Offroad & 4x4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moderating & Posting Comments

Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
1979f350inline6
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got bashed by them for giving my opinion, most of them thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread,

Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Paul, it wasn't because you all happen to have minion in your sig's. It was the rude attacks on others that the "group" would do as a group. It is not our fault that the only ones from this forum grouping together to gang up on people happen to call themselves minions. It was the childishness and sometimes just downright meanness that caused the minions to be no more, at least here on FTE.

It amazes me that I see many of the gang on other sites and spin-off sites and they have a totally different attitude. Only thing I can figure is that there are bigger dogs on the other sites whereas here they were the big dog.

Anyway, that is my opinion.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
DesertStorm
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlene

It amazes me that I see many of the gang on other sites and spin-off sites and they have a totally different attitude. Only thing I can figure is that there are bigger dogs on the other sites whereas here they were the big dog.
I agree 100%.

All big and bad here talkin smack. I went to some other sites and tracked a couple of them down and they are like meek little sheep.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Paul, it wasn't because you all happen to have minion in your sig's. It was the rude attacks on others that the "group" would do as a group. It is not our fault that the only ones from this forum grouping together to gang up on people happen to call themselves minions. It was the childishness and sometimes just downright meanness that caused the minions to be no more, at least here on FTE.

I admit I had a few bad posts and took part in the ganging up rarely when someone flat out refused to listen or take reasonable advice, but most of the time I did my best to answer the question best I could. Its hard to keep a temper when you take the time to help someone and they refuse to listen at all though.

As far as the other sites, if you're talking about N.W.U. I don't see what you're talking about?? I'd like to see an example of what you're getting at.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
I couldn't agree more.

BTW, I took all these posts out of the "Trust Fund" thread. That thread needs to run on its own.

This one is a great place for ya all to ask me whatever you want to know about how I moderate, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, vent about past moderation issues, etc.

I'll try to answer what I can as long as you guys realize that I am NEVER wrong, ask my hubby.
this one had me a bit confused...
As i KNOW i didnt start this thread... Thanks for clearing that up though....

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Carlene
Admom
There are 4 other sites I frequent other than FTE, 1 is a Jeep forum, the other 3 I read but rarely post. You mentioned one, Crazyredneck pushes the other here and the 3rd, well, I'll leave that on unmentioned.

Go look at the offroad forum on N.W.U. and posts by minions that nolonger post on FTE. Gee, they give advice without calling people morons. Gee, what a concept. Thats what I'm talking about.

As for people not following good advice given, there is not a thing I or anyone else can do to make them. Yeah, it is fustrating but you can't save some people from themselves and that is just a part of life. Going on the attack is never going to make someone change their mind. Posting up good, logical and proven info and results might, and I add might because some people know it all whether they do or not.

As for you personally, I've never seen you post personal attacks. I've seen you debate in some of those attack threads but not lower yourself to making it personal.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Well I haven't seen a situation in which someone asked for advice and then wouldn't take it on N.W.U. yet. I know there's all kinds of poop talking over on that site, even more so than we did here, but we all know each other. I wouldn't call the minions sheep over there. I know for a fact there have been a few discussions in which some of us didn't agree with some of the seasoned users over there and no one was "sheepish".

Either way, I'll still drop some info here when I have it to give, but most of the friends I had on here have moved onto other sites and that's what really made this site fun.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

Well the reason people on N.W.U. dont get harrassed is because they are others with the same knowledge that were banned from here the last time this all went down. Most of them are either friends and family of those banned or the select few that were invited there.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Carlene
Admom
I know the guys there too. I'm one of those select few that was invited. I just don't post much because as a SM here, I had more than enough to do and I'm not even close to the area to actually meet any of them.

And if FTE only had a handfull of users, we probably wouldn't get the dumb or already hashed out questions as we do now. When there's well over 1000 registered users on each and every day, you're going to get those questions and more of those types of people that ask but don't take advice.

There's many days that I'm on N.W.U reading all by myself.

The size of FTE has its problems but it also has its benefits. If it weren't for FTE, most of you wouldn't have formed the friendships you have with people from all over the country and some even in your own states..

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
I like how N.W.U. is small and there isnt 5000 people babbling back and forth its a small group compared to fte... But i like it that way.... Its like taking the regulars to one section... I.E. The off road section here at fte, and having them make a site...

I also am a registered and active member on n.w.u. i know most of the people on there, and i have actually lived in there "area" For quite awhile... With plans on moving back soon.

I have local lubbock forums that i frequnent too...

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 AM
davethecow
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been a member of pirate longer then i have been here.When i started there it was a local board,not the unruly mob that it is now. I still post there.
Those guys have no real individualism there since every one acts they way they did.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:48 AM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You share more than just one persons opinion. That " little fish in a big pond" theory could not be more true.
That group only had a select few that were actually knowledgable, and the rest were simple followers that felt some sort of satisfaction for being included in what they felt to be a reputable group.
Many simply provided tech that was from another site and only repeated what they had read, and not actually first hand experience.
Many blasted anyone that had BFG A/T tires (and still do) but most of them ran the same tire that they so criticized in so many threads.
The same is true for anything related to a TTB front axle, or even a D44 for that matter. Heak when it ever came time to show all of the cards, there were only a small, I mean very small group that had real equipment, and the rest just criticized, and followed along because that is what the cool thing to do at the time.
Who in there right mind would want to willingly be a server or subordinate?
Grant it we all answer to someone, but in this case, it is out of the question.
Besides, my original understanding of the term 'minion' was, a small ordinance (cannon) that utilized small caliber projectiles.
Thats is basically small *****! Pun intended.
Almost seems fitting.
For the most part there was more hyprocacy than real knowledge.
Just because the entire pack of wolves had lunch did not mean that any individual wolf was a great hunter. Saftey in numbers was the only reason that group felt justified in anything that they did.
For the most part, the ones with the real knowledge stayed quiet, and let the others fade away. Those good folks are still here. While some may be affiliated with the old group, and still buddies, this forum is not necesarilly any worse off without them. Still plenty of great knowledge here.
Before that group, plenty of people survived, and learned.
Thats what this forum should be about. Learning. We learn from others that have actual knowledge, and not something that they read from another site, and try to make it gospel. On many occasions some of us share a PM, and share something that was learned out on the trail, over the weekend. This is from seasoned wheelers that are willing to continue to learn, and share.
Too many newbs were run off because they were made to feel small, and that was not fair.
For the most part, the quiet guys / girls that have pretty nice rides, have little to say, but soooo much to share, and when it comes down to it, they share very valuable information when they do. The folks with so much to say are the ones without equipment, and have nothing more than desire and dreams of what they want to build.
Interesting to me after reading many posts, that for a while the pot could call the kettle black, but when the kettle spoke up, the pot was offended.
Perhaps the OffRoad forum can once again become what it once was.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 75F350
Perhaps the OffRoad forum can once again become what it once was.
lol one could only hope! couldnt agree more with your thoughts

-cutts-

Old 09-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Carlene
Admom
Ditto....... ^

How about we move beyond the minion thing now.

This thread will remain because I really do want you guys to post up if you have any issues or comments about the way I or anyone else that moderates this forum as we move forward.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe the forum should have a "how much lift" or "what size tire" stickie sort of like the "dumb newb questions" on Pirate to help keep that stuff out of the main forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moderating & Posting Comments