Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
New Father-Son project!

My neighbor called me this weekend, and offered this old Ford pickup for FREE! My son and I will be restoring it and giving it to my granddaughter for graduation in about 4 more years.

Click the image to open in full size.

Engine (59AB) still turns over! Sheet metal is in beautiful shape also........

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Dang how lucky can you get? Congrats
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Looks very cool, good job man, cant wait to see more!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Postmaster

LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.
May I say this is an absolutely beautiful picture there - do you happen to have it in large size, say 1600x1200 pixels? I'd love to have it as my desktop at work!

Second, your granddaughter must be a real cool girl if she wants something like that as a graduation present, most ladies I know will never understand the true value of these projects.

Good luck with it, sure looks promising!

Old 12-21-2008, 06:00 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Thanks! I do have it in a larger format, PM me your email add, and I'll send it to you. It's what I have as my desktop! All my "girls" love Ford trucks. My Daughter and Son-in law have a "56" and my oldest granddaughter has a "67". We are definitely an all Ford family

Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Senior User

Paulford8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is fantastic luck!!! I am in an all Ford family also... However when I was 15 my father tried to buy me an old International Scout. I ended up with a 73 F150... But we have always talked about Scouts.... I am thinking about bidding on a 67 on Ebay, even though my father has mentioned 50's Ford trucks a few times in last 6 months......
Old 12-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
My neighbor called me this weekend, and offered this old Ford pickup for FREE! My son and I will be restoring it and giving it to my granddaughter for graduation in about 4 more years.

Click the image to open in full size.

Engine (59AB) still turns over! Sheet metal is in beautiful shape also........
Can't wait to see more pics of it, looks like it's solid,has it always been sitting that high, if so that's what may havesaved it, guessing 1945-7
Old 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM

I live in the high desert of eastern Oregon, and we only get 6-8 inches of rain a year. Not much chance of rust here.............The front end is sitting on the axel ( hubs are missing), and the rear bumper is sitting on 2 railroad ties ( rear end is gone). I still can't believe the body is in such great shape! As soon as the ground firms up I'll bring it down to the shop, and take some more pics.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
I live in the high desert of eastern Oregon, and we only get 6-8 inches of rain a year. Not much chance of rust here.............The front end is sitting on the axel ( hubs are missing), and the rear bumper is sitting on 2 railroad ties ( rear end is gone). I still can't believe the body is in such great shape! As soon as the ground firms up I'll bring it down to the shop, and take some more pics.

I sure would like to see some more pictures of what you did to it.
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbworm View Post
I sure would like to see some more pictures of what you did to it.
We haven't done anything yet, just gathering parts and pieces. We should start the build sometime next year.....

Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Freshman User

357windsor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, great score!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
davidson, father, harley, project, quote, son, truck