Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
How tall is your RV?

I think I read this tip here, but don't remember for sure.

Do you know how tall your trailer is? Ever measured it? If you did, can you remember it? I finally got around to actually measuring mine. But I knew I might not remember the value when I needed it the most. I thought about putting a sticker on my dash, and that would work okay. Then I read this tip on the internet. I printed a label with a mirror image of the measurement and stuck it to the front of the trailer. Now I can see the height any time just by looking in my mirror. I took the picture below while I was driving.

Click the image to open in full size.

Now, if you don't think this is important, you might want to look at this recent thread:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/75...railer-is.html

Extra points to the first person who can tell me where the photo above was taken.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 PM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
Never had a problem remembering 12.5 high, 100in wide and 37ft long we live in it so it's a little easier when you are around it every day.

Denny
Retired 2000 F350 Lariat SC DRW V10 4.30 Gears BrakeSmart
Air Lifts 4X2
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Freshman User

pfoutsr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Towing tip

Nice tip on trailer height. Where'd you get the extra mirror?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Elder User

bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfoutsr View Post
Nice tip on trailer height. Where'd you get the extra mirror?
Had the C-Betr mirrors on both my 04 & 06. Ambulances around here have them too.

BNH Products C-Betr Blind Spot Towing Mirrors for F250-550

Bob

Oh yea, I know my height too.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/76...-you-know.html
(traded the 06 w/ 45Kmi. 10/1/07)
(traded the 04 w/ 56Kmi. 3/25/06) N5BUJ
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Freshman User

pfoutsr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the tip on the mirrors. Got to get a pair of those!

Mods & non-Stock add-ons: Locking Fuel Cap, Locking Billet Fuel Door,HFCM, Fumoto, EGR Deflectors, Door Chime (off), Seat Belt Extenders

Real trucks donít have spark plugs, Real trucks burn Diesel!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfoutsr View Post
Thanks for the tip on the mirrors. Got to get a pair of those!

Yeah, those are the best $40 I ever spent on the truck. I think it makes the old mirrors better than the new '08 mirrors.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Elder User

bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've got to disagree with respect to the C-Betr making the mirrors better than the 08 mirrors

The mirrors on the 08 are one of the best features.

The one drawback to the C-Betr mirrors is that you can not fold your mirrors in w/o extending them first; or there is interference.

The C-Betr mirrors are great for improving that blind spot and are a great addition.
(traded the 06 w/ 45Kmi. 10/1/07)
(traded the 04 w/ 56Kmi. 3/25/06) N5BUJ
Old 09-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Elder User

ClydeSDale is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up

Not a bad idea! I'm assuming you made the reverse numbers yourself?

Click the image to open in full size.

I did my own version of convex mirror mounting. Hard to mount an auxillary mirror when I reverse and rotate the primarys from wide to narrow with and without the camper.

I'm a big one for marking easily forgotten information with labels. Tire pressures (TP65 ... got that from the Air Force), fluid types & capacitys, drain plug wrench sizes, lugnut torque, tsp of bleach for fresh water tank refill, light bulb replacement #'s in the camper, etc., etc.. Saves a lot of time when you're in a hurry, or in this case viewing a "LOW BRIDGE AHEAD" sign.

I like it. Thanks!

Clyde S Dale, Camper Pulling Workhorse
1984 F250HD XLT RCLB 4X2 8600 GVW 460 ^Timing C6 Track-loc 4.10's
Trailer Towing/Camper Pkg K&N in/DynoMax out All synth fluids, fully temp gauged
4-core HeatbusteR radiator, dual OE plate type tranny coolers 74,000 original miles (and counting)
ClydeSDale Photo Album
Old 09-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Post Fiend

X_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputation
I'll venture a guess...

Mercy Hot Spring...Fresno California?
Big BS'r #19 and Slackmaster #30
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy View Post
I'll venture a guess...

Mercy Hot Spring...Fresno California?
It's a hot spring, and it's in the Sierra, but it's not that one.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels

Tags
bay, bulb, camper, height, how, light, montego, replacement, rv, rvs, suncrest, tall, talll, trailer, wheel