Sponsored by:

Squealing right front hub.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 08:02 PM
JCs96
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. I've got a little trouble with my right front hub. Little background...It's a 96 F150 XLT 4X4 Off Road with 5.8l and auto locking hubs. I know most people are against the auto hubs but I haven't broke one yet. Then again I'm not very rough on them. Anyway my right front squeals (sometimes) as I'm turning. I pulled the wheel off and looked at it. The noise seems to be coming from the inside seal. It's like a tennis shoe squeak on the gym floor. The chilton's was now help to me on what it takes to get the hub off or what that seal was made of. It looks like a carbon ring or some very hard rubber. Any way I got to get them off as my rotors much like every truck of that generation need turning. Any help on how to get them off would be appreciated. If it is no more than a web site or a different manual than chilton's will help tremendously. BTW I love the truck and am looking forward to a lifelong relationship with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to lift. My next investment is a lift and some 33" Bridgestone Duellers. M/T of course. Anyone had any experience with those tires. Thanks,
Mike

Old 02-18-2000, 02:03 PM
purdue_chuck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would bet anything that your squeeling is coming from your wheel bearings, you better get them packed(and maybe replaced).

Old 02-18-2000, 06:39 PM
Eddie
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post