Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

October Bs Thread...almost Anything Goes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by bpounds
Don't pay no mind to the kids Orin, I enjoy your writing and you help keep the WY chapter BS interesting.
OUCH!!!

Thanks for giving him a BIG EGO BOOSTER!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250
OUCH!!!

Thanks for giving him a BIG EGO BOOSTER!!!
Michelle, we're counting on you to bring him back to earth. After all, this is the BS thread - no need to get too worked up over it.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm not worked up about anything. Just trying to have some fun to. But what a EGO he has.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Well, I enjoy talking to all of you, that means you too, Orin!! Hey, that's why this is here, to air our thoughts, put out some BS, or vent!!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Exactly. One of those adult children being me!! Hey, I saw that video you posted of you racing, that was very cool! Did you get a chance to get a close look at that other Ford truck, I think it was a 70, the light blue one, that was on that Pinks episode? That looked like a really nice truck.

I looked all over for that truck after seeing run in the first round but could not ever find it. I know what it has a small block of some size with nitrous. it is quite a bit more of a racer than mine with sheet metal interior, etc. I am trying to keep mine a stock looking as possible so one day I can have it as a daily driver with the original 300-6 cylinder.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
After going forth into the world this morn I noticed my wife Michelle has gotten involved as what she wrote indicated a discussion that we have had about my posts. She had felt that I was writing a book to simply respond to a thread.

I know this is true but I love to write and as indicated up until this summer I have little outlet to write except in a journal. My other outlet is my friends and neighbors with whom I engage in stories of things I remember or things that I discover and share with the intent of engaging thought and input, I thrive on that.

If I throw something out there that others can enjoy, see in themselves, learn of, or ponder I have done what I want to do most in my life as defined in a shift to follow a dream of many years that I have had. I still have the many day to day things that I do normally but my restless mind and a connection to the out side world has defined a new era for me. This winter proves to be a lot of fun for me when the days are cold, snowy and miserable as when the chore’s done I shall follow my dream.

My grandmother on my mother’s side was a very good artist who even after suffering from polio as a young women was able to reform and define her skill to her left hand when her right had become weak and with practice she was able to paint a scene that would make you feel as though you were standing there in that setting. Her many paintings were of Laramie Peak here in Wyoming where she lived but tragically most of her work was lost in a fire that burned their house down, she simply was heart broken, never was able to recover and passed on years later without ever painting again.

It was thought at one time I may have had the same skill as I can draw some but the written word seems to be the one thing that sets my soul on fire. I will probably never see my work published but one can never tell, this does just that, I can share something that I enjoy in it imperfection at times I try hard but know better, the internet has given me the outlet here and on other sites though mostly here.

I have been a wordy fellow today and I don’t need to know if this is good I just need to know if this isn’t or not appreciated as this is my intent to share something enjoyable not something that is dreaded. Who knows, may even improve what I write as I don’t have all the answers. I’ am learning no matter my age just like every one else. I have the deepest regard for artist and their abilities and even though I have a long ways to go I hope this is a continuance of my grandmother “Alice” and her gift.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I dont think ego has any thing to do with at least this however I' am sure that my inner ego probably leaks out once in a while. Ha, Ha. I will continue to write, not vent just as I have and hope it is enjoyable and thought provoking.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Works for me, Orin! And,I think you'll find your written words much appreciated!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Orin, I enjoy your long posts. Nice to read something education/informative on a forum once in a while.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,085 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hey Wyoming...hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
kinda disappointed ken. this ball game sucks

Old 10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
BIGKEN
That's an understatement Miles...Lester really sucked in the third!!! On the other hand...the Rays are really proving they are not a fluke!!! I do hope that they fall apart though!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
BIGKEN
Orin...I just read your post/explanation. Keep 'em coming bud...there's room for all of us here on FTE. Some of my posts tend to ramble also...read 'em if you want...ignore them if you want!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
That's an understatement Miles...Lester really sucked in the third!!! On the other hand...the Rays are really proving they are not a fluke!!! I do hope that they fall apart though!!!
I had a feeling the kinda jinxed him by saying that he has not lost at home since June or July. Oh, 8-1 now. maybe tomorrow will be better.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning every one looks like a beautiful fall day, supposed to warm up and get nice again. Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday, it is appreciated. I cannot believe yet that I was referred to as macho or had an ego concern by my dearly beloved.

Every descend man though does need a reason for those times when he is not appearing in top form so I will simply say that I suppose if I had any feelings of displacement yesterday it was because of a retirement of 40 years of using tobacco. I did quit completely with no real cravings,

I suppose the trade off for the complete break is sometimes an unstable view of things even a year later.

Quick Reply: October Bs Thread...almost Anything Goes!!!