1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

ATTN: Florida Guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
ATTN: Florida Guys

Hey guys, I just got a message from Chris (Maverick1701) needing help. Well I called him and he is down there with a pinion seal that is spewing lube. I didn't have time to talk to him about the specifics, but he says he's maintaining at this time just adding lube. But since he lives here in TX, I'm not sure if he's gonna try to change the seal out or not when he tries to come home. But I'm certain it would make him feel alot better to know we have someone within reach if he goes down hard. So if we have someone down there that's willing to lend a hand or impact wrench, please let me know. You can PM me if you want, and I can pass the info on to him if he needs it. And I'm not sure exactly where he is in FL, but when I got the message he said he was in the panhandle. But when I called him, he said he had about 4hrs more to go. Anyway, holler at me guys and we can be ready if the worst happens. I'm sure he'll be okay, but just in case. Thanks guys.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hope someone chimes in....he is or will be pulling his new boat(wont not be fun with a leakin diff).If you find out where he is let me know as I have a few customers and friends that may be able to help him out.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortuantly im in north dakota, if he was near by i would run out there with a compressor generator and impact and get that sucker changed out for him. hopefully there someone near by that can lend him a hand

Old 09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try up in the 99-03 forum we have a few members down that way that might be able to help.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Will do Justin.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
well good news/bad news.....
I am alive still which is always good. I am ready to get home... I smell like gear lube, dirt, diesel and all kinds of other auto aromas (its not a bad thing, but I could use a shower)

The leaky rear eventually got so bad I just decided to have the seal replaced (I couldnt keep any fluid in there, and didnt want to risk blowing out the rear).
The place has free internet so I can check everything while they work on my truck. I left the boat parked in their service drive-through area while they are working...LMAO. I made it to Lafeyette, La (not really sure how to spell it) before it really began to get bad so I am ALMOST home....about 350miles away. I sure appreciate all the help cody and everyone else...its nice to know that the FTE crew is here to back each other up in case something bad happens

So far it has been a fun trip....it wouldn't be a real road trip if everything worked out.
I was able to visit my grandparents and old friends while in florida as well as picking up the boat.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Well, Chris I sure wish I was there to help you out instead of having to pay for it. But I'm glad you are doing okay, and not stuck somewhere. But you have my # if ever you need it.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
I got some pictures of my trip home up until the problems started to show up...enjoy

Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Holy *** load of motor on that boat!!!! Looks like it ought to handle some rough water. I'm assuming you are home??

Old 09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RubberDuck
Holy *** load of motor on that boat!!!! Looks like it ought to handle some rough water. I'm assuming you are home??
LMAO that is usually the reaction I get when people see the sheer size of her.
Yes Cody, I am FINALLY home...arrived back here around 10:45pm last night, parked and covered her then came in and collapsed until around 930am.

I didnt really want a small boat because I am planning on making a lot of trips down to the gulf coast. She is smokin' fast too... we took her out into the atlantic for a "test drive" and I thought we were really fast at 1/2 throttle...when we hit it to full throttle....DAMN. We were right around 55 on the speedo at max throttle.
BTW I will be down that way sometime in the near future, I am not sure of the dates yet but it is for the big TMEA music educators conference and since I am not a music major anymore I couldnt care less about everything there. So While everyone else is looking around at band stuff I am going to be fishing....if you are not busy we should do some fishing in lake travis