Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Freshman User

gristanv is starting off with a positive reputation.
PIAA H13 bulbs

Yesterday I replaced my "Silver star" bulbs with new PIAA Xstreme White Plus
H13. It is the big deferens. They are much whiter and brighter.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Post Fiend

TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm glad you like them. Do you have any pics to compare the two?

I have Silverstars in my truck. I considered several before I bought the silverstars. I like them much better than the regular halogen bulbs. I thought about PIAA, but couldn't justify the 80 dollars. I know that some of the bulbs are higher wattage and can melt the headlight housing, connector, wiring etc. I definitely do not trust those knock off bulbs that are only 10 bucks on ebay. For that price does PIAA offer any type of warranty?

I also don't understand this statement made by PIAA.

12V 65w/55w = 85w/175w, 4000K
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Freshman User

gristanv is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did not take any pictures.
PIAA's statment is:
Type H13 (9008)
Wattage 65/55w = 85/75w XTRA, 4000K
It means bulbs are regular voltage, but you feel like 20% brighter which is true.
PIAA has three month warranty.
I had PIAA bulbs on my 2003 Expedition for four years, then I traded it with PIAA bulbs.
They lasts longer then any regular bulbs.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I purchased some PIAAs for my car a couple of years ago and after checking and re checking and them sending a second set of bulbs no luck. They were no brighter then the factory ones (this was on a GM car which had really good headlights for the era so maybe that's why). But I would not purchase them again, maybe they have gotten better since I used them. I also did not notice a great difference in the light of the silverstars on my 03 F-150. What did work great was a set of Xenon lights I purchased for my wife's grand prix, that was money well spent, and for 80 dollars you're almost 1/2 way to a set of xenons.

I wish Ford would put more development into their lighting system like GM, BMW, and mercedes, I think their product overall is better but the difference in lighting on my 06 silverado and 07 Expediton are HUGE. High beams on the expedition are about equal to the low beams on the silverado and hights on the silverado are bright as can be (best in class according to GM).
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Senior User

Tmod700 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out the Philips X-treme power, If memory serves correct they have a 1 year warranty.

X-treme power

Tmod
Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Freshman User

bjtor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just replaced the Sylvania's with the new PIAA's and they make a huge difference (although the smoked headlight covers cut down on the intensity). The Sylvania's were the Xtra Visions and never made much of a difference over the stock bulbs.
Like Gristanv above I use PIAA in my 02 Explorer and they lasted forever. PIAA makes these bulbs right!
Anyone have any luck with HID in the Expy?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior User

williamsplumbing is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just finished installing the HID lights. I will give them a try this evening and post my results. I found out that they are only blue in the low beam position, high beam appear to be yellow. I did the fog lamps also and they appear to be brighter. It's supposed to rain this week end and I have a 180 mile round trip, I'll post the results for them also........
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM

FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
Where did you get the PIAA's? I have some auxillary PIAA lights on my grill gard and love them. I though Silverstars were the best you could get, but I'm willing to try.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Post Fiend

TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I just can't see paying 100 dollars for the PIAA bulbs. The SilverStars are better than the regular bulbs. They cost enough as it is.

As for the HID kits. I thought about doing this to my truck a while back. They are all just low beam though. I want to be able to have a high beam. So, I guess thats out.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior User

Xenon HID Hi3's

I installed the Xenon HID h 13's today. Jury is still out. But on the high beam, the left (drivers side) lamp points down to just in the front of the car. I'll talk to the "tech" that sold them to me and see if I can get that resolved. If not, it will be Silverstar Ultras. As for the cost, I have to be able to see after dark.
I answered a thread in the Explorer forum where I asked about the head lamps on the '06 Explorer. Those lamps were awesome, Ford needs to put them on all their vehicle's.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Senior User

PIAA H13's

I went to the PIAA web site and they have a dealer locator!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Freshman User

bjtor is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought my PIAA's locally at a auto parts store, but I have purchased them before from Tire Rack.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
6555w, 8575w, bulbs, f150, h13, h13s, lights, meaning, melting, piaa, prices, silverstar, trucks, xtra, youtube