Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Postmaster

Nitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant future
ray.martinjr
Sox 1, Tampa Bay 0

So the Sox are up 1-0. I know it is early but I'm liking it. If thy can pull one off with Becket on the mound tonight, they SHOULD have this thing wrapped up early next week. Then off to Philly (it appears) for the World Series. Although it would be more fun to see the Sox face LA with Manny and that other chump with the batting glove fetish....

So, my question to Ken (since he saw both teams play at Fenway), are the 2008 Sox as good as the 1918 team was?

Avatar is a Pearl Ribbon in honor of my wife and the battle she is waging.
'03 F150 Sport 4x4 4.6L 5-speed, '05 Escape Hybrid, '06 Escape Hybrid
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
No posts to this thread?

How about Sox 1, Tampa 3.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Postmaster

Nitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant future
ray.martinjr
I like it - Sox have them bums from Florida right where they want them.

Down 3-1 is a recurring theme in the Sox recent World Series history.....

Repeat after me...."it ain't over 'til it's over".....

Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!

PERHAPS AS EARLY AS THURSDAY NIGHT!!!

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitramjr View Post
So the Sox are up 1-0. I know it is early but I'm liking it. If thy can pull one off with Becket on the mound tonight, they SHOULD have this thing wrapped up early next week. Then off to Philly (it appears) for the World Series. Although it would be more fun to see the Sox face LA with Manny and that other chump with the batting glove fetish....

So, my question to Ken (since he saw both teams play at Fenway), are the 2008 Sox as good as the 1918 team was?

Actually I was defending the country in WW1 in 1918...you young whippa snappa!!!

I did see the 1903 World Series however!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Postmaster

ray.martinjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!

PERHAPS AS EARLY AS THURSDAY NIGHT!!!
Not at Fenway.....not at Fenway.....there'e no place like home...there's no place like home................

Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Indeed Ray...keep repeating that mantra!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Lets make a deal..............We'll take the next game and ya all can have the last two. Sound fair. hehehehehehe

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Can we get back to you on that one???

Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
FTE Administrator

So, you ready to make that deal?????????

If so, ya all need to quit this 3-run homer crap.

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Postmaster

ray.martinjr
Tell me Tampa Bay fans aren't just a wee bit nervous right about now....the Sox are in the Rays' heads now. Here is where experience wins out over youth.

Quote:
We'll take the next game and ya all can have the last two. Sound fair.
Matsuzake GAVE TB that game last night. Now the last two belong to the Sox per the deal......

Play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 AM
So Little To Say!!!

Damn...what a wild ride!!!

Carlene...I think I agree with Ray...the Saawx did their best to live up to your proposal...the Rays just wouldn't take it!!! Now...you owe us the last 2!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:51 AM
FTE Administrator

No, no, no, no, no..........

The Rays were just feeling sorry for the Sox since all the fans were starting to leave again. They just gave you one of your two in advance.

I feel for the fans that left early. They missed the ride. I've always been one to stay til the end, especially in baseball....ya never know whats gonna happen.

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Tampa Bay knows what it feels like to be Soxed..

They awoke the sleeping giant Big Papi..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
So Little To Say!!!

Saawx/Rays...game 6...tonight...the game no one expected to take place. That's the great thing about baseball...no time running out...no running out the clock...play it to the end...and see who wins!!!

Beckett...does he have what it takes???

Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter