Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Hello all from Midfifty, F-1 owners good news!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
midfifty
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all from Midfifty, F-1 owners good news!

Hey there

My name is Mike Gaffney,

I do work for Midfifty F-100 Parts here in Arizona
I designed and drew a couple of the catalog covers a few years ago, also the painting of the truck on the x-mas cards we sell in the catalog was painted by me, Ill have a new/better one next year so check it out when the new catalog comes out. I also handled the used parts sold shortly on e-bay a few years back (still trying to talk them into doing it again)

But mostly Iam currently remaking their website from scratch, it will look totally different and be MUCH easier for you to use and order parts.
You are all more then welcome to check it out so far its at
Midfifty F-100 Parts - Home

This site is still in beta testing, so any orders made will not go though, but if you want to just for fun, order away like none other

For real orders though, still use Mid Fifty F100 Parts

Anyways, I figured I would join this site to help any of you with any questions on the trucks or parts I can answer, or at least find out for you from one of the girls that take orders when you call.

But also, we are also starting a new "company" i guess you would call it, for 48-52 F-1, pickups, that website is Classic Haulers F-1 Parts - Home, and will be handled by the same great people here at Midfifty F-100 Parts,

For now, you can call or fill out the form on classic-haulers.com to inquire about the products, as we are still gathering parts and creating the site and the catalog for this new section of parts we will be selling.

Again, Im here to answer questions, not be a salesman, so thanks or your time, and I hope I can help out here somehow

Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 PM
ssj7kids
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, Welcome aboard. You probably already know this is the GREATEST bunch of guys and gals on the internet.
Steve

Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
midfifty
Former Vendor
Thanks, yeah, well I defiantly have to say that I haven't met as many awesome & nice people until I started hanging out and working for people that love these trucks.

Seems to be something about them that just makes everyone so darn happy :P

Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome. Hey, we need some Big Job parts. When is someone gonna start offering restoration items for the Big Jobs, since they seem to be gaining in popularity. Actually, there is a large number of people on here with trucks larger than F-3/350, that are not able to buy replacement emblems, or other larger truck specific parts. Any thoughts?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Hey Mike welcome to the site. Nice work on the site.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Welcome to the site. I'm sure that since you put out the offer, many questions may come your way. When will your 48-52 catalog and website be ready?

Nick

Old 10-12-2008, 03:31 AM
dawolverine
Senior User
The new site is wider on screen than a standard page viewer, though i'm sure that'll be sorted when its nearer being finished!

Old 10-12-2008, 05:00 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome Mike, all I got to say is we will kill for new F900 emblems and even go for
glass fenders .
Sam

Old 10-12-2008, 06:55 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dawolverine
The new site is wider on screen than a standard page viewer, though i'm sure that'll be sorted when its nearer being finished!
hmm.. on my 22 in screen there is plenty of extra space..what is standard?

Sam

Old 10-12-2008, 07:06 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
on the new catalog view..

1 - page 1-30 starts with page 10.
2 - the icon selection for part viewing is neat.. but
I don't know what is on what page, so it just makes me look thru every page (ugh).. also, I can't make the icons bigger, so I can't make out what is being shown.
I just now see the product type listed under the page.. I might try swapping the two, put the page number UNDER the icon, and the product type at the top, as this is what you will display when you click..
(if you showed an enlarged page image, you would be ok the current way I think)...

but you also have the instructions I didn't read.. pick a product type from the drop down or use the page icons.. hm..

Sam

Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 AM
gdgerland
Elder User
Welcome, Mike. Glad to have you. That's great news about the classic truck parts. A new (old) supplier of '48-'50 parts is always welcome. Looking forward to the new web site and catalog. Have always heard good things about Mid-fifty and wished you handled parts for my truck. Looks like my wish is coming true. Keep us updated on your progress.

Gil

Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Yeah, I'm with Sam....We want Big Job parts.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:16 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey Mike,
Are there going to be new replacement steel fenders for 51 52 F-1's in the new catalog's ?

one can wish can't he ? LOL

thanks

Josh

Old 10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
midfifty
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by wmjoe1953
Welcome. Hey, we need some Big Job parts. When is someone gonna start offering restoration items for the Big Jobs, since they seem to be gaining in popularity. Actually, there is a large number of people on here with trucks larger than F-3/350, that are not able to buy replacement emblems, or other larger truck specific parts. Any thoughts?
Well it was a surprise to me that they are extending it to 48+ F-1's, lucky for me they wanted it to look just like the midfifty one, just different colors haha, but maybe one day, the gilrs own a big lot down in Arizona for their warehouse, and every year they have to build a new building to store all the parts, and with all the new part they will need for the F-1's, Im thinking they are going to need to buy out the fire station next door lol.

Originally Posted by edsf100
Hey Mike welcome to the site. Nice work on the site.
Thanks, my goal is to make it really easy to use, so any problems or ideas let me know.

Originally Posted by sdetweil
hmm.. on my 22 in screen there is plenty of extra space..what is standard?

Sam
Well i set it up originally to be 900px wide to allow the long name parts to fit on one line when looking at the list, but some people have a resolution of 800px, but ill fix it right now since that is not an issue anymore
I just now set it up now so it stretches with the screen
So any of you with wider resolutions will have alot more room to see the parts and everything else

It might be awhile, the lady in charge just started adding the parts to the website, and it takes time to find vendors, catagorize the parts, put them into the ordering system etc. But I know there are some pages already done, since alot of the parts are that same as the the 53-56, and me and her are currently desiging the cover for the first catalog.

Originally Posted by big job
Welcome Mike, all I got to say is we will kill for new F900 emblems and even go for
glass fenders .
Sam
I can bring it up to them, but I havent heard anything like that yet, sorry

Originally Posted by sdetweil
on the new catalog view..

1 - page 1-30 starts with page 10.
2 - the icon selection for part viewing is neat.. but
I don't know what is on what page, so it just makes me look thru every page (ugh).. also, I can't make the icons bigger, so I can't make out what is being shown.
I just now see the product type listed under the page.. I might try swapping the two, put the page number UNDER the icon, and the product type at the top, as this is what you will display when you click..
(if you showed an enlarged page image, you would be ok the current way I think)...

but you also have the instructions I didn't read.. pick a product type from the drop down or use the page icons.. hm..

Sam
1. Thats the first page that I have entered parts for, the first couple pages are the index, shipping info, etc. and also x-mas, and buttons, t-shirts, etc. that I havent got around to adding yet, i figured the parts were more important for now.

2. This is actually set up for people that have a catalog in hand, and they already know where the parts are in the book that they want, so you arent really supposed to make out the image of the the pages, the image is more there for a qucik reference for people with the book in hand, the drop down box will be for most people, and is on the top of each page when browsing so you can switch categories easy.

Also you can download the full catalog from the home page

But I re-worded it to make it more clear, let me know if I should word it differently, this is your guys's site, so I want to make it easier you all of you

Originally Posted by jmadsen
Hey Mike,
Are there going to be new replacement steel fenders for 51 52 F-1's in the new catalog's ?

one can wish can't he ? LOL

thanks

Josh
Oh im sure there will be, I dont know if you know, but Midfifty has almost EVERYTHING for the 53-55 F-100's, except for engines etc.

So iam sure they are going to go all out for the F-1 parts also

Old 10-12-2008, 12:24 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Some of us have Big Job emblems we can loan you for the purpose of making molds or setting up a cad image. I have a couple sets. I have an extra set of Big Job fenders I can send down for making fiberglass copies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello all from Midfifty, F-1 owners good news!