1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Stupid tire size question......

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Black01Edge
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid tire size question......

Ok guys have kinda a dumb one here my 2001 ranger edge 4.0 4x4 king cab came with 245/75/16 s on it im running a wrangler at/d2 lr e on it right now.these are sams club specials havent seen them anywere else the tires are ok on pavement as long as its dry but they suck in the snowand rain .
i want to go back to bfg kos my last set lasted 80,000 miles lol
but want to up to a 265 75 16 will this mess with any of the sensors in the truck? i know they will fit but dont want to screw with puter......
my superchips programmer is an older one and i cant change the tire size with it

thanx again
steve

Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 AM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
as long as all 4 tires are the same size...the speed sensors dont care...just remember your speedometer will be off

Old 10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Seems to me '01 ATE 3S/3M ABS has not tire size test. Ouh yeah, Wabco EBS, ATE SBS and other suffisticated systems has, and fault code "different tires fitted on vehicle" may appeare if wheel speeds differ for more then 10%. I used to see internal programming of ABS controll unit. Yes, there are tire size, rear end ratio, number of pole ring teeth and number of pulses per one DS revolution are in parameter section of unit memory, but never heard that someone had to reprogram unit after rear ens swap (3.45 to 4.10 for exampe).

So you should not get ABS light after tire change.... I have different tires on my ranger and no ABS codes

Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AzBlueWolf
as long as all 4 tires are the same size...the speed sensors dont care...just remember your speedometer will be off
that is right. I have never heard of a abs problem as long as the tires are all the same size. My personal preference if you are going to do on and offroad use is Bridgestone Duller A/T Revo's. I just never have liked the way BFG's wear, but to each his own.