Chris. A bit too busy as far as planning meets these days, but hopefully as the calendar turns to 2017 we can fix that.