General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Did she just reject me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
unclehan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did she just reject me?

So I saw a pic of a hot girl on my friend's computer and asked him to hook that girl up with me. He asked the girl the next day and he gave me her email. I had a couple of email exchanges with that girl and she asked me to send of pic of me to her. So I sent my pic and asked if he can do something on this weekend since I was going to stop by her university to hang out with other friends.

She replied my email and asked me when I was coming to her university. (I had to drive 40 miles to her university)

I replied and said will Saturday evening work. She replied and said it was dad's weekend and her parents are coming so she's kind of tied up for the weekend. But she said she'll let me know tomorrow if we can chill. So I guess she didn't flatly say no at least...

I asked my friend who goes to that university and they said it's true there is a dad's weekend and it's big tradition.

So do I still have a chance at this point? Does she at least any some interest in me or is there not enough information?

PS. Just a random question, if a guy hit on a lot of women, mostly strangers who are not his friends, and he has an overall success rate of 50%, is that decent or is he a loser? "success" means the girl did not reject you on your first try and you ended up going on multiple dates at least. How well you do after that depends on too much factors.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it too much.

As for the 50%, that's damn good. Most guys crash and burn 95% of the time.

edit

That's gotta be qualified though. Are you meaning that 50% of the strangers you meet, you end up making out with? Or you get along with amicably? Or, or, or... What are you considering "success"?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Sounds like you have a chance.

As for you question I agree with bigrigfixer.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:07 AM
fmc400
MSEE
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
She didn't reject you at all. But based on your post - you seem like you're a little pushy. I mean, all she did was say she happened to have plans this one time, and you made a long post on a forum about it. If she saw this, I'm sure she'd be a little creeped out. I'd say you're still good to go, but don't come on too strong next time you're in contact with her.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,736 Likes on 1,329 Posts
Shoot...I'd say you're a winner. I've never even had a GF. At least you're not afraid to go for it!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Your a lucky man if youve never had a g/f!!

She didnt reject ya, I dont really know why ya even partially thought she did.

Also, how hot is she? I think we need pics man

Old 10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
50% success rate? Hell, the avg sucess for so much as gettinga number, much less her actually giving the right number or answering/not shooting you down when you call her is like 10%

Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
fred_79f250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jimmy Dean
50% success rate? Hell, the avg sucess for so much as gettinga number, much less her actually giving the right number or answering/not shooting you down when you call her is like 10%
Which makes for very intersting social studies.

There's been a lot of talk in recent years about girls needing to build self-esteem. But once boys and girls reach puberty, in the arena of relationships at least, it works just like Jim above says -

Your average girl receives this continuous flow of expressions of interest that are flattering and ego boosting. She'll receive ten such morale-lifters for every one she might actually choose to accept.

In that same time, the average guy will submit himself ten times to other girls, baring his admission of interest to them, and get told he's uninteresting 9 out of ten times.

Yet somehow, according to educators, boys remain the ones with innate self-confidence and girls require special attention to their self-esteem. So modern education and social development culture has in recent years filled itself with girl-positive messages like Girl Power, Girls Rule!, Grrrrrrrls!, You Go Girl!, even passing to the dark side, uplifting girls by putting down boys with t-shirt slogans like "Boys Stink", or the now infamous "Boys suck. Throw rocks at them."

It's truly a wondrous testament to the innate resilience of boys that, under these conditions, our sons of today are not all curled up under their beds in the fetal position.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if she wants something shell let you know after this weekend shell let you know, she has your email...i wouldnt worry,sounds like you havent even spoken on the phone,with free nights and weekends on cell phones

Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by fred_79f250
Which makes for very intersting social studies.

There's been a lot of talk in recent years about girls needing to build self-esteem. But once boys and girls reach puberty, in the arena of relationships at least, it works just like Jim above says -

Your average girl receives this continuous flow of expressions of interest that are flattering and ego boosting. She'll receive ten such morale-lifters for every one she might actually choose to accept.

In that same time, the average guy will submit himself ten times to other girls, baring his admission of interest to them, and get told he's uninteresting 9 out of ten times.

Yet somehow, according to educators, boys remain the ones with innate self-confidence and girls require special attention to their self-esteem. So modern education and social development culture has in recent years filled itself with girl-positive messages like Girl Power, Girls Rule!, Grrrrrrrls!, You Go Girl!, even passing to the dark side, uplifting girls by putting down boys with t-shirt slogans like "Boys Stink", or the now infamous "Boys suck. Throw rocks at them."

It's truly a wondrous testament to the innate resilience of boys that, under these conditions, our sons of today are not all curled up under their beds in the fetal position.
This is so true, I know. But doesn't make dads feel good to see this. But the guys have to let the girls have space. Also we can't look easy either.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
lol, im kinda in the same situation......my sister gave a girl my number and said she should call me....well she did,and i called her back the next night (it was late when i got the v.mail) so on tuesday night we chatted for awhile and she even called me back 20 minutes later after we hung with each other.

so on to wed night, i told myself "dont call her,maybe she'll call,etc....." well she didnt call,and i didnt call her either,makes you wonder if we were both thinking the same things at the same times,lol

so im talking to my sister this morning shes like"did you guys talk last night?" im like no, she says why,why,why,why...lol,you know hows sisters can get when they want something like this to happen for there bro's........im like she didnt call, i didnt call her...why,why,why......im like weve never met,spoken once on the phone, im not the over exhuberent (spelling),gonna hunt your **** down type of guy. ive never been,and i dont want to feel pushy towards her

but to the OP, im in a similar situation with never seeing this girl...........if we chat some more,or possibly hang out,then we will..................believe me i want to call, she has a 5 year old son, divorced, 29 yrs of age, from albania (with a sexy **** accent) working and is in college over here studying to be a teacher, she has 4 year degree from albania

so thats another reason why im not blowing up her phone, i know shes obviously has way more on her plate than i do,and i truley feel, if she wants to talk more, or maybe even go out sometime, she'll let me know.

im happy to say,at least were talking and not emailing,because if she wanted a pic, and fte'rs know my abilitys to post pics.........

Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
I wish I could get my sisters to hook me up with their friends. One of my sisters has some super good-lookin friends.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My sister used to get really mad when I hooked up with her friends.

I was with two of my sisters bridesmaids, and at the wedding that got to be a little ackward haha.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 PM
JIM_C
Elder User
Originally Posted by preppypyro
My sister used to get really mad when I hooked up with her friends.

I was with two of my sisters bridesmaids, and at the wedding that got to be a little ackward haha.
Reps to you, dude. Weddings were a great source of action in my younger days, up until my own, of course. No action anymore! Not to the extreme of Wedding Crashers or anything like that, but it was good nonetheless.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
well its 1:21 am here, and i dont think ive ever posted this late at night before...i sleep like a baby and have no probs falling asleep at 10 or 11 if nothing is going on

well i just got off the phone with the girl i posted about up above. we talked for over 4 hours tonight. its strange,theres like no uneasiness between us, even with the language barrier (her being albanian, knowing pretty good english, but she doesnt know english lingo,yet) the conversations are f-in awesome.....i feel alive again inside

for all you guys and gals out there that are in relationships,tell 'em one extra time that you love them tomorrow. its been about 3 years since ive been in love,and its been to long, way to long

Quick Reply: Did she just reject me?