Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Senior User

Iversen-fords is starting off with a positive reputation.
The College life

Well I was just wonderin if anyone out there is the typical college student. You know, being broke, lots of loans, eat nothing but junk, gain the freshmen 15, long nights of studying and such and what most kids like about college is the partying.

So anyone out there have a life like this right now?
80 VW rabbit pickup diesel. 1.5 Custom Turbo-- RIP
95 Chevy Berretta 2.2 5speed
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
boy do i miss that life!!!!!!!!! 01-03.....

a coupla beers and i'm good to go now
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
I'm a 100% typical accounting grad student. I live in the tax library, hop from study group to study group, wake up early just to do homework... it's lame.

But I still find time to drink beer, shoot my guns, maybe even see the GF if I'm lucky. The highlight of my week is Thursday nights when I get a large pepperoni pizza and a new 6 pack of Shiner Bock and see how fast I can cram it into my stomach.

And the freshman 15? Try the freshman 45. I got mono the last semester of high school so I weighted in at 130 (I'm 5'9) when I graduated. So I spent a school year growing back out of my 28 inch waist.

I'm all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Yeah I've had the gut-check about doing this long term... I could probably last in accounting, just not in a Big Four environment, and definately not in a major city like Dallas. My dad is the head of the accounting department for a company here in Lubbock, and I could do a job like his for a long time. And the way I see it, having a masters in accounting can't hurt down the road.

I'm all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Elder User

soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well kids I went to school majoring in Telecommunications and minoring in buisness. I went after the fun, poor paying job of working as a DJ at a radio station and doing commercial production. I did that for four years untill the company I worked for downsized. I had a great time and was proud of what I did(and I did it well!) but I made crap for money. Now Im in a "buisness management" job that pays good and is secure but I dont like it. I had job offers from around the country to work in radio but I wanted to stay in the S.E. Michigan area. Sooo........

Moral of this story was do you want to have a secure good paying job and be unhappy with it, or do what I tried to do and go into a fickel poor paying fun job?

What your lifestyle goals are and how you want to live is what should determine what you choose to do for a career.

I used to have the motto "live for the day, not the day off" when I was in radio because I looked forward to going to work, now Im back to waiting for the day off because the other 5 days I work suck. But at least Ive got a job.
Past trucks:1) Black two tone grey, loaded 2007 F-150 XLT Supercab 4X4 with the chrome package!2) 1995 2WD Yellow Ranger Splash Supercab 3) 1999 4X4, Red Ranger Sport Flareside Supercab, 4) 2004 Sonic Blue FX4 Ranger

Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Senior User

weeds is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm definitely playing the typical college student role right now. Only work one day a week, so I have no cash, barely eat when I'm on campus cuz I have no money for fast food, spent 12 hrs yesterday doing homework, went to the bar because I deserved a beer, got a $5 pizza at 1am when I was totally wasted, and awake early this morning to finish up homework.

Wow...and here I was thinking today might be a good day
Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Senior User

aaronlockhart is starting off with a positive reputation.
Surprisingly I've managed to lose weight in college... That doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Things are fine I guess, I like spending money so I work 40+ hours a week... I'm a shift manager at, go ahead and laugh, McDonalds... Isn't that bad, theres a few good times... Still, working third shift on the weekends and second shift every other day of the week it takes away from time I'd be doing other things... I'm just a regular liberal arts student who has no clue what he wants to end up doing... Guess I spend most of my free time adding lights and other cheap accessories onto my truck, lol...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
I am a 5th yr senior down here at Stephen F. Austin State Univ. in east tx...it's a pretty normal life.
I am usually in class, working, fishing or 4x4ing...I dont party a whole lot because most of my $$$ goes towards my truck or ammunition.
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 10-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Disgruntled Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1701 View Post
I dont party a whole lot because most of my $$$ goes towards my truck or ammunition.
Keeps you outta trouble right? Unless you combine fun with trucks fun with and guns...

So when ya'll lived on campus, and the cops frowned on guns... where did you keep them? I stashed all mine at my brothers until I moved off campus, but now I basically run a gun-motel for my buddies who still live at the school. When I was in the dorm, I coudn't even have ammo with me, and the cops I talked to weren't even excited about me having my cases in my truck. My friend got pulled over on campus with an empty case in his bed and had to get out, open it up for the officer, and explain why he had it and a bunch of empty boxesof shotgun shells with him. You'd think living in West Texas would be enough of an explanation, but campus cops are REALLY REALLY touchy with anything that goes bang.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post
Keeps you outta trouble right? Unless you combine fun with trucks fun with and guns...

So when ya'll lived on campus, and the cops frowned on guns... where did you keep them? I stashed all mine at my brothers until I moved off campus, but now I basically run a gun-motel for my buddies who still live at the school. When I was in the dorm, I coudn't even have ammo with me, and the cops I talked to weren't even excited about me having my cases in my truck. My friend got pulled over on campus with an empty case in his bed and had to get out, open it up for the officer, and explain why he had it and a bunch of empty boxesof shotgun shells with him. You'd think living in West Texas would be enough of an explanation, but campus cops are REALLY REALLY touchy with anything that goes bang.

We were able to lock them up in the University Police Department evidence locker. I would carry in my entire arsenel into the PD and make em' lock them up LMAO their faces were priceless.....
Now I am in similar situation w/you, running a firearms motel for my on-campus buddies.
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Elder User

21411 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

on paper i am a typical college kid. 21 years old 17 credit hours at the community college. working part time. but in day to day life not even close. in the technical program i'm in there is very little you can do at home. so there is just longer classes, between 3 and 5 hours, i also do not believe that typical college kids are rebuilding '64 half tons in their spare time, with a girlfriend.

also in illinois they don't want to hear the word gun or ammo or you could go to jail. it's nuts.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Posting Guru

rangersvt04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tim Walter
im living the college dream..... taking classes i will NEVER need and never having enough money to do any thing with!

Btw i go to the great lakes maritime academy.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Post Fiend

6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.
No college here! Been working since I was 13.

until Lambs become Lions
Add me on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/bill.holsinger.5?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Freshman User

ol' gray is starting off with a positive reputation.
I go to a community college that is just about like high school i go to class from 8-3 everyday, so its not too bad to remember when i have to go to school, the school here doesnt care too much about haveing guns, i carry 2 shotguns in my truck at all times with about 200 rounds. So its not too bad they just dont want us to have them out of the cases. LOL

The ag business program that im in lets me go on internships three times a year and where i work we run 12-16 hour days so i can make enough money to pay for school.
So it could be worse.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 AM
New User

FordTechASE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well im in a Community college in Wyoming. Its pretty easy, Wake up at 8 go to class at 9, go to work at one job from 12-2, another from 2-7, go home, study. Read up on the latest car gossip, pay some gays, log on to my 2 online classes a few days a week, only have class mon-thurs. fridays i work all day. Weekends are for play!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 AM