Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > South Dakota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

South Dakota Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: cowboywanabe

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Posting Guru

Dave Severson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
how goes the battle?

Haven't been on in a few days and there's something wrong with my email so I haven't recieved any notifications of new posts.....

anyway, had some very nice weather today, should have been winterizing the house and shop, but got sidetracked and spent the day working on my Bronco II... I'm in the process of chopping it, I laid the windshield back 5 degrees from stock, shortened the pillars and today got the top pieces tacked back into place. Gonna be a neat little truck! I've got a bunch of pictures of it in my gallery if anyone is interested in the progress of the build.

Been working on a customer's '26 T Coupe, have to have it completed to a point he specified by Thanksgiving weekend. He's coming over here from Austin, Mn. for some pheasant hunting that weekend and will be taking the coupe back home. After I get rid of it, I'll have more time and room to get back on my own stuff.

I was gone a couple weeks to Texas for a vacation and some scouting for a new place to live, as of right now looks like I'm gonna end up about 60 miles NE of Houston (near the big drag strip). These winters are just getting way too nasty for an old cripple like me. Hope to be moved by next fall, working now on designs for my new shop. Hope to get down there in the spring and get some dirt work done and the shop put up.......

Other then that, just getting ready for (my last) South Dakota winter!!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Posting Guru

1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Sounds like fun Dave. This weekend I was installing flooring in my living room. Its a big room. Next two weeks I am sitting in a class, its work related.
1997 Expedition, 4x4, 5.4 230,000 miles
Several others who have come and gone.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
I wish this would be my last winter! Dave, good luck with the house hunting in Texas!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Posting Guru

Cold as heck today, more reinforcement that I made the right decision in planning the big move to Texas.......Now if I could just figure out what to do with all my stuff!!!!!!! Toos, and equipment are of course going with me, but I sure do have a bunch of other stuff laying around!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Posting Guru

1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I am guessing you are not going to have an auction.

Couple I do a lot a work for go visit their son down Texas way quite a bit.
1997 Expedition, 4x4, 5.4 230,000 miles
Several others who have come and gone.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Posting Guru

I don't know.... Lots of projects to get complete and gone, plus two or three of my own that I'll be taking with me.... and it's not likely I'll go from now till move time next fall without running into one or two more old Fords that are just begging for adoption....... Just yesterday got a good solid lead on a '55 two door ranch wagon, one of the cars I've always wanted to build.... Heck, it never stops!!!!!!!! And I love every minute of it!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > South Dakota Chapter