Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

October Bs Thread...almost Anything Goes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,105 Likes on 4,189 Posts
Good morning Wyoming...Miles...Michelle...Orin...and all others!!!

How about those Saawx...on to Florida!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning Ken, Miles, Michelle, Orin, Scott, and the whole Wyoming gang! Wet rainy day here on the east end of Nebraska.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mwvdub
Good morning Ken and Pat. Had a good weekend except for the Red Sox loss last night. It was a really good game and it really should not have been as close as it was. Maybe they can finish off the Angels tonight. Pat, the price of everything managed to price me out of an in state license.
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
Good morning every one, hope all is well with every one. Been out with the hunter looking for the big buck Antelope. Have been watching since yesterday morning for the just right one but with all the hunters comming through the country and harvesting I told mine he probably better take the one in my lower pasture. It is not a bad one, not the largest but is available.

The price of out of state even for Antelope is staggering far as I can tell. Bought a doe tag yesterday for $22.00, I remember $5.00 for resident not so long ago.

It makes me look harder at shooting my own beef and being done with it. I guess time will tell.
Do you guys know what an out-of-state tag is for Elk anymore? I wouldn't mind trying antelope hunting. I assume they still have the big One Shot Antelope hunt up in Lander every year. I don't think I've ever had antelope.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Do you guys know what an out-of-state tag is for Elk anymore? I wouldn't mind trying antelope hunting. I assume they still have the big One Shot Antelope hunt up in Lander every year. I don't think I've ever had antelope.
Good morning all. It is very expensive for a nonresident license Pat. I went to the One Shot in Lander last year and it was really fun. I read an article that was talking about the population of pronghorned antelope in the US. It said that 90% of the population lives within a 100 miles radius of Casper. That is a lot of antelope.

<table id="Table1"><tbody><tr><td>ELK Nonresident $577 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Cow/Calf $288 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Landowner $577 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Special $1057 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Youth $275 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Youth Cow/Calf $100 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
ELK Nonresident Youth Landowner $275 If applying for license through drawing, application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $14.00.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Man, that sucks. I was hoping the Landowner would be cheaper, since I own a house with my brothers in Lander. But, that's how they make their money off all the rich people up by Jackson Hole.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
swann79
Posting Guru
Mornin' folks, recovering from the flu today... last night was a very long night.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:31 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Wow, everybody is getting sick! Morning Scott, hope you get to feeling better, bud.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone, heard that flu was a drainer, knew a few in Cheyenne that didn't care much for it. Well yesterday morn my hunter took his buck, turns out to be a pretty good bag. A lot of good meat and a nice plaque horn mount.

The monster he was hunting for did not get big without a reason, after the first shot I think he dug a hole and buried himself till after season.

Pat if you have never had Antelope make sure that when you do get one that has not been run 30 miles before being shot also have to treat them just like sheep or goats as if that hair gets in it makes the meat taste sage. If it has been run you would get more flavor out of the horns then you will the rest of the animal.

Miles those prices would almost make me want to size up a beef and least I would know how it was fed.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by mwvdub
It is very expensive for a nonresident license Pat.
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Man, that sucks. I was hoping the Landowner would be cheaper, since I own a house with my brothers in Lander. But, that's how they make their money off all the rich people up by Jackson Hole.

Yeah, the tags are expensive, especially compared to my first trip in 1986. But it all depends on perspective really. As vacations go, an out of state hunt in WY is reasonable. I spent more in fuel driving there (from So Cal) than I did on the tag and trespass fee combined. Of course that varies by how far you are traveling. But whatever the cost, WY is a beautiful state, and the hunting is as good as anywhere else in the ContUS, and if I think of it as a vacation, and not just a meat shopping trip, the cost is okay.

And if you do an Antelope hunt, it is easy to do it from a motel base, so take SWMBO and the family along and make it a true vacation.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I usually hunt Elk. Hunting up where I usually have gone hasn't been too good the last few years, from what I'm told. That would be the only drawback, spend that money on a tag, and not get anything!! I do miss hunting up there (near Dubois). Very pretty country. Nothing better than packing in by horse, and then walking the mountains!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
What is up with hunting with females? Lets see if we can **** them off. Lets see I have my nine strapped to one side and my hunting knife strapped to the other and a 243 so let see if we can **** me off. Thats why I'm back at the house. SORRY guys had to vent.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Not sure if I even want to touch that one Michelle!! One of the best hunter I ever knew was my mom. She went after elk and moose, and was able to get a big horn sheep. It is mounted up at her place in Lander. I think my older brother is going to bring it home and put it in his new house.

Only reason I didn't like hunting with my mom, is because she was a much better shot!!!LOL!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
No offense Pat but the out-of-state hunters are like your going to miss I will shoot yours. Not in my lifetime. If I miss I miss, so what, at least I had fun trying. I was pissed. I just wanted to rip their heads off. I maybe short but get me mad and I'm 10 feet tall and bullet proof without the sugar.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Good evening Wyoming. Doing alot better now. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone that graces this thread this fine day. Michelle had a bad hair day it looks like yesterday, was warned about that yesterday eve. That woman is the sweetest thing you ever saw but tell her she can’t do something; she turns into the nightmare you never wanted.

No body needs to worry though, she is like a stick of dynamite, she pops, rocks fly and then it is done. I have been married to her for 9 years and I don’t seem to have the tact or sense to keep my mouth shut bet yet I have not taken up sleeping with one eye open.

Well my hunter and I shall stalk the speed goats again this morn in just a few, we have a spot picked out and need to get there as this is his last day here.

Pat, I think the weather has a lot to do with the Elk hunts, things are dry and the winter has not set in well enough to drive them like it has in the past. It is just a thought I' am sure its more but the last Elk hunt I went on was dry and hot when it should have been cool.

Got to wrap and run, later I shall ride shot gun with Michelle so she stays focused on getting an Antelope and quits worrying about some body yanking her chain.

Quick Reply: October Bs Thread...almost Anything Goes!!!