Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
New User

Kadiance1183 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Accessories Recommendations

Well I just picked up a 2005 F150 CrewCab FX4 with a 5.4L. After 5 years in a SVT Contour, I am happy to be driving a F150 again. Not to say that the SVT was not a good car, it was a great car, but I love driving a F150 truck.

The truck is completely stock and I am looking to add some accessories to it. Iíve been researching online, but not much out there to read from peopleís own experience with the products. Thatís why I came to the Ford Tuck Forums to get your opinions on products.

The accessories I am looking to add are the following:

Light Bar Rack (4 Frontal Lights and 2 Rear Lights)
Lights for the Rack
Cold Air Intake System
Exhaust System
Tires (18Ē Stock Rims are currently on the Truck)
Side Mirrors

Light Bar Rack:
I do a lot of farming with my dad and having great lights at night when you are moving equipment around or when you are broke down in the field is great to have. I also do a lot of Snowmobiling up in the Northern part of Michigan

Cold Air Intake:
Currently interested in the K&N 77 Series Intake and the Volant PowerCore Intake.

Exhaust System:
Currently looking at the Flowmaster (Force II or American Thunder systems) Dual Rear exits.

Tires:
Looking for an all-terrain tire, I hardly do any off-roading, but I want some nice grip when in the crop fields. I also do have those long trips up to northern , so I donít want the tires to be loud when driving on the highway.

Side Mirrors:
Currently I have stock mirrors and I cannot see behind me when I am pulling my sled trailer or some of the farm equipment. Looking for extended mirrors with a regular and convex mirrors on them. Donít need a turn signal on them, but also looking for something that will be cosmetically friendly.

Any recommendations, tips, advice, products is greatly appreciated on any of the accessories I have listed.

Many Thanks,
Mike

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Senior User

2004 xlt 5.4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
this may help was posted on page 2

e Mirrors off of the Super Duties Will not fit our (04-08) F-150's. Ford now offers Towing mirrors for our trucks. Here they are on my 06:

I ordered mine from Tasca Auto Group | Your Online Parts Dealer . The part numbers are: 7L3Z17682AE & 7L3Z17683AE

They are relatively easy to install. If your truck is an 07-08 & is an XLT or better, you truck is wired correctly for all the options these mirrors have (Power adjust, heated, turn signals, and puddle lamps. With an 04-06 XLT or better, at least the power adjust on the mirrors will work for sure. On my 06, the power adjust and the turn signals work, but the puddle lamps have to be wired in. Due to the fact that my truck didn't have have heated mirrors originally, I still need to replace my climate control cluster (to one that has the mirror button) and my fuse box.

The added visibility is absolutely amazing!

T. J. __________________
06 F-150 XLT Scab, 6.5' Box, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.73LS
--Line-X
--TruXedo Original
--Nifty Catch-All Xtreme Floorliners
--2008 Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors

03 Saturn VUE SUV 2.2L Ecotec I4, 5spd - 23/29 mpg - The Commute Vehicle

95 F150 XLT 4x4 4.9L I6 5spd - Sold
89 F150 XLT 4x4 4.9L I6 4spd - Sold
91 F150 XLT 4x4 4.9L I6 5spd - Deceased
and Leer cap
5 Star Tuning SCT X3 custom Tunes
Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Senior User

cgah04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i just added these this week.. the increased vis is awsome

its a kc light bar(seach ebay its the cheapest $200)
the lights are;
center-piaa 520atp also ebay about $180
outside-piaa 510 fog lights,also ebay about $180
both sets are extreme crystal white..
Old 10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Post Fiend

Ryan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to behold
Get some new wheels and tires together.....I think those might be the ugliest wheels ford has ever produced (no offense) ..... For what you're using them for....i'd take a look at bfg a/t's, michelin ltx m/s or a/t (check out reviews on tire rack, for as mild as they look ltx m/s's work amazingly well in dirt and snow) and i really like the look of the baja wheels from american racing....

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...round-7-a.html
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Senior User

Muddedprairie is starting off with a positive reputation.
cgah,

Where in jersey you from? i'm in jersey as well.... i'd like to get these mirrors on my truck.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Senior User

cgah04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
toms river u?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:53 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadiance1183 View Post
Well I just picked up a 2005 F150 CrewCab FX4 with a 5.4L. After 5 years in a SVT Contour, I am happy to be driving a F150 again. Not to say that the SVT was not a good car, it was a great car, but I love driving a F150 truck.
yes, the F-150 is rather nice. Good uptrade...especially when most people are downtrading to gain MPG

The truck is completely stock and I am looking to add some accessories to it. Iíve been researching online, but not much out there to read from peopleís own experience with the products. Thatís why I came to the Ford Tuck Forums to get your opinions on products.
good and a bad place to have come then. hide your wallet...cause we'll help you drain some cash pretty quickly

Light Bar Rack:
I do a lot of farming with my dad and having great lights at night when you are moving equipment around or when you are broke down in the field is great to have. I also do a lot of Snowmobiling up in the Northern part of Michigan and in the UP, and it is always nice to have the extra light when driving at night in the UP and when loading and unloading the sleds. Looking for a cosmetically friendly rack with space enough to mount about 6 lights. I have not seen many that look that great. As for the Lights, anything around 80-100K candlepower should do the trick.
thought about a bull bar? I paid $180 shipped for the Hunter bull bar that is on my truck. it can mount 2 7" offroad lights...I know you want 4 though

Cold Air Intake:
Currently interested in the K&N 77 Series Intake and the Volant PowerCore Intake.
Volant for the Win. hands down, awesome CAI.

I just sold my old one for $180. Had her installed for 2 yrs and 22,500 miles...absolutely no problems and it still looked brand new when the guy picked it up yesterday.

Exhaust System:
Currently looking at the Flowmaster (Force II or American Thunder systems) Dual Rear exits
how loud are we talking here?

in your face noise 100%

loud when you stomp it, and a rumble otherwise?

I can tell you first hand that those Flowmasters are frickin loud at all times. They don't have a quiet spot. the "family" car has Super 40's installed and I positively hate the damn things. I guess I've finally gotten to that grand old age where louder isn't better

I have the Magnaflow kit #16614 and absolutely love it. again, 22,500 miles without any issues and it sounds amazing.

Short Video of Volant CAI and Magnaflow SIDO Installed

0 - 45 mph acceleration vid
20-85 mph floored vid

Tires:
Looking for an all-terrain tire, I hardly do any off-roading, but I want some nice grip when in the crop fields.
Revo A/T and the Michelin LTX M&S are great tires. last a pretty darn long time and work amazing offroad.

I also suggest you pick up a 2.5" leveling kit and slap some 33" tires on your truck. or get some aftermarket rims and put some 35" tires. Autosprings gets my vote if you get a leveling kit

Side Mirrors:
Currently I have stock mirrors and I cannot see behind me when.
it's funny, but I know what you mean. I towed a 2-axle car trailer with Jetta (pics in Gallery). My truck is wider than the trailer, and sits higher. I could only see the extreme top of the car, and only saw the trailer itself when turning. but IMO those tow mirrors don't flow with the body lines...so I can't personally recommend the 07+ tow mirrors

Any recommendations, tips, advice, products is greatly appreciated on any of the accessories I have listed.

I love that red with DSG...couldn't find any red trucks when I was shopping...so I own a white one...but I can still admire them
see bolded stuff
Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Senior User

Northern jersey... 20 min's from the Delawere water gap... warren county
Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Senior User

I really like the extra bigger mirrors.. i will be ordering them very soon.

Mark
Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 PM