Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Senior User

54FordF1shortstep is starting off with a positive reputation.
New to Group

Hi everyone. Im new to the site Im from brandon ms. Just wondering if anyone close by. I have recently started a restoration on a 54 F1 stepside. working on getting it down to the frame right now. I have been a professional mechanic before but still learning the body work. I quit doing it as a job because its hard to find good benefits like health insurance doing it in MS. Unless you work for a dealer and have twenty other hungry mechanics to compete with. I went back to retail to take care of the family. All tips and advice on my new project will be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Posting Guru

BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the best Ford truck site around and I see you found the Mississippi chapter We have a couple of members around the Jackson area, I'm in the Byram Terry area, I currently have my 66 down to the frame coming back up with it, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I've got plenty of body and paint experience. If you would like to join the Mississippi chapter just click on the link below my signature. I will have to approve you, it might take me a couple of days as we are going camping this weekend. Again welcome and post away.

2012 f150 SuperCrew XLT
1966 F100
1965 Mustang
Old 10-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Senior User

Thanks Barry. Good to know there is a few local people around.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Junior User

harleyga is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the site and good luck with the restoration. Post up pics and keep us updated on your progress!

Terry
Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Posting Guru

bigsteve1969 has a good reputation on FTE.bigsteve1969 has a good reputation on FTE.
welcome to the site man!! im up in tupelo i may could ride down if you needed some help with some stuff
PAA #27
North Mississippi Regional Director

1999 F-250 Superduty 7.3 CC 4x4
Diablo Predator, Autometer gauges,4" turbo back,6637 filter w/ Pete's Cover, Foil Delete,HPX, Cobra 29 w/echo, super swing kit, and talk back,Sportsman Camo Covers. a new door piece... springfield arms 9mm
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Senior User

Steve Bennett is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome! I'm about 90 miles South of you In Foxworth, but In-Laws live in Crystal Springs. I am also building a '54 F-100 (going on 5 years now but that's another story). Any way I can help or share info just let me know. Later, Steve
Old 10-20-2008, 07:36 AM
MS Sweet Magnolia Blues

Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.
Glad you have joined us. I live in old town, about half a mile from the monument & have a flexible schedule. Drop me a line & we'll grab some coffee & lets chew the fat. Welcome.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior User

Thanks guys I may take you up on some of those offers. Right now i have my truck almost to the frame short of taking the cab off. I am going to remove the glass and try to get it off by this weekend. I am also thinking about what to do with the frame. I really want to do an IFS but right now money is a little tight. I may just wait to finish my frame until i can order it and just start sanding and finishing some of my body panels in the meantime. Sandpaper and primer are more in the budget this month.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Posting Guru

BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54FordF1shortstep View Post
Thanks guys I may take you up on some of those offers. Right now i have my truck almost to the frame short of taking the cab off. I am going to remove the glass and try to get it off by this weekend. I am also thinking about what to do with the frame. I really want to do an IFS but right now money is a little tight. I may just wait to finish my frame until i can order it and just start sanding and finishing some of my body panels in the meantime. Sandpaper and primer are more in the budget this month.
You need some help just let me know, wasn't too long ago I was taking my cab off.

2012 f150 SuperCrew XLT
1966 F100
1965 Mustang
Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Senior User

Steve Bennett is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you decide to go Volare, I have a set of templates for marking where to cut the frame. Steve
Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Posting Guru

Please give a warm Welcome to the newest Mississippi Chapter member
54FordF1shortstep. Welcome aboard, In my opinion this is the best bunch of guys around, and I even haven't met them.

2012 f150 SuperCrew XLT
1966 F100
1965 Mustang
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Posting Guru

Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome aboard,good seeing anouther f100 in Mississippi.....Mine has taken alot longer than I originaly thought also.Hang in there,We will drive them one of these days!
53 f100 My build thread http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...ith-picts.html and http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...g-my-53-a.html
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter