Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Might be leaving later this year-

Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Might be leaving later this year-

It seems my wife and I are good at finding bad deals. The person we are supposed to be buying this place from is refusing to give us our copy of the contract, and now they are saying that the payment goes up $400 in January. We simply cannot afford that, and after all our dealings here, we're looking to leave this area permanently. I'm going to an interview in Hazelton, ID for a shop manager position Sept. 12, hopefully that will go well. It's about the same I make here, but over there that's an s-load of money.

I hate to walk away from everything that we've done at this house, but it looks like it's just an expensive lesson. Hopefully we've learned enough from this to not make the same mistakes yet again.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:37 AM
beeboy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it works out for you, Jared

Old 08-16-2008, 12:53 AM
forddude05
More Turbo
Sorry to hear that, Jared. Hopefully, you can stay in the area...

Old 08-16-2008, 01:56 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang, Jared,,, So sorry to hear that. Surely there is some legal recourse for you?? In any matter, maybe a move and clean start is exactly what you need to break the spell of bad deals!! Good luck with the interview!!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
It sucks that it has to come down to this. We've discussed this time and again, before we bought this place we were looking at an Idaho move, seems like that's the way we should have gone. Too many control freak Liberals here, who think they can just do whatever the hell they want, ignore the laws, but make us jump through every stupid little hoop they can think to put up.
The woman we're dealing with here, she's going to her lawyer because we're harassing her. Thing is, all we're doing is calling her and e-mailing her to get her to give us our copy of the stupid *** contract she plopped in front of us when we moved it. Eight months now, she keeps saying she left it on the back steps here, or in the mailbox, or we didn't meet here where she said to (she didn't mention anything about all the cars here or the ditch in the yard she would have to have crossed on the day she says she was here, or the six people who were here right at that specific time).
I'm just sick of dealing with bloodsuckers, I'm sick of getting used like this, so we're going back to the small town way of life hopefully. I know that won't be easy either, and it will be a long time before we are part of that town, but hopefully things will be better.

Not to mention I'll be making the same money, but I'll go from barely scraping working all kinds of side jobs to make ends meet, to actually being able to afford the lifestyle we want.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
See, then it turns out to be a good thing!!! Your baby is growing, and you'll find yourselves in need of many, many different things along the way because of it!! And just scraping by is no way to raise a family!!! Now, enjoying a lifestyle, whatever that may be for you, is what it's all about!!!

I don't care about fancy cars and big houses, but I do want to pay all the bills, and have a few bucks left over to go out and have some fun!!! Sounds like you'll be able to do that now!!

Best wishes, Jared!!! Let us all know when moving day is,,, Maybe we can pitch in and help!!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
That's too bad. If you do end up moving to ID, maybe you can help get that chapter going.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Yeah, I was looking at their chapter a little while back- It seems most of the posts are from you guys saying "Hey wake up!"
I know a few former northwest members are over there.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Yeah, I was looking at their chapter a little while back- It seems most of the posts are from you guys saying "Hey wake up!"
I know a few former northwest members are over there.
Yeah...We had over 300 posts during that posting party.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw this post Jared, this sucks. Good thing we didn't work to hard on your shop/garage. I could see this gal going crazy with the smell of diesel exhaust, it polluting my air.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
742504x4
Junior User
Jared

Really sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it all works out for the best. Don't forget to wave on your way by and if you need a pit stop you can allways stop by the house.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
BensDaddy
Senior User
Well I am truly sorry to hear about this. I hope it works out for you. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have met you. Keep in touch!!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, if they ever end up moving my butt to Spokane, at least I'll be in the right neck of the woods to help wake things up over there. I'm hoping they tell me to move around February, and it's possible that is what's going to happen...only time will tell.

As for the small town thing, you're right...they'll take a little time to warm up, but I don't think it'd take too long. Small town folks can figure out if people are decent or not pretty quickly. I doubt you've got anything to worry about.
Besides, you'll be back to 4 distinct seasons again, as opposed to this light, medium, and dark grey stuff we've got around here.

While the move may be a bit traumatic, I'm thinkin you'll end up way more comfortable, and in the long run, more happy for having done so.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
FESTER1st
Senior User
Remember

You can run but you cant hide

Insanity always finds you

and we will be looking.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
What are you talking about? Insanity is still looking for me? It found me years ago!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Might be leaving later this year-