Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Posting Guru

boggerted is starting off with a positive reputation.
brake and blinker lights don't work

I had to repair some of the wires going to the taillights after the plug that attaches it to the main harness because the wires got melted while torching the old bed off. I tried to fix the wiring, and got the passenger side taillights all working perfectly. On the drivers side, though, only the reverse light comes on, and when you turn on the headlights the dual filament bulb turns on. It will not blink for the turn signal or light up when the brake is applied. What wires should I look at? Thanks.
1989 Ford F350 4x4 351 5 speed-The Beast-SOLD
1984 Ford F250- my project- -SOLD
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 PM

Franklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud ofFranklin2 has much to be proud of
Here's a diagram with the wire colors.

http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/g...3d800ce991.gif

1989 F250 XLT Diesel
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm having a similar problem with my truck.My turn signals won't work on either side,my reverse lights don't work,and my brake lights don't work.They light up when I turn the lights on,but when the brake is applied,they do nothing.Now it might be the thing that attaches to the brake pedal,but the previous owner of my truck cut wires for trailer brakes.I've reattached most of them,but there's still a couple that aren't connected...
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks